June 26, 2011
This week… 1645 commits, in 151 projects, by 203 happy hackers (and 270 were translation commits).
- Tom Callaway ported Emerillon to GTK+ 3 . (GNOME bug 649403)
- Richard Hughes added methods to control the backlight on each output in libgnome-desktop, to be used by the gnome-settings-daemon power plugin.
- Jon Nordby added introspection support to gegl-gtk.
- In Caribou Eitan Isaacson converted layout files to XML and made use of XSLT to make keyboard definitions easier.
- Bastien Nocera added the Chat account type to gnome-online-accounts and implemented it in the Google backend.
- Jasper Lievisse Adriaanse contributed a patch to libgtop to make CPU load retrieval work on OpenBSD.
- Alexander Larsson had some initial work done on an edit mode for gnome-contacts.
- A prototype of integration with the GNOME Online Accounts service has been added to Evolution by Matthew Barnes.
- Claudio Saavedra replaced the custom dbus-glib activation and uniqueness code of Epiphany by the use of GtkApplication.
- In gnumeric Andreas J. Guelzow improved import/export of repeating rows from/to ODF files.
- Kevin Kofler contributed support for looking up Plasma services in GNOME PackageKit.
- Ray Strode made the gdm daemon use gnome-session session files instead of autostart.
March 6, 2011
This week… 2130 commits, in 204 projects, by 261 happy hackers (and 542 were translation commits).
- Gabriel Burt made removing many pages in pdfmod much faster . (GNOME bug 630012)
- Paolo Bacchilega added some statistical information to the histogram view in gthumb.
- Support for gobject introspection has been added to libgtop by Maxim Ermilov.
- In goffice Jean Bréfort implemented a GSettings back for GOConf . (GNOME bug 643767)
- Together with Morten Welinder he also much improved the import of xlsx files in Gnumeric.
- Ulrik Sverdrup added a simple plugin to send microblogging updates via Gwibber from Kupfer.
- William Jon McCann added a number emblem to indicate the number of queued messages in notification daemon.
- Bastien Nocera changed gnome-settings-daemon to hard-code the default screen DPI, as it’s not possible at the moment to rely on the X server giving a decent DPI value . (GNOME bug 643704)
- In Totem Tim-Philipp Müller fixed screenshotting of interlaced videos . (GNOME bug 640993)
- On the infrastructure side, in the sysadmin-bin module Olav Vitters started rewriting and improving many of the release tools.
- Debbie Beliveau patched GNOME System Monitor to also show the CPU model on ARM . (GNOME bug 606769)
- Cosimo Cecchi made a huge pass on Adwaita to restyle the theme according to 3.0 designs.
- Transmageddon was updated by Christian Schaller so that all transcoding is now done by the encodebin engine.
- Ray Strode updated GNOME Screensaver to get the user face from the accounts service . (GNOME bug 643162)
- In GNOME Shell Guillaume Desmottes fixed the status menu to change Instant Messaging presence when needed . (GNOME bug 617207), while David Zeuthen moved the calendar handling to be out-of-process . (GNOME bug 641396)
- Lucian Langa fixed evolution-rss to work asynchronously, so it doesn’t block the Evolution process . (GNOME bug 634478)