November 27, 2011
This week… 2089 commits, in 181 projects, by 226 happy hackers (and 320 were translation commits).
- Richard Hughes added a progress bar on the calibration action page of gnome-color-manager.
- Morten Welinder improved the precision of range functions in goffice.
- Joanmarie Diggs removed the legacy magnification code from orca . (GNOME bug 664651)
- In gnome-disk-utility David Zeuthen updated the ATA smart dialog.
- Erik Hartenian improved the Cantarell font, adding “extrema” to all glyphs, and making slight adjustments on a few letters.
- In the gnome-control-center wacom panel Bastien Nocera split out the tablet page, so it can be reused for separate tablet configurations.
- In seahorse Stef Walter added support for creating creating certificate requests as well as support for PKCS#11 key generation.
- Guillaume Desmottes added a “wrong password” dialog to Empathy, used for failing GOA accounts . (GNOME bug 661640)
- Milan Crha implemented fast-transfer for the address book backend of evolution-mapi.
- For gnome-documents Cosimo Cecchi made a first version of GdTaggedEntry, a GtkEntry subclass to which tags can be added (and styled with CSS).
- Anthony Granger updated Cheese preferences dialog to be more netbook-friendly . (GNOME bug 663146)
- Jason Baron added cgroup support in the process view of gnome-system-monitor.
- John Stowers updated gnome-tweak-tool to support the new GNOME Shell 3.3.x DBus interface.
November 6, 2011
This week… 1522 commits, in 143 projects, by 202 happy hackers (and 179 were translation commits).
- Dan Winship added API to handle redirections in libsoup.
- Chris Kühl modified gnome-system-monitor to include the process name in the end and kill process dialogs . (GNOME bug 560162)
- Will Thompson changed pinpoint to inhibit screensaver while fullscreened.
- In seahorse Stef Walter implemented locking and unlocking of tokens.
- Zeeshan Ali added basic support for creating a VM to gnome-boxes.
- In cogl Robert Bragg started reducing the dependency to glib.
- David Zeuthen changed gnome-disk-utility to default to formatting removable media as NTFS, noting that ideally we’d have a good filesystem for removable media but that’s not the way things work right now.
- Ekaterina Gerasimova rewrote the gnome-system-log help in Mallard . (GNOME bug 658455)
- In gnumeric Andreas J. Guelzow improved text and hyperlinks import/export from and to ODF . (GNOME bug 663135 and GNOME bug 603533)
- In gparted Curtis Gedak fixed the display of ext2/3/4 and NTFS unicode volume labels . (GNOME bug 662537)
- Jean Bréfort added some optional support for EPS images into libgoffice.
- Cosimo Cecchi made a first implementation of a search dropdown filter in gnome-documents.
- In rhythmbox Jonathan Matthew reworked the search UI and added a source toolbar.
- Carlos Garcia Campos added a serie of tools to manipulate xps files into libgxps.
- Jasper St. Pierre added tab-completion to gnome-shell looking glass . (GNOME bug 661054)
- Patricia Santana Cruz added camera hotplug support to the preferences dialog of Cheese . (GNOME bug 603612)
August 21, 2011
This week… 2080 commits, in 168 projects, by 244 happy hackers (and 325 were translation commits).
- Stef Walter refactored the asynchronous operation code in seahorse.
- Carlos Martín Nieto changed blam to use the db4o database engine for storage.
- Torsten Schönfeld made major improvements to the introspection support in Perl.
- A new chat input style, with smaller meta messages, has been pushed into gnome-shell by Allan Day.
- GNOME Contacts got an initial, and crude, dialog for linking contacts.
- Jiří Techet made the zoom animation in libchamplain configurable.
- The Aunt Mary game has been added back to Aisleriot by Christian Persch . (GNOME bug 325039)
- Ignacio Casal Quinteiro updated the search popup of gedit to use CSS for styling.
- Shaun McCance speeded up urlencode calls in cache generation in yelp-xsl.
- Rodrigo Moya migrated the smartcard gnome-settings-daemon plugin from dbus-glib to gdbus.
- John Stowers added per-document preferences to gedit-latex.
- The new log window of Empathy got landed by Danielle Madeley.
- Matthew Barnes added a “security-method” property to evolution port entry.
- In Gnumeric Andreas J. Guelzow added support for the HPFILTER, a function calculating the Hodrick Prescott Filter.
- The new font chooser dialog, developed by Alberto Ruiz, was merged into GTK+.
July 12, 2009
This week… 1769 commits, in 177 projects, by 216 happy hackers (and 351 were translation commits).
- Seahorse, and many preferences windows from the control center migrated from libglade to GtkBuilder.
- gtk-doc has been updated to also look for dblatex for PDF generation, as it seems to work much better than using fop.
- Cody Russel published a new “client-side-decorations” branch for GTK+.
- Jorge Pereira added a system of plugins to vinagre, based on the gedit one.
- Brasero saw the last bits and pieces of HAL support removed, it will only rely on gio from now . (GNOME bug 581742)
- Gnome Power Manager was updated to port all the code to using PolicyKit1 rather than PolicyKit.
December 21, 2008
This week… 1540 commits, in 182 projects, by 162 happy hackers (and 229 were translation commits).
- Most important, ORBit2 stopped calling g_thread_init() to accomodate the sensitiveness of Microsoft Windows and will display a warning if it was not previously called, this will need changes in a lot of places . (GNOME bug 547885)
- Jürg Billeter fixed lots of bugs in vala, applied patches, and generally enhanced things (notably the D-Bus server was rewritten to directly use libdbus, without dbus-glib marshalling) and released 0.5.3.
- Vala-related, Stefan Walter removed last vala traces from seahorse.
- The libgnomeui dependency was removed from the brightness and inhibit applets, NetworkManager OpenVPN and PPTP support, and libgnome usage was removed from the dictionary applet.
- Alexander Larsson merged eel into nautilus and eel usage was consequently removed from nautilus-cd-burner and brasero.
- Empathy got autocompletion of contact names in its “new message” dialog box . (GNOME bug 552296)
- Patrick Welche updated Dasher from gnome-vfs to gvfs.
- g_timeout_add_seconds replaced g_timeout_add in several new places: in nautilus-sendto, gnome-power-manager, gedit, gnome-games, seahorse.
- The AAC profile, as defined in gnome-media, and used by applications such as Sound Juicer and gnome-sound-recoreder, switched to LC-AAC profile . (GNOME bug 498617)
November 9, 2008
This week… 1590 commits, in 166 projects, by 183 happy hackers (and 153 were translation commits).
- Many modules saw development releases for 2.25.1.
- The libgnome dependency got removed from gnome-power-manager, and gnome-utils (dictionary, screenshot, logview) removed it as well as the dependency on libgnomeui.
- In the same vain, seahorse-plugins removed its gnome-vfs dependency.
- William Jon McCann commited a new volume control using PulseAudio, deprecating the old gst-mixer one.
- Behdad Esfahbod worked quite a bit on gnome-settings-daemon and blogged about the improved login time he achieved.
- Benjamin Berg added a Clearlookstest theme, as he proposed on desktop-devel-list several weeks ago, it is not enabled by default though.
- brasero got a nautilus extension, based on current nautilus-cd-burner.
- John Carr commited support for git mirrors to jhbuild (support for bzr mirrors coming soon).