September 11, 2011
This week… 2865 commits, in 205 projects, by 275 happy hackers (and 896 were translation commits).
- Hans Breuer updated dia so that plugins can now deliver change information for the undo mechanism.
- Emmanuele Bassi made the json-glib reader perform a stricter validation of data . (GNOME bug 658632)
- Rhythmbox got a new grilo plugin, to replace the coherence and jamendo plugins, by Jonathan Matthew.
- Dieter Verfaillie made a serie of fixes for the Microsoft Windows port of gobject-introspection.
- Lapo Calamandrei pushed a set of refreshed icons for Cheese . (GNOME bug 646770)
- Christian Persch fixed librsvg to store node type separately in RsvgNode, as the previous code could lead to a (potentially exploitable) crash . (GNOME bug 658014)
- Guido Günther turned the control center panel of krb5-auth-dialog into a standalone preferences window . (GNOME bug 657292)
- Matthias Clasen changed Mutter to not show a title on its alert dialogs.
- David Zeuthen updated his udisks2 branch of gnome-disk-utility to show disk names in red if its SMART status indicates that it’s failing.
- Jean Bréfort made goffice sheet widgets scalable . (GNOME bug 605434)
- Milan Crha updated evolution-data-server to read proxy settings from GSettings . (GNOME bug 655728)
- In Nemiver Dodji Seketeli added support for multiple breakpoints . (GNOME bug 658143)
- Cosimo Cecchi implemented listening to create/delete events from the tracker DB to refresh gnome-documents view.
- GNOME Shell got new APIs to add and remove search providers, contributed by Philippe Normand . (GNOME bug 658113)
- Vincent Untz added NTP support for SUSE variants to the datetime gnome-settings-daemon plugin . (GNOME bug 654970)
- Jim Campbell refactored the web and net sections of gnome-user-docs,combining the different pages under the net section.
- In glib Ryan Lortie improved support for alternative digits (such as Arabic numerals) in date/time formatting . (GNOME bug 658107)
- Alexander Larsson added support for contact unlinking in gnome-contacts.
- Bruno Coudoin added new animals to the erase activity of gcompris; they were taken from pictures of the Antarctic trip of Adrien Grellier and Claire Gégout.
- And keeping the subject on animals, Xavier Claessens added two new (whale and babywhale) commands to Empathy.
January 30, 2011
This week… 2386 commits, in 214 projects, by 225 happy hackers (and 474 were translation commits).
- The translation support for the future gnome.org, by Lincoln de Sousa and Vinicius Depizzol, have been merged.
- Chris Kühl started working on a GTK+ 3 port for gnome-system-monitor.
- Guido Günther added a control center panel into krb5-auth-dialog.
- Support for temperature conversion has been added to gcalctool by Robert Ancell.
- Jonny Lamb started backporting fixes and features of Empathy in a new 2.34 branch.
- Peter Bloomfield worked on migrating Balsa from GConf to GSettings.
- Detection of a stalemate position has been added to glchess.
- Bastien Nocera added handling of new multimedia keys (FastForward, Rewind, Repeat, and Shuffle) to Totem . (GNOME bug 634184)
- Carlos Garcia Campos added support for external links into Evince . (GNOME bug 628711)
- James Liggett implemented the Aply Mailbox Files pane in the git plugin of Anjuta.
- Jens Georg made item creation asynchronous in the mediathek plugin of Rygel . (GNOME bug 638269)
- Marek Kasik added a new plugin for print notifications in gnome-settings-daemon.
- Ray Strode changed gnome-session to use the shell for presenting the logout and shutdown dialogs . (GNOME bug 637188)
- Owen Taylor started pushing his work on the new “Thumbnails” workspace management of GNOME Shell.
May 2, 2010
This week… 2121 commits, in 206 projects, by 275 happy hackers (and 317 were translation commits).
- GLChess, from gnome-games, has been switched to use the GtkInfoBar widget . (GNOME bug 612660)
- Cosimo Cecchi added a button to restore selected files in the trash top bar in Nautilus . (GNOME bug 616304)
- Robert Carr worked hard on Glide, including some undo machinery, a new animation system, PDF export support; he blogged about this and more in Glide Update….
- Support for Tracker 0.8 has been added to Brasero . (GNOME bug 616831)
- Emerillon, the map browser using libchamplain, got bindings for the Vala language . (GNOME bug 616729)
- Dependency on libgnome has been removed from the invest applet . (GNOME bug 597842)
- Andreas Rottmann added gobject-introspection support to libsoup.
- Libchamplain build process has seen many changes, making it possible to build again without libmemphis support.
- Guido Günther added a simple PAM plugin to krb5-auth-dialog . (GNOME bug 347034)
- Dodji Seketeli made the find dialog of nemiver non-modal.
- And GNOME Color Manager has been updated to show much more details in the color picker UI, and allow the user to choose a RGB colorspace.
May 24, 2009
This week… 2349 commits, in 189 projects, by 255 happy hackers (and 298 were translation commits).
- John Carr published his syncml branch of conduit, adding SyncML support for contacts and calendar items.
- Gnumeric got support for more styles in its ODF export (cell, paragraph and text styles).
- Niepce Digital got an initial UI shell and basic gphoto support.
- krb5-auth-dialog added a gconf key to disable its notifications.
- f-spot date range dialog got ported from libglade to gtkbuilder; rhythmbox also replaced libglade by gtkbuilder.
- The graph component in goffice gained support for formatted editing of graph limits that are dates and times . (GNOME bug 574681)
- Evolution search bar got improved, to more closely resemble Firefox . (GNOME bug 580925)
- Rhythmbox status icon has been made into a plugin, with additional capabilities, some aspects of the status icon and the notification popups are now a bit more configurable.
- Willie Walker continued his numerous improvements to the speech generator in Orca, porting Pidgin, Gecko and Thunderbird to the new generator.
- In gnome-utils gsearchtool got rid of its libgnomeui usage . (GNOME bug 573670)
- Brasero gained the possibility to span data across several media . (GNOME bug 438858)