March 6, 2011
This week… 2130 commits, in 204 projects, by 261 happy hackers (and 542 were translation commits).
- Gabriel Burt made removing many pages in pdfmod much faster . (GNOME bug 630012)
- Paolo Bacchilega added some statistical information to the histogram view in gthumb.
- Support for gobject introspection has been added to libgtop by Maxim Ermilov.
- In goffice Jean Bréfort implemented a GSettings back for GOConf . (GNOME bug 643767)
- Together with Morten Welinder he also much improved the import of xlsx files in Gnumeric.
- Ulrik Sverdrup added a simple plugin to send microblogging updates via Gwibber from Kupfer.
- William Jon McCann added a number emblem to indicate the number of queued messages in notification daemon.
- Bastien Nocera changed gnome-settings-daemon to hard-code the default screen DPI, as it’s not possible at the moment to rely on the X server giving a decent DPI value . (GNOME bug 643704)
- In Totem Tim-Philipp Müller fixed screenshotting of interlaced videos . (GNOME bug 640993)
- On the infrastructure side, in the sysadmin-bin module Olav Vitters started rewriting and improving many of the release tools.
- Debbie Beliveau patched GNOME System Monitor to also show the CPU model on ARM . (GNOME bug 606769)
- Cosimo Cecchi made a huge pass on Adwaita to restyle the theme according to 3.0 designs.
- Transmageddon was updated by Christian Schaller so that all transcoding is now done by the encodebin engine.
- Ray Strode updated GNOME Screensaver to get the user face from the accounts service . (GNOME bug 643162)
- In GNOME Shell Guillaume Desmottes fixed the status menu to change Instant Messaging presence when needed . (GNOME bug 617207), while David Zeuthen moved the calendar handling to be out-of-process . (GNOME bug 641396)
- Lucian Langa fixed evolution-rss to work asynchronously, so it doesn’t block the Evolution process . (GNOME bug 634478)
September 19, 2010
This week… 2375 commits, in 198 projects, by 264 happy hackers (and 599 were translation commits).
- Rupert Swarbrick added paragraph support in the parsing of .info files in Yelp.
- Florian Müllner implemented side-by-side tiling in Mutter; when dragging a window over a screen edge and dropping it there, maximize it vertically and scale it horizontally to cover the corresponding half of the current monitor; this has been enabled by default in GNOME Shell (GNOME bug 606260)
- Eog has been modified to ask the user whether to reload externally modified images . (GNOME bug 534348)
- Alexey Fisher added two optional video filters to Empathy for video chat support, for both limiting the maximal framerate of webcams, and reducing video noise . (GNOME bug 628789, GNOME bug 628786)
- Pdfmod gained zoom slider/buttons, by Gabriel Burt (GNOME bug 614378, GNOME bug 628437)
- Hans Breuer improved UML objects in Dia, allowing them all to have their line width, font, and font size changed by the user . (GNOME bug 86238)
- Image loading performances in GThumb have been optimized.
- The Evolution calendar got some new neat (and meaningful) animations, in the clutter-calendar-v2 branch.
- Giovanni Campagna added an Universal Access status indicator to GNOME Shell; it allows the user to change rapidly the keyboard and mouse behaviour (sticky keys, slow keys, bounce keys, mouse keys), as well as the enabled ATs (magnifier, screen reader, screen keyboard) and the HighContrast Gtk theme.
- The “wcf” branch of Blam has been merged, adding usage of System.ServiceModel.Syndication instead of the RSSFeed and AtomFeed libraries . (GNOME bug 550803)
- In GTK+ Havoc Pennington added margin and alignment properties to GtkWidget.
September 5, 2010
This week… 2545 commits, in 212 projects, by 256 happy hackers (and 731 were translation commits).
- Eitan Isaacson added a checkbox to use the default colour theme when highlighring keys in Caribou . (GNOME bug 622246)
- Joanmarie Diggs added support for object toolkis in Orca, this allows Orco to handle cases where multiple toolkits are used in an application . (GNOME bug 628410)
- Philip Withnall merged his port of Totem to GSettings . (GNOME bug 625896)
- Gabriel Burt pushed a first pass at Bookmarks support for pdfmod, this adds a sidebar treeview that shows the existing bookmarks, and it’s possible to edit or remove them, as well as adding new bookmarks.
- Colin Walters merged his major rewrite of girscanner, and more, in gobject-introspection.
- Support for multi-coloured text layers has been added to Gimp by Michael Natterer, on top of an initial patch by Barak Itkin . (GNOME bug 620674)
- Florian Müllner added support for the text-shadow property in GNOME Shell . (GNOME bug 624384)
- Support for the MPRIS v2 API has been added to Banshee, this will allow external applications to interact with Banshee through a standard D-Bus API . (GNOME bug 570841)
- Jonh Wendell added an instant messaging status plugin to Vinagre, that changes the status to busy when the application is switched to full screen mode.
- A backend using the Windows Registry has been added by Sam Thursfield to GSettings.
- Benjamin Otte updated the screenshot tool from gnome-utils to not draw directly to the root window anymore, updating the look of area selection along the way . (GNOME bug 628499)