March 6, 2011
This week… 2130 commits, in 204 projects, by 261 happy hackers (and 542 were translation commits).
- Gabriel Burt made removing many pages in pdfmod much faster . (GNOME bug 630012)
- Paolo Bacchilega added some statistical information to the histogram view in gthumb.
- Support for gobject introspection has been added to libgtop by Maxim Ermilov.
- In goffice Jean Bréfort implemented a GSettings back for GOConf . (GNOME bug 643767)
- Together with Morten Welinder he also much improved the import of xlsx files in Gnumeric.
- Ulrik Sverdrup added a simple plugin to send microblogging updates via Gwibber from Kupfer.
- William Jon McCann added a number emblem to indicate the number of queued messages in notification daemon.
- Bastien Nocera changed gnome-settings-daemon to hard-code the default screen DPI, as it’s not possible at the moment to rely on the X server giving a decent DPI value . (GNOME bug 643704)
- In Totem Tim-Philipp Müller fixed screenshotting of interlaced videos . (GNOME bug 640993)
- On the infrastructure side, in the sysadmin-bin module Olav Vitters started rewriting and improving many of the release tools.
- Debbie Beliveau patched GNOME System Monitor to also show the CPU model on ARM . (GNOME bug 606769)
- Cosimo Cecchi made a huge pass on Adwaita to restyle the theme according to 3.0 designs.
- Transmageddon was updated by Christian Schaller so that all transcoding is now done by the encodebin engine.
- Ray Strode updated GNOME Screensaver to get the user face from the accounts service . (GNOME bug 643162)
- In GNOME Shell Guillaume Desmottes fixed the status menu to change Instant Messaging presence when needed . (GNOME bug 617207), while David Zeuthen moved the calendar handling to be out-of-process . (GNOME bug 641396)
- Lucian Langa fixed evolution-rss to work asynchronously, so it doesn’t block the Evolution process . (GNOME bug 634478)
May 30, 2010
This week… 2346 commits, in 184 projects, by 266 happy hackers (and 405 were translation commits).
- Vincent Untz improved and merged Carlos Garcia Campos branch of gnome-panel that moves applets off Bonobo, to D-Bus . (GNOME bug 572131)
- Shaun McCance landed a bookmarks editor in Yelp.
- A Kupfer plugin that adds a quick access to tasks from Getting Things GNOME! has been contributed by Karol Będkowski.
- The “Default Applications” capplet has been converted to a settings panel.
- Support for devices with sector sizes of more than 512 bytes have been enabled in gparted (GNOME bug 607165)
- Adel Gadllah contributed to GNOME Shell, with a patch to make sure the app switcher would always be displayed on the primary monitor.
- XInput2 support has been merged in GTK+, enabling the use of multiple keyboards and pointer pairs . (GNOME bug 596725)
- Both GNOME Color Manager and Evince have been ported to use GDBus.
- Alexander Larsson added some initial support for dtrace and systemtap to GLib, the current set of probes is on allocation and free using g_malloc & friends, and g_slice, and gquark name tracking . (GNOME bug 606044)
- Edgar Luna added a new lyrics parser, using darklyrics.com, to Rhythmbox (GNOME bug 525094)
- Support for gobject introspection has been added to gtksourceview by Tomeu Vizoso, and to dconf by Ryan Lortie.
- Morten Welinder added a non-linear solver to Gnumeric (GNOME bug 614865)
- In their GSOC Yuvi Panda pushed the work he started to rewrite Cheese in Vala, Jamie Nicol updated the Last.fm plugin of rhythmbox to support the new authentication API, and Salomon Sickert has written the first part of a support library for his “TaskView” project.
April 18, 2010
This week… 2112 commits, in 216 projects, by 243 happy hackers (and 431 were translation commits).
- The Hamster project got separated in client and d-bus service, and got a command line client (GNOME bug 602642).
- Behdad Esfahbod pushed a gnome-terminal branch with a find dialog to highlight search terms . (GNOME bug 78963).
- Much work happened in the asm-support branch of nemiver.
- This was the week of the gsettings hackfest, many changes landed in both glib and gconf modules, you should read the day 1 summary by Vincent Untz and overall summary by Matthias Clasen.
- During that hackfest baobab (in gnome-utils) has also been ported to gsettings, with explanative commit messages, and the devhelp branch has been updated for the API changes.
- There was also a GNOME Python hackfest and much work happened in pygobject and pygi, go read posts written by John Palmieri: day 0, day 1, day 2, and wrapup.
- Tadej Borovšak ported sound juicer to GtkBuilder, this was the last module using libglade, yeah.
- Torsten Schönfeld started adding GIO support to the Perl binding, via gobject-introspection.
- Support for application-indicators/StatusNotifierIcon has been added to the typing break applet in gnome-control-center (GNOME bug 606671)
- Evolution got a new foocanvas branch, getting rid of libgnomecanvas.
- A new SSH Hosts plugin written by Fabian Carlström has been added to kupfer.
- Joanmarie Diggs added improved support for Empathy in orca . (GNOME bug 589925)
February 7, 2010
This week… 1643 commits, in 181 projects, by 231 happy hackers (and 348 were translation commits).
- Quinten Lansu provided a patch for Eye of GNOME to make it possible to select a random image from the collection.
- Banshee dropped both his glade and libgnome (well, gnome-sharp) dependencies . (GNOME bug 589705 and GNOME bug 587320)
- David Zeuthen implemented Expansion for Linux’s MD RAID, there are even screenshots.
- Vinagre got the necessary support to specify an username for SSH connections . (GNOME bug 603736)
- Thanks to Jorge Silva a spanish keyboard layout got added to Caribou, the new onscreen keyboard (GNOME bug 608744)
- Accounts-dialog got a better password strength indicator.
- GNOME-PackageKit got support for the InstallPrinterDrivers command.
- The GVariant serialiser has been merged into glib.
- Kupfer gained the possibility to load plugins at runtime.
- In Nanny Cesar Garcia Tapia added a new dialog to update custom filters, and support for packaged filters configurations.
January 3, 2010
This week… 1259 commits, in 144 projects, by 148 happy hackers (and 191 were translation commits).
- Empathy will now display the protocol icon in a corner of the status icon of the contacts . (GNOME bug 603877)
- Kupfer got support for Triggers, Ulrik Sverdrup explains it in detail in his appropriately named Kupfer gains Triggers post.
- Debarshi Ray (who took over maintenance of gnote) added a “note of the day” addin . (GNOME bug 590589)
- Gian Mario Tagliaretti wrapped many GSocket and GResolver functions for pygobjet.
- Epiphany was fixed so that notifification of completed downloads doesn’t rely anymore on the presence of the status icon . (GNOME bug 604599)
- The mixed state of toggle buttons has been changed to be drawn half in the normal and the other half in the pressed state . (GNOME bug 502165)
- Jesse van den Kieboom improved menu integration of gedit on Mac OS X; this now uses the latest updates done on the ige-mac-integration library, with additional patches.
- Josh Tripplet added support for XTerm bracketed paste mode to VTE, this allows programs to distinguish pasted text from typed text. For example vim could automatically use paste mode for pastes, avoiding unwanted duplicate indentation or formatting . (GNOME bug 605299)
- Sebastien Granjoux added a new project backend to Anjuta, to open a directory as a project.
- Cody Russel added a GtkOffscreenWindow implementation, to make it much easier to take an arbitrary widget and render it to an offscreen buffer without having it displayed anywhere onscreen . (GNOME bug 604901)
November 8, 2009
This week… 2027 commits, in 180 projects, by 252 happy hackers (and 403 were translation commits).
- Totem got (on-disk) buffering support for downloads, Bastien Nocera blogged about it: No more stuttering.
- The gvfs webdav backend has been changed to remember cookies while it’s running.
- Carlos Garnocho made the SPARQL API of Tracker fully asynchronous.
- Postr (the GNOME Flickr Uploader) has been improved to allow direct editing of title and description, when double clicking (or pressing the Return key) on the photo . (GNOME bug 562162)
- Xavier Claessens added support for some IRC slash commands to Empathy, the currently supported commands are /clear, /topic, /join, /query and /msg . (GNOME bug 573407)
- Also in Empathy Guillaume Desmottes added the display of an error message when codec negotation fails . (GNOME bug 581789)
- The GNOME screensaver got a D-Bus method to show a message on the locked screen, to be used for notification of auto logout.
- In GNOME Shell Dan Winship started a message-tray branch, with some minimal Telepathy support, it has a notification popup for messages and avatar icons.
- Brasero got gobject introspection support for its libraries . (GNOME bug 589073)
- libsoup has been fixed to not change HEAD to GET on 303 redirect.
- A new Google Translate plugin has been added to Kupfer (the command tool inspired by Quicksilver).