July 11, 2010
This week… 1620 commits, in 162 projects, by 206 happy hackers (and 232 were translation commits).
- Yuvaraj Pandian T enhanced the speed of swtiching to the effects brower in his Cheese three-point-oh branch.
- Shaun McCance added a (roughly) topological page sort for Mallard documents.
- Evince, GNOME Shell, Brasero and Empathy all have been switched to GTK+ 3.
- Jakub Steiner commited new symbolic icons, forcopy, cut, paste and more.
- Support for non-GObject fundamental objects has been added to gobject-introspection; it is mostly interesting for being able to support GstMiniObject’s which are extensivly used in GStreamer.
- Peter Bloomfield has added support for older IMAP servers, that do not advertise the “RIGHTS=” capability, to Balsa.
- Robert Ancell added support for enumerations in dconf-editor.
- Johan Dahlin pushed a llvm branch into pygobject, he explains the purpose on his website, in Using LLVM to speed up function invocation in a dynamic language binding post.
- A backend for tasks has been pushed into evolution-couchdb.
- Enrico Minack added currency support to the Invest applet . (GNOME bug 339127, GNOME bug 609547).
- The feature_backup2 branch of glom got created, which adds support for making backups, and restore, of glom databases.
- Aaron Bockover added handling of Amazon MP3 store music previews and samples to Banshee.
- The ability to sort by image/video dimensions has been added into gthumb.
- Last, the summers of code are still making improvements, for example Luca Invernizzi started working on both a remember the milk and a couchdb plugins for Getting Things GNOME, and Michal Hruby spent time improving Sezen, etc.