September 16, 2012
This week… 2999 commits, in 265 projects, by 306 happy hackers (and 771 were translation commits).
- Active work continued on the release-notes, with many contributions from Olav Vitters, Juanjo Marín, Andre Klapper, Matthias Clasen, and others.
- W. Michael Petullo contributed a DMAP plugin to Grilo . (GNOME bug 652516)
- In gdm Colin Walters did a major cleanup of greeter environment setup . (GNOME bug 630485)
- Paolo Bacchilega updated gthumb to install the app menu only gnome-shell is running.
- Sébastien Wilmet added SyncTeX support to latexila, using the gedit synctex plugin as a basis.
- In gnome-panel Jeremy Bicha rearranged the user menu items to match GNOME Shell 3.6 . (GNOME bug 683650)
- Jasper St. Pierre reworked the grabbing code of gnome-shell to properly handle stacking . (GNOME bug 683546)
- In Nautilus William Jon McCann added a spinner when computing the contents of folders . (GNOME bug 78789)
- Jean Bréfort added a new scattered min-max plot type to goffice . (GNOME bug 683493)
- Matthias Clasen landed a serie of refinements to the gnome-control-center network panel.
- Sergio Villar Senin updated SoupBodyInputStream from libsoup to make it seekable . (GNOME bug 665884)
June 24, 2012
This week… 1377 commits, in 160 projects, by 197 happy hackers (and 247 were translation commits).
- Christian Hergert changed gnome-desktop to draw monitor labels with rounded corners . (GNOME bug 591025)
- In gcr Stef Walter reworked how DER pasing works.
- Alexander Larsson added fast approximations of x2.4 and x(1/2.4) to speed up gamma conversion in babl . (GNOME bug 678318)
- Lionel Landwerlin added touch events support in Clutter . (GNOME bug 678278)
- In dia Hans Breuer fixed some SVG import error.
- Seif Lotfy changed Empathy to show popular contacts in the “Top Contacts” group . (GNOME bug 678083)
- Giovanni Campagna updated gnome-shell to sort wifi networks by strength . (GNOME bug 658946)
- Carlos Garcia Campos landed the WebKit2 port of Epiphany.
- Aurimas Černius added a WebDav sync addin to gnote.
- In gnome-disk-utility David Zeuthen added a settings dialog for power management and acoustic levels.
- In gnome-control-center Thomas Bechtold contributed the possibility to find connections for a specific MAC address . (GNOME bug 677899)
- Giovanni Campagna ported the clock from gnome-panel to modern GNOME technologies (gsettings, new libgweather, GDateTime ). (GNOME bug 677512)
- Paolo Bacchilega changed file-roller to be able to run as a D-Bus service as well (org.gnome.ArchiveManager1).
March 18, 2012
This week… 2882 commits, in 225 projects, by 292 happy hackers (and 824 were translation commits).
- Øyvind Kolås added an API for managing palette based formats to babl.
- Jesse van den Kieboom moved the gedit-code-assistance backends to the peas based plugin system.
- Johan Dahlin added a PyGTK compatibility layer to pygobject, that module tries quite a bit harder to maintain compatibility with PyGTK, module names, enums, flags and some API . (GNOME bug 653462)
- In gnome-themes-standard Cosimo Cecchi added the infrastructure to create the High Contrast icon theme from the symbolic icons.
- Peter Hurley contributed to gnome-panel to add a style class for orientation to menubar, this allows themeing to adjust styling for vertical panels . (GNOME bug 672070)
- Guillaume Desmottes added a new calendar button in Empathy . (GNOME bug 671981)
- In gnome-settings-daemon Bastien Nocera changed the behaviour of the logout key to call shutdown . (GNOME bug 671979)
- In gnome-terminal Christian Persch added handling of GDK_SCROLL_SMOOTH, for smooth scrolling.
- Debarshi Ray changed gnome-online-accounts to hide dialog buttons during the authorization step.
- Zeeshan Ali modified gnome-boxes wizard to only show ISO files in the file chooser . (GNOME bug 672160)
- In gnome-color-manager Richard Hughes provided a way for a program to find out if calibration is enabled . (GNOME bug 672028)
- Bertrand Lorentz implemented SSL certificate validation in Banshee . (GNOME bug 671536)
March 11, 2012
This week… 2499 commits, in 192 projects, by 263 happy hackers (and 793 were translation commits).
- Jean Bréfort added gobject introspection support to goffice . (GNOME bug 670161)
- Morten Welinder improved the Excel export support in gnumeric in various ways.
- Giovanni Campagna ported libgweather to GSettings . (GNOME bug 646854)
- In empathy Guillaume Desmottes added some sanity cleaning process to fix XMPP accounts priority . (GNOME bug 671452)
- Peter Hurley contributed to gnome-panel to get the panel separators sized by CSS styling . (GNOME bug 671329)
- Bertrand Lorentz updated banshee to handle UPnP device removal.
- The port of swell-foop to Vala that Sophia Yu worked on landed in gnome-games.
- Alejandro Piñeiro got various fixes to accessibility support commited into gnome-shell.
- Bastien Nocera updated gnome-settings-daemon wacom plugin so that the LED changes depending on the mode of operation . (GNOME bug 670905)
- In rhythmbox Jonathan Matthew made magnatune download accounts work again.
- Ryan Lortie updated dconf engine to allow multiple user databases . (GNOME bug 662438)
- The history rewrite branch of Epiphany landed, thanks to Xan Lopez, Martin Robinson, and Claudio Saavedra.
August 7, 2011
This week… 1642 commits, in 165 projects, by 217 happy hackers (and 223 were translation commits).
- Jesse van den Kieboom added pre-commit and post-commit hook execution to gitg.
- Stef Walter implemented GTlsDatabase into glib-networking, an abstract object implemented by the various TLS backends, which is used by GTlsConnection to lookup certificates and keys, as well as verify certificate chains . (GNOME bug 636572)
- Stef Walter also ported libcryptui to use GSettings.
- In Rygel Luis de Bethencourt made the AVC_MP4 and AAC_ISO_320 transcoders configurable.
- Guillaume Desmottes changed Vinagre to default to 8 bit color depth for Telepathy tubes, as those connections are often slower than local connections . (GNOME bug 655415)
- Vincent Untz ported gnome-panel to use the new gnome-menus API . (GNOME bug 649327)
- Fabien Parent contributed support for user defined assembly syntax in Nemiver.
- Richard Hughes added a backlight helper to the gnome-settings-daemon power plugin, as xbacklight isn’t always present.
- Jasper St. Pierre made looking glass recognize new extensions as they are added to gnome-shell . (GNOME bug 654770)
- The new Evolution documentation, in Mallard and written and assembled by Andre Klapper has landed.
- Shaun McCance added support for a “button” style on link, in yelp-xsl.
- Support for rich text in legends has been added to goffice by Jean Bréfort.
- Cosimo Cecchi removed the built-in hover audio previewer from Nautilus, as there is now sushi.
- Joaquim Rocha added support for exporting to PDF in ocrfeeder.
- Bastien Nocera added a plugin to rotate videos to Totem . (GNOME bug 589399)
- Morten Welinder excised usage of libgnome* and bonobo from Gnumeric.
- In evolution-data-server Philip Withnall added support for getting and setting photos on contacts from Google Contacts, including caching support . (GNOME bug 619135)
February 20, 2011
This week… 2119 commits, in 179 projects, by 231 happy hackers (and 387 were translation commits).
- Tor-björn Claesson contributed a dock extension for GNOME Shell.
- Vincent Untz started rewriting gnome-web-photo to use WebKit instead of xulrunner.
- Ignacio Casal Quinteiro added a GeditAnimatedOverlay class to gedit, this provides a widget with slide/in/out animation for the widget added on the container.
- Michal Hruby added a Zeitgeist dataprovider plugin to gedit.
- Shaun McCance merged the search & indexing branch of Yelp.
- Richard Hughes added a updates plugin in gnome-settings-daemon, to notify user of available package updates.
- D-Bus applets in GNOME Panel were fixed to work in multiscreen environments . (GNOME bug 632369)
- Bastien Nocera added a ‘Add’ button to the control center background panel.
- Guillaume Desmottes updated Empathy to set the same program class in all binaries, to make all empathy apps windows appear as the same application in GNOME Shell . (GNOME bug 642440)
- Cosimo Cecchi added a floating bar to Nautilus.
- Garrett Regier made the libpeas plugin manager show a dialog when disabling a plugin which is depended on.
- In gimp Michael Natterer added a GimpTileBackendTileManager which does nothing so far but will help GEGL migration a lot.
- Eugenia Gabrielova updated inline search in Anjuta to support replace and highlighting . (GNOME bug 638134)
- Jasper St. Pierrer added a history manager, to be used by runDialog and lookingGlass, into GNOME Shell . (GNOME bug 642237)
- Also in GNOME Shell Guillaume Desmottes ported the Telepathy bits to use telepathy-glib . (GNOME bug 620416)
February 6, 2011
This week… 2281 commits, in 185 projects, by 262 happy hackers (and 364 were translation commits).
- Felix Riemann converted postr to use libpeas as plugin system.
- Francesco Marella migrated phonemgr from libglade to GtkBuilder . (GNOME bug 590816)
- Sergey V. Udaltsov added a gkbd-keyboard-display utility to libgnomekbd, to be used by gnome-shell and gnome-control-center to display keyboard layouts.
- Jonathan Matthew ported the Python plugins of Rhythmbox to gobject introspection.
- GDM was switched by Ray Strode to use accounts service for language and session.
- Cosimo Cecchi added a notification to Nautilus, when all transfer are completed.
- Unlock buttons have been added to both datetime and printers control center panels.
- David Zeuthen landed his work implementing the new calendar menu of GNOME Shell; he showed the result in GNOME 3 Calendar . (GNOME bug 632109)
- In Meld Kai Willadsen reworked directory-level file comparison, the new version features somewhat simpler logic, progressive file reading, binary file filter handling and provides earlier exit in no-filter cases . (GNOME bug 586656)
- The port of GNOME Panel to GTK+ 3 has been merged.
- Benjamin Otte rewrote the event handling of the area selection of gnome-screenshot.
- Christian Schaller changed the UI of Transmageddon to a combobox bases setup instead of radiobuttons, this to both shrink UI and allow for support of multiple audio streams; this makes a new look for Transmageddon.