September 23, 2012
This week… 2841 commits, in 211 projects, by 260 happy hackers (and 1448 were translation commits).
- Giovanni Campagna’s port of gnome-applets to the new libgweather landed . (GNOME bug 678977)
- Øyvind Kolås updated gegl color-reduction operation to do the quantization and dithering in gamma space.
- In Gimp Michael Natterer ported the print and animation-play plugins to GEGL.
- Jens Georg added the possibility to set arbitrary HTTP headers to grilo . (GNOME bug 680436)
- In gedit-plugins Ignacio Casal Quinteiro updated the colorpicker plugin to show overlayed an colorbutton when selecting an hex color.
- In gnome-shell Rui Matos added menu items for IBus Anthy’s InputMode and TypingMode . (GNOME bug 682314)
- Paolo Bacchilega updated gthumb to save and restore the viewer sidebar state.
- Benjamin Otte landed CSS animation support into GTK+.
- Florian Müllner changed mutter to add a sad face in the force-quit dialog . (GNOME bug 684306)
- Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller ported Transmageddon to Python 3.
- Paolo Borelli made a first cut of an implementation of “Laps” support in gnome-clocks.
- Matthias Clasen fixed gnome-control-center to make Enterprise WPA work again.
April 8, 2012
This week… 1783 commits, in 181 projects, by 224 happy hackers (and 359 were translation commits).
- Martin Pitt added support for GFlags properties to pygobject . (GNOME bug 620943)
- In libsoup Dan Winship fixed some problems with cancelling an asynchronous socket connect operation.
- Bastien Nocera moved Totem application-wide menu items to a new app menu . (GNOME bug 673098)
- Philip Withnall added support for resumable uploads and updates to the Documents API in libgdata.
- In Empathy Laurent Contzen added support for local IP address and port in SIP account settings widget . (GNOME bug 669134)
- Martin Olsson changed ghex to show file offset in statusbar as 0xOFFSET instead of OFFSET.
- Neil Roberts added a mechanism for determining GPU driver details to cogl.
- Owen Taylor changed Mutter not to try to auto-maximize not-maximizable windows . (GNOME bug 673566)
- Lucian Langa fixed bootloader burning in gnoduino.
- In gnome-online-accounts Debarshi Ray added D-Bus APIs to enable/disable Mail, Calendar, Contacts, Chat, and Documents . (GNOME bug 657905)
- Damien Sandras improved the notifications of Ekiga, especially when running under GNOME Shell.
- In gnumeric Andreas J. Guelzow fixed the properties page of Document Properties dialog . (GNOME bug 673256)
- Alexander Larsson removed the GTK+ ms-windows engine as it is no longer used for the windows theme anymore.
November 13, 2011
This week… 1767 commits, in 177 projects, by 215 happy hackers (and 201 were translation commits).
- Aurimas Černius added an option for displaying the gnote status icon in its preferences dialog . (GNOME bug 663817)
- Hubert Figuière is back hacking on niepce and added support for flagging pictures, as well as importing flags from XMP files.
- Florian Müllner ported mutter preferences from gconf to GSettings . (GNOME bug 635378)
- In the udisks2 port of gnome-disk-utility David Zeuthen made a first stab at a “Create Partition” dialog.
- Nicolas Dufresne work on HW accelerated element landed in clutter-gst.
- Marc-André Lureau enabled audio support for spice machines in gnome-boxes.
- In Empathy Danielle Madeley made the GNOME Online Accounts optional again . (GNOME bug 663442)
- In yelp-xsl Shaun McCance added new about footers for both docbook and mallard documents.
- Jean Bréfort fixed the rendering of outline levels in gnumeric . (GNOME bug 663663)
- In libgda Vivien Malerba made GdaHolder thread safe, and implemented the GdaLockable interface.
- Frank Ziegler contributed configurable browser filters to Banshee.
- Michael Meeks added some initial support for V7+ websockets to the broadway GTK+ backend.
September 11, 2011
This week… 2865 commits, in 205 projects, by 275 happy hackers (and 896 were translation commits).
- Hans Breuer updated dia so that plugins can now deliver change information for the undo mechanism.
- Emmanuele Bassi made the json-glib reader perform a stricter validation of data . (GNOME bug 658632)
- Rhythmbox got a new grilo plugin, to replace the coherence and jamendo plugins, by Jonathan Matthew.
- Dieter Verfaillie made a serie of fixes for the Microsoft Windows port of gobject-introspection.
- Lapo Calamandrei pushed a set of refreshed icons for Cheese . (GNOME bug 646770)
- Christian Persch fixed librsvg to store node type separately in RsvgNode, as the previous code could lead to a (potentially exploitable) crash . (GNOME bug 658014)
- Guido Günther turned the control center panel of krb5-auth-dialog into a standalone preferences window . (GNOME bug 657292)
- Matthias Clasen changed Mutter to not show a title on its alert dialogs.
- David Zeuthen updated his udisks2 branch of gnome-disk-utility to show disk names in red if its SMART status indicates that it’s failing.
- Jean Bréfort made goffice sheet widgets scalable . (GNOME bug 605434)
- Milan Crha updated evolution-data-server to read proxy settings from GSettings . (GNOME bug 655728)
- In Nemiver Dodji Seketeli added support for multiple breakpoints . (GNOME bug 658143)
- Cosimo Cecchi implemented listening to create/delete events from the tracker DB to refresh gnome-documents view.
- GNOME Shell got new APIs to add and remove search providers, contributed by Philippe Normand . (GNOME bug 658113)
- Vincent Untz added NTP support for SUSE variants to the datetime gnome-settings-daemon plugin . (GNOME bug 654970)
- Jim Campbell refactored the web and net sections of gnome-user-docs,combining the different pages under the net section.
- In glib Ryan Lortie improved support for alternative digits (such as Arabic numerals) in date/time formatting . (GNOME bug 658107)
- Alexander Larsson added support for contact unlinking in gnome-contacts.
- Bruno Coudoin added new animals to the erase activity of gcompris; they were taken from pictures of the Antarctic trip of Adrien Grellier and Claire Gégout.
- And keeping the subject on animals, Xavier Claessens added two new (whale and babywhale) commands to Empathy.
August 14, 2011
This week… 1305 commits, in 147 projects, by 196 happy hackers (and 237 were translation commits).
- David King disabled Ctrl-Alt-Del action in the view-only mode of Vinagre . (GNOME bug 656451)
- Vincent Untz added support for XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP, to be used by non-GNOME consumers of GNOME . (GNOME bug 654041)
- Eitan Isaacson merged the support GTK+ modules into Caribou . (GNOME bug 655047)
- In GNOME Disk Utility David Zeuthen added an UI for editing /etc/fstab entries.
- Lubosz Sarnecki contribued viewer transformation support into Pitivi.
- GHex has been ported to use GSettings by Kalev Lember.
- Jakub Steiner and Cosimo Cecchi made various refinements to the Adwaita theme.
- In pygobject Laszlo Pandy added support for calling functions with keyword arguments in invoke . (GNOME bug 625596)
- Dan Winship changed libsoup to default to TLS for https connections, and fall back to SSLv3 on failure . (GNOME bug 581342)
- Luca Bruno switched vala support for libgdata to use introspection data . (GNOME bug 655192)
- In goffice Jean Bréfort added support for smoothed curve renaming . (GNOME bug 656148)
- Jasper St. Pierre added invisible borders to Mutter, paving the way for easier grab on thin window borders . (GNOME bug 644930)
- Philip Withnall ported the MPRIS support of Totem to version 2.1.
- In folks Travis Reitter added support for vCard-like parameters to a serie of attributes.
- Murray Cumming made various improvements to the Print Layout support of glom.
July 17, 2011
This week… 2446 commits, in 159 projects, by 280 happy hackers (and 451 were translation commits).
- Raluca Elena Podiuc made the effect previews of Cheese scale with the window.
- Pedro Castro updated gnome-subtitles to show the character count in the margin . (GNOME bug 625485)
- A new extension for the shell has been contributed by Erick Pérez Castellanos, workspace-indicator shows a menu in the status area that indicates current workspace and allows for quick switching, similar to the workspace-indicator applet in GNOME 2.
- Raul Gutierrez Segales added an evolution-data-server backend to folks . (GNOME bug 638281)
- Support for libgdata 0.9 has been added to the postasa eog plugin by Felix Riemann . (GNOME bug 654302)
- Jakub Steiner improved the appearance of menu and window default shadows . (GNOME bug 649374)
- Enrico Minack introduced index value expansion and tree organization of quotes in the invest applet.
- Andreas J. Guelzow improved the conditional formatting dialog of Gnumeric.
- Matthias Clasen added new g_unichar_compose() and g_unichar_decompose() functions to glib . (GNOME bug 654195)
- Cosimo Cecchi turned the automout plugin of gnome-settings-daemon into a separate binary . (GNOME bug 653521)
- Stef Walter updated gcr to display the first photo uid as icon for GnuPG keys . (GNOME bug 650433)
July 10, 2011
This week… 2403 commits, in 164 projects, by 215 happy hackers (and 278 were translation commits).
- For Giggle Sebastien Ponce implemented different ways to look at diffs: by hunks, by file or all at once.
- Toms Baugis made the first steps towards a gnome shell extension for Hamster.
- Stef Walter updated gnome-keyring to use p11-kit for module loading, messages, and URI parsing.
- Florian Müllner made it possible for a Mutter theme to use custom colors from the GTK+ theme.
- GNOME Shell was changed by Guillaume Desmottes to the number of unread messages in the notification icons.
- In Empathy Emilio Pozuelo Monfort flipped the video preview horizontally to match what is being done in other applications . (GNOME bug 639353)
- Richard Hughes moved power management functionalities into a new gnome-settings-daemon plugin.
- Øyvind Kolås added a performance tracking framework to Clutter.
- Rodrigo Moya added a System tab to the region system settings panel.
- Andreas J. Guelzow added an interface for conditional background formatting of Gnumeric cells.
- David Zeuthen added support for DeviceAutomountHint in gnome-disk-utility . (GNOME bug 653184)