December 5, 2010
This week… 2430 commits, in 174 projects, by 220 happy hackers (and 194 were translation commits).
- Totem has been updated to hide its slider when streaming, to avoid people getting confused by the slider getting stuck in one location . (GNOME bug 549691)
- Dots (an interactive braille transcribing application) got support for Microsoft Word files.
- Robert Ancell made gnobots2 and gnomine from gnome-games work with GTK+3 and Cairo.
- Ray Strode added a new “maximized” tile to mutter, it allows the user to maximize their windows (in other words, tile with the edge panels) by dragging their window to the top edge of the monitor . (GNOME bug 630548)
- Paolo Borelli added support for gunichar to pygobject . (GNOME bug 623615)
- Francisco Rojas patched postr to throw an error if an image disappears during the upload process . (GNOME bug 537554)
- The overview relayout branch landed in GNOME Shell, as noted by Florian Müllner in a quick notice.
- Aleksander Morgado ported devhelp to the new new GApplication API.
- Evolution-data-server was changed to set CalDAV calendars read-only when the server is unreachable . (GNOME bug 530205)
- Paolo Bacchilega added a D-Bus service to file-roller to create and extract archives.
- Cosimo Cecchi ported the control center media panel to use the new GtkAppChooserButton.
- The Board got a simple mechanism to export object via HTTP.
- In gnome-session Vincent Untz moved the definition of a session from gconf to .desktop-like files.
- Nate Stedman started a new text system for ease, to provide a more featured replacement of ClutterText.
- The gtk-style-context branch of GTK+ landed, Carlos Garnacho uploaded some documentation, thmingTheming in GTK+, and Migrating from GtkStyle to GtkStyleContext.
- And thanks to the doc dev tools hackfest, demos and tutorials were commited to gnome-devel-docs, improved Mallard support landed in library-web, and the week ended with some mysterious content landing in the web-devel-2 module…