October 16, 2011
This week… 1750 commits, in 199 projects, by 228 happy hackers (and 252 were translation commits).
- Alexander Larsson pushed his Glick2 code (announce).
- Jakub Steiner added -rtl variants of directional icons, to both gnome-icon-theme and gnome-icon-theme-symbolic.
- He also added and fixed hints on various characters of the cantarell fonts.
- In gnome-panel Vincent Untz added support for instance configuration of objects in default layout, it’s now possible to change some settings of the objects in the default layout, for example adding a new launcher.
- Torsten Schönfeld added support for callbacks in perl-Glib-Object-Introspection.
- In gnome-color-manager Richard Hughes speeded up the profile viewer loading when scanning a large number of profiles.
- Marc-André Lureau added password support for machines in gnome-boxes.
- In folks telepathy backend Travis Reitter added support for more fields, birthdays, url details, and email details.
- Cosimo Cecchi changed gnome-documents to register previewed documents into GtkRecentManager . (GNOME bug 661339)
- Jason Crain contributed support for bidirectional, sideways, and italic text into libgxps.
- Jon Nordby implemented configurable autoscaling in GeglGtkView.
- In evolution-data-server Matthew Barnes pushed a new authentication API for libcamel.
- In glib Ryan Lortie switched GCond to use monotonic time for timed waits.
September 25, 2011
This week… 3245 commits, in 236 projects, by 313 happy hackers (and 1194 were translation commits).
- With the 3.2 release approaching, this is the high peak of contribution by all translators; hat tip to them.
- In gegl-gtk, Jon Nordby added some public API to create and manage GeglGtkView objects.
- Bastien Nocera added the required bits for gnome-desktop to get vendor names from PNP IDs . (GNOME bug 659358)
- Cosimo Cecchi added proper theming to radio and check menu items.
- Emmanuele Bassi implemented a password hint in ClutterText widgets, to give them the ability to show the last input character. This feature allows easier password entry on platforms with unreliable keyboards, such as touchscreens or small devices . (GNOME bug 652588)
- Lapo Calamandrei added symbolic icons for input-touchpad, touchpad-disabled and keyboard-brightness.
- Eugen Dedu added a summary page at the end of ekiga configuration assistant.
- Jasper St. Pierre made sweettooth error reporting part into its own django application.
- Audrey Mandet added a waves operator, ported from the legagy gimp plugin, to gegl.
- In libgda Vivien Malerba made an initial implementation of a GdaDataPivot implementation.
- Baptiste Mille-Mathias fixed gnome-online-accounts to take proxy settings into account . (GNOME bug 658444)
- Stef Walter changed seahorse-sharing so that it reconnects to avahi if it restarts.
- A setting for defining a login screen logo has been added to gdm by Ray Strode.
- Bastien Nocera added a “stand-by” page to the wacom control center panel, to be used when no tablet is available . (GNOME bug 657424)
- Mike Gorse fixed accessibility of Nautilus icon canvas widget . (GNOME bug 650897)
May 15, 2011
This week… 1676 commits, in 176 projects, by 204 happy hackers (and 331 were translation commits).
- In gobject-introspection David Zeuthen added support for the (skip) annotation on parameters and return values . (GNOME bug 649657)
- Alan Lawrence added more Mandarin alphabets to dasher.
- John Stowers and Loïc Faure-Lacroix added support for installation and management of shell extensions to gnome-tweak-tool.
- Maxim Ermilov added a new “system monitor” extension to gnome-shell-extensions . (GNOME bug 634080)
- Stefan Kost finally removed the generation of old devhelp files from gtk-doc.
- In gnome icon theme symbolic Jakub Steiner added a two state star status icon for marking favourite objects.
- Cosimo Cecchi updated sushi to load pixbufs asynchronously, just like the evince plugin does with PDF.
- And in Nautilus he hooked the previewer to the list and icon views.
- The Contacts application has been imported in Git, in the gnome-contacts module.
- Stefan Walter added some images for gcr widgets to the documentation of gnome-keyring.
- Bastien Nocera added some simple caching to geocode-glib.
- Andreas J. Guelzow restored the Gnumeric print range functionality . (GNOME bug 649714)
- Jasper St. Pierre added a selected-text-color property to clutter-text.
- Christian Kellner fixed the way URLs were encoded in the gvfs webdav backend.
- In gnome-games the fullscreen mode of glchess was fixed by Robert Ancell.
- Matthias Clasen added an initial migration chapter for GtkGrid to the GTK+ reference documentation.
July 11, 2010
This week… 1620 commits, in 162 projects, by 206 happy hackers (and 232 were translation commits).
- Yuvaraj Pandian T enhanced the speed of swtiching to the effects brower in his Cheese three-point-oh branch.
- Shaun McCance added a (roughly) topological page sort for Mallard documents.
- Evince, GNOME Shell, Brasero and Empathy all have been switched to GTK+ 3.
- Jakub Steiner commited new symbolic icons, forcopy, cut, paste and more.
- Support for non-GObject fundamental objects has been added to gobject-introspection; it is mostly interesting for being able to support GstMiniObject’s which are extensivly used in GStreamer.
- Peter Bloomfield has added support for older IMAP servers, that do not advertise the “RIGHTS=” capability, to Balsa.
- Robert Ancell added support for enumerations in dconf-editor.
- Johan Dahlin pushed a llvm branch into pygobject, he explains the purpose on his website, in Using LLVM to speed up function invocation in a dynamic language binding post.
- A backend for tasks has been pushed into evolution-couchdb.
- Enrico Minack added currency support to the Invest applet . (GNOME bug 339127, GNOME bug 609547).
- The feature_backup2 branch of glom got created, which adds support for making backups, and restore, of glom databases.
- Aaron Bockover added handling of Amazon MP3 store music previews and samples to Banshee.
- The ability to sort by image/video dimensions has been added into gthumb.
- Last, the summers of code are still making improvements, for example Luca Invernizzi started working on both a remember the milk and a couchdb plugins for Getting Things GNOME, and Michal Hruby spent time improving Sezen, etc.