December 27, 2009
This week… 1152 commits, in 137 projects, by 191 happy hackers (and 128 were translation commits).
- Thanks to a patch by Philip Chimento gtk-doc got a much improved support for parsing unions . (GNOME bug 165425)
- Francisco Rojas added tag autocompletion to Postr . (GNOME bug 507242)
- Support for BibTeX syntax highlighting has bee pushed to gtksourceview . (GNOME bug 605071)
- Takao Fujiwara updated gdm to reload the i18n file automatically . (GNOME bug 599263)
- Sergey V. Udaltsov updated the gnome-settings-daemon keyboard plugin to use the new GkbdStatus status icon.
- The GNOME Color Manager gained an experimental user-calibrate wizard, which the user can use when there is no calibration hardward available.
- Empathy has been updated with support for inviting to multi user chats.
- The IM status plugin of Rhythmbox got support for Pidgin, a contribution by Mohamad Elrashidin Sajeli . (GNOME bug 605023)
- Xan Lopez brought back window.close() to Epiphany.
July 19, 2009
This week… 1954 commits, in 172 projects, by 279 happy hackers (and 293 were translation commits).
- Amitakhya Phukan added Assamese translations to a bunch of modules.
- Pierre Wieser rewrote much of the foundations of nautilus-actions, and ported to GtkBuilder along the way.
- Along the same line Felix Riemann removed the last bit of libglade from gnome-settings-daemon (GNOME bug 582502); Jaap Haitsma ported gnome-nettool (GNOME bug 580149), Christopher Taylor did gnome-screensaver (GNOME bug 463010), and Javier Jardón migrated the GTK+ wizard of Anjuta.
- A target to generate PDF files have been added to gtk-doc exposed targets.
- Several release team scripts, and jhbuild, have added support for SHA-256, to replace MD5 checksums with a better hashing algorithm.
- Thanks to Thibault Saunier, libgdata gained support for the Google Documents service (GNOME bug 587073); this is an important step in his Nautilus: Add support to Google docs for GNOME GSOC.
- Evolution got a rewrite of its calendar cache, backends will be migrating to it after some more testing.
- Working on GtkTreeView performances Benjamin Otte looked at Epiphany location bar and changed it to set a fixed width on its cell renderer.
- Murray Cumming published a toolpalette branch for GTK+, implementing a new tool palette container widget, with groups of toolbar items that can be shown as a grid of icons or a list of names (GNOME bug 567729).
- Also in GTK+ Michael Natterer added a bunch of API to access sealed flags or members, as they are necessary for applications to port applications to a GSEAL-enabled GTK+.
- Banshee added support for WebOS, used in the Palm Pre (GNOME bug 585112).
- Ray Strode ported the GDM greeter to PolicyKit 1.0, and made it so, that in case of duplicated names, it appends the username to differentiate the entries.
- After discussing the matter with designers at GUADEC, William Jon McCann patched libgnome to disable icons on menu items and buttons (GNOME bug 583352, GNOME bug 557469); guidelines on the proper usage of icons should now be published.
July 12, 2009
This week… 1769 commits, in 177 projects, by 216 happy hackers (and 351 were translation commits).
- Seahorse, and many preferences windows from the control center migrated from libglade to GtkBuilder.
- gtk-doc has been updated to also look for dblatex for PDF generation, as it seems to work much better than using fop.
- Cody Russel published a new “client-side-decorations” branch for GTK+.
- Jorge Pereira added a system of plugins to vinagre, based on the gedit one.
- Brasero saw the last bits and pieces of HAL support removed, it will only rely on gio from now . (GNOME bug 581742)
- Gnome Power Manager was updated to port all the code to using PolicyKit1 rather than PolicyKit.
December 7, 2008
This week… 1282 commits, in 164 projects, by 171 happy hackers (and 156 were translation commits).
- Totem got a new Jamendo plugin in totem, a patch from David Jean Louis (GNOME bug 561811) (a screenshot is posted below).
- Empathy lost its libgnomeui dependency and evince dropped its libglade one.
- gtk-doc now highlights deprecation warnings, and they are now also supported in signals and properties (GNOME bug 562655).
- glib added functions for shadowed mounts (a mount is said to be shadowed if there exists one or more user visible objects (currently GMount objects) with a root that is inside the root of mount.) and nautilus started using them.
- Behdad Esfahbod continued his vte cleaning.
- Dan Winship moved Luxembourg (city) out of Belgium (GNOME bug #562772).
- anjuta devhelp plugin got updated to devhelp/webkit (GNOME bug #560311) and got a button to access online API help (library.gnome.org)
- Federico Mena Quintero added support to use libnotify for errors displayed by gnome-settings-daemon xrandr module
- GTK+ (trunk) got a method to draw progress in a GtkEntry (GNOME bug 546285), this was prompted by Epiphany developers wondering about a progress-in-location-bar idea.