January 30, 2011
This week… 2386 commits, in 214 projects, by 225 happy hackers (and 474 were translation commits).
- The translation support for the future gnome.org, by Lincoln de Sousa and Vinicius Depizzol, have been merged.
- Chris Kühl started working on a GTK+ 3 port for gnome-system-monitor.
- Guido Günther added a control center panel into krb5-auth-dialog.
- Support for temperature conversion has been added to gcalctool by Robert Ancell.
- Jonny Lamb started backporting fixes and features of Empathy in a new 2.34 branch.
- Peter Bloomfield worked on migrating Balsa from GConf to GSettings.
- Detection of a stalemate position has been added to glchess.
- Bastien Nocera added handling of new multimedia keys (FastForward, Rewind, Repeat, and Shuffle) to Totem . (GNOME bug 634184)
- Carlos Garcia Campos added support for external links into Evince . (GNOME bug 628711)
- James Liggett implemented the Aply Mailbox Files pane in the git plugin of Anjuta.
- Jens Georg made item creation asynchronous in the mediathek plugin of Rygel . (GNOME bug 638269)
- Marek Kasik added a new plugin for print notifications in gnome-settings-daemon.
- Ray Strode changed gnome-session to use the shell for presenting the logout and shutdown dialogs . (GNOME bug 637188)
- Owen Taylor started pushing his work on the new “Thumbnails” workspace management of GNOME Shell.
October 18, 2009
This week… 2078 commits, in 184 projects, by 233 happy hackers (and 438 were translation commits).
- The new GtkFileSystemModel worked by Benjamin Otte and Federico Mena Quintero has been pushed to GTK+.
- Also in GTK+, a new GtkSpinner widget has been commited . (GNOME bug 319607)
- libsoup was changed to allow multiple pending connections to a server at once, as only allowing a single connection attempt at once really slows down pages with lots of subresources on servers that disallow persistent connections . (GNOME bug 594768)
- gdm has been converted from using gnome-power-manager to DeviceKit-power . (GNOME bug 596569)
- Jason Clinton pushed the Clutter rewrite of the Nibbles game, done by Guillaume Beland during his summer of code.
- Vinagre has been updated to keep the aspect ratio when using scaling mode . (GNOME bug 593192)
- Jason Childs added support for transparent objects in dia, by adding alpha to the Color structure . (GNOME bug 591525)
- Devhelp has been modified to look for an existing local copy of documents referred by their library.gnome.org location . (GNOME bug 598598)
- xml2po has been fixed to work with parallel builds . (GNOME bug 593175)
- Balsa, Gimp and goffice were all ported to compile fine with GSEAL enabled.
April 26, 2009
This week… 2205 commits, in 220 projects, by 230 happy hackers (and 267 were translation commits).
- Still in the aftermath of the Git migration, 189 commits were about DOAP files and JHBuild got his Git support quite improved.
- Empathy now displays the transfer speed in its file transfer dialog . (GNOME bug 580097)
- Meld has added support for SVK . (GNOME bug 416418)
- Epiphany was fixed to use GNOME settings for the default font sizes, instead of the WebKitGTK+ defaults.
- The libgnomeui dependency was removed from both the GStreamer Properties and the Media Profiles in gnome-media.
- Peter Bloomfield ported the Balsa mail client to use GMime 2.4.
- In evolution-data-server, Rob Branford ported libedata and libebook to D-Bus in the D-Bus branch, and Philip Withnall converted the Google calendar backend to use the external libgdata in the libgdata-port branch.
- David Zeuthen commited his GDBus work in a new gdbus branch of glib; and Dan Winship merged his GResolver (a glib-ish interface to DNS) branch into glib (and blogged about it ). (GNOME bug 548466)
- Nautilus now use g_timeout_add_seconds instead of g_timeout_add where appropriate (GNOME bug 574033); also Deprecated GTK+ symbols were removed . (GNOME bug 565038)
- Shaun McCance pushed his Mallard branch to the gnome-doc-utils repository.
- GNote, the Tomboy Gtkmm clone, got support for Add-ins . (GNOME bug 578980)