May 30, 2010
This week… 2346 commits, in 184 projects, by 266 happy hackers (and 405 were translation commits).
- Vincent Untz improved and merged Carlos Garcia Campos branch of gnome-panel that moves applets off Bonobo, to D-Bus . (GNOME bug 572131)
- Shaun McCance landed a bookmarks editor in Yelp.
- A Kupfer plugin that adds a quick access to tasks from Getting Things GNOME! has been contributed by Karol Będkowski.
- The “Default Applications” capplet has been converted to a settings panel.
- Support for devices with sector sizes of more than 512 bytes have been enabled in gparted (GNOME bug 607165)
- Adel Gadllah contributed to GNOME Shell, with a patch to make sure the app switcher would always be displayed on the primary monitor.
- XInput2 support has been merged in GTK+, enabling the use of multiple keyboards and pointer pairs . (GNOME bug 596725)
- Both GNOME Color Manager and Evince have been ported to use GDBus.
- Alexander Larsson added some initial support for dtrace and systemtap to GLib, the current set of probes is on allocation and free using g_malloc & friends, and g_slice, and gquark name tracking . (GNOME bug 606044)
- Edgar Luna added a new lyrics parser, using darklyrics.com, to Rhythmbox (GNOME bug 525094)
- Support for gobject introspection has been added to gtksourceview by Tomeu Vizoso, and to dconf by Ryan Lortie.
- Morten Welinder added a non-linear solver to Gnumeric (GNOME bug 614865)
- In their GSOC Yuvi Panda pushed the work he started to rewrite Cheese in Vala, Jamie Nicol updated the Last.fm plugin of rhythmbox to support the new authentication API, and Salomon Sickert has written the first part of a support library for his “TaskView” project.
May 23, 2010
This week… 2040 commits, in 188 projects, by 264 happy hackers (and 299 were translation commits).
- Brian M. Carlson added DocBook version 5 support to yelp-xsl.
- Totem and Transmageddon both got support for the new WebM video format.
- The Google Calendar backend in evolution-data-server has been removed, as the CalDAV backend should be enough to interact with Google.
- Carlos Garcia Campos continued working on his Bonobo-less panel changes, with a port to GDBus.
- Thomas Wood added support for “shell” and “panels” in gnome-control-center, and added an initial implementation of a date/time panel.
- Shaun McCance added nautilus-sendto support in Yelp, to be able to send the pictures in documentation.
- The password length limit for SSH connections in Vinagre has been lifted.
- Xan Lopez removed the status bar of Epiphany, replacing its only use, the display of targets, by a small overlay that only appear on hover . (GNOME bug 609713)
- Łukasz Jernaś added GObject introspection support to Emerillon.
- GEdit got full support for compressed files . (GNOME bug 413220)
- In GNOME Shell Owen Taylor added a facility for automated performance measurement (GNOME bug 618189); and Dan Winship updated the Telepathy support to show notifications of presence changes (GNOME bug 611613).
- Emmanuele Bassi added a GApplication class to GLib, and Colin Walters used it to add a GtkApplication class to GTK+.
- Lin Ma reworked Solaris file event notification in GIO.
May 16, 2010
This week… 2094 commits, in 204 projects, by 253 happy hackers (and 417 were translation commits).
- Florent Thévenet added support for user preferences to solang, using gsettings.
- libunique and gtkmm have both been ported to GTK+ 3.0.
- Fabio Bonelli removed libbonobo from Galeon, it uses D-Bus now.
- In pygi John Palmieri wrapped the GObject module, making it compatible with both the ancient pygobject attributes and new attributes exposed by introspection.
- Roberto Majadas added initial support for ConsoleKit in nanny.
- The dependency on libgnome-vfs has been removed from f-spot, it now uses GIO.
- The class inheritance graph in anjuta has been switched to use cairo, instead of straight gdk draw.
- Christian Persch ported Evince and GConf to GDBus.
- Fridrich Strba pushed an initial implementation to have evolution as default mail client and mailto handler under Windows.
- Introspection support has been added for the libnautilus-extension library.
- GEdit unique instance mechanism has been switched from bacon to DBus.
- In GNOME Shell Colin Walters implemented the initial application menu.
- Last but not least Matthias Clasen merged GDBus in glib.
May 9, 2010
This week… 2274 commits, in 184 projects, by 262 happy hackers (and 262 were translation commits).
- Guillaume Desmottes and Sjoerd Simons merged their timestamp work into Empathy’s master branch . (GNOME bug 615976)
- Nautilus saw changes in its bookmark API, including the removal of the deprecated gtnome-fs-bookmark* icon names, replaced by the folder icon, and the use of emblems.
- Aleksander Morgado has been improving unicode support of tracker using libicu based word breaking to the parser-libunistring-review branch of tracker.
- Meego improvements got merged into Banshee’s master branch.
- Robert Carr started theming support and improved shapes capabilities in Glide.
- Ekiga got support to work in 16bpp mode . (GNOME bug 611308)
- gedit port to gsettings continued, with many plugins ported already.
- Ross Burton has been working on Randr related improvements of gnome-settings-daemon for Meego. This is happening in the new randr branch of gnome-settings-daemon.
- Yelp got basic printing support, and started being ported to gdbus.
- Matthias Clasen layed ground for new work on GTK+ 3.0 as he made it parallel-installable to 2.x.
- Matthew Barnes went forward replacing CamelObject by GObject in camel, evolution, evolution-data-server, evolution-mapi and evolution-exchange.
Many thanks to Dodji Seketeli who assembled most of this issue.
May 2, 2010
This week… 2121 commits, in 206 projects, by 275 happy hackers (and 317 were translation commits).
- GLChess, from gnome-games, has been switched to use the GtkInfoBar widget . (GNOME bug 612660)
- Cosimo Cecchi added a button to restore selected files in the trash top bar in Nautilus . (GNOME bug 616304)
- Robert Carr worked hard on Glide, including some undo machinery, a new animation system, PDF export support; he blogged about this and more in Glide Update….
- Support for Tracker 0.8 has been added to Brasero . (GNOME bug 616831)
- Emerillon, the map browser using libchamplain, got bindings for the Vala language . (GNOME bug 616729)
- Dependency on libgnome has been removed from the invest applet . (GNOME bug 597842)
- Andreas Rottmann added gobject-introspection support to libsoup.
- Libchamplain build process has seen many changes, making it possible to build again without libmemphis support.
- Guido Günther added a simple PAM plugin to krb5-auth-dialog . (GNOME bug 347034)
- Dodji Seketeli made the find dialog of nemiver non-modal.
- And GNOME Color Manager has been updated to show much more details in the color picker UI, and allow the user to choose a RGB colorspace.