September 23, 2012
This week… 2841 commits, in 211 projects, by 260 happy hackers (and 1448 were translation commits).
- Giovanni Campagna’s port of gnome-applets to the new libgweather landed . (GNOME bug 678977)
- Øyvind Kolås updated gegl color-reduction operation to do the quantization and dithering in gamma space.
- In Gimp Michael Natterer ported the print and animation-play plugins to GEGL.
- Jens Georg added the possibility to set arbitrary HTTP headers to grilo . (GNOME bug 680436)
- In gedit-plugins Ignacio Casal Quinteiro updated the colorpicker plugin to show overlayed an colorbutton when selecting an hex color.
- In gnome-shell Rui Matos added menu items for IBus Anthy’s InputMode and TypingMode . (GNOME bug 682314)
- Paolo Bacchilega updated gthumb to save and restore the viewer sidebar state.
- Benjamin Otte landed CSS animation support into GTK+.
- Florian Müllner changed mutter to add a sad face in the force-quit dialog . (GNOME bug 684306)
- Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller ported Transmageddon to Python 3.
- Paolo Borelli made a first cut of an implementation of “Laps” support in gnome-clocks.
- Matthias Clasen fixed gnome-control-center to make Enterprise WPA work again.
September 2, 2012
This week… 2224 commits, in 227 projects, by 213 happy hackers (and 608 were translation commits).
- Lucian Langa added parser and formatter modules to handle feed articles in evolution-rss.
- Mike Fleetwood contributed LVM2 Physical Volumes read and write support to gparted . (GNOME bug 670171)
- Florian Müllner added an application menu to sound juicer . (GNOME bug 675245)
- In gnome-documents Cosimo Cecchi added a notification while tracker is indexing the file system . (GNOME bug 670995)
- Erick Pérez Castellanos reworked the toolbar of gnome-calendar to match the mockups.
- In gnome-clocks Paolo Borelli added stop and snooze buttons when an alarm is ringing.
- The port of GIMP filters to gegl operations, done as a Google Summer of Code project by Maxime Nicco and Hans Lo, has landed.
- Milan Crha fixed evolution-data-server to correctly use cached contacts first . (GNOME bug 682706)
- Philip Withnall added support for lazy initialisation of properties into folks.
- Pascal de Bruijn contributed support for the Arduino wifi shield to gnoduino.
- In clutter Emanuele Aina added support for panning in scrollable actors . (GNOME bug 681648)
- Sebastian Geiger improved the ‘print to file’ options in the print dialog of GTK +. (GNOME bug 682129)
- Paolo Bacchilega added the ability to load WebP images in gthumb.
- In gnome-shell Giovanni Campagna added a new lock screen menu to combine volume network and power . (GNOME bug 682540)
- Rui Matos updated gnome-settings-daemon to not use IBus when running in fallback mode . (GNOME bug 679819)
- Claudio Saavedra ‘in-tab-overview’ branch of Epiphany has landed, it implements a replacement for the default page that shows a grid with the most visited pages.
August 12, 2012
This week… 2287 commits, in 213 projects, by 225 happy hackers (and 508 were translation commits).
- Tim-Philipp Müller ported sushi to GStreamer 1.0 . (GNOME bug 680425)
- Ryan Lortie enabled i18n support for dconf-editor . (GNOME bug 642217)
- Marc-André Lureau added a search bar to gnome-boxes, it will search as you type and filter the boxes . (GNOME bug 681089)
- Giovanni Campagna updated the gnome-shell screen shield to tween from the top when explicitly locking . (GNOME bug 681143)
- Fabiana Simões reviewed and updated eog user documentation, also added pages for the picasa and fullscreen background plugins.
- William Jon McCann updated nautilus to select the first item in search results by default.
- Marek Kašík ported gnome-search-tool to GSettings . (GNOME bug 632429)
- More work on AFP support in gvfs has been pushed by Carl-Anton Ingmarsson, it now has a worker thread in GVfsAfpConnection and log out from the server on umount.
- Lennart Poettering changed gdm to always run on VT1 (while adding a –with-initial-vt=… configure switch for other values ). (GNOME bug 511168)
- Aurimas Černius migrated gnote to depend on libsecret instead of libgnome-keyring.
- Paolo Bacchilega merged a new ‘Add Files’ dialog to file-roller, that allows the user to select both files and folders.
- Ville Sokk did some small optimisation the the file backends of gegl.
- Carlos Garcia Campos updated epiphany to show information about the SSL errors when clicking on lock icon . (GNOME bug 681506)
- In gnome-control-center Matthias Clasen updated the hotspot dialog from the network panel to match the mockups more closely.
- Christian Persch ported evince to GApplication and GtkApplication, and used the later to inhibit the screensaver.
August 5, 2012
This week… 1689 commits, in 166 projects, by 220 happy hackers (and 350 were translation commits).
- Paolo Bacchilega added an application menu to gthumb.
- Milan Crha updated evolution-ews to be able to read/write folder permissions.
- In gnome-clocks Eslam Mostafa commited a new design for the alarms dialog.
- Carlos Garcia Campos continued porting Epiphany to webkit2, this week the inspector and the disk cache.
- Matthias Clasen deprecated thread functions in gdk . (GNOME bug 680754)
- Lucian Langa initiated the gsettings migration of evolution-rss.
- In gnome-disk-utility David Zeuthen made the Create/Restore Disk Image dialogs non-modal.
- William Jon McCann added a way to rank search results in Nautilus, it gives each search hit a relevance score computed from the sum of proximity, recent, and text match bonuses . (GNOME bug 680163)
- Matthew Barnes added D-Bus interfaces to evolution-data-server for remote resource management.
- Jasper St. Pierre integrated gnome-initial-setup into gdm . (GNOME bug 678057)
- Ville Sokk added both a memory mapped file backend and a threaded memory map file backend to gegl.
- Richard Hughes changed the gnome-control-center to show hotspot details in a new sub-frame.
- Florian Müllner updated gnome-shell login screen user list to indicate whether users are logged in . (GNOME bug 658185)
- Morten Welinder improved inter-workbook calculations in Gnumeric.
March 25, 2012
This week… 2834 commits, in 290 projects, by 299 happy hackers (and 1050 were translation commits).
- As 3.4 draw nears much work has been going in the release notes, both from writers and translators.
- Philip Withnall modified Hitori to use two passes to draw the cells, this ensures that the borders of the painted cells are always drawn on top of the borders of the unpainted cells.
- In meld Nguyễn Hồng Quân fixed the overly-tall commit dialogs by making the list of files scrollable.
- Paolo Bacchilega added a scale on the map view of gthumb.
- In gnome-session Jasper St. Pierre removed the toggle switches for extensions from the fail whale screen . (GNOME bug 671693)
- Victor Oliveira added OpenCL headers, and much code, to gegl.
- Curtis Gedak fixed gparted to ensure the necessary space for EBR when resizing Extended partition . (GNOME bug 664050)
- Felix Riemann reverted the “Do not show the titlebar when eog is maximized” change that was made to eog, as it caused accidental triggers of gnome-shell’s activities menu . (GNOME bug 671643)
- In network-manager-applet Dan Williams added code to track GNOME Shell version, not just whether it’s running.
- Ignacio Casal Quinteiro modified gtranslator to use an inline toolbar for the profiles settings in the preferences dialog.
- Debarshi Ray fixed gnome-online-accounts to remove the credentials from the keyring when an account is removed . (GNOME bug 654168)
- In gnumeric Andreas J. Guelzow improved import/export of ODF documents. (part of GNOME bug 671461)
- Emmanuele Bassi added support for touch events to Clutter, for the time being, it just relays everything it gets, from the X server to the Clutter application.
December 26, 2010
This week… 2262 commits, in 216 projects, by 210 happy hackers (and 436 were translation commits).
- Much work happened in GTK+ to make it possible to have multiple backends in parallel.
- The charmap plugin in gedit-plugins has been rewritten in Python by Ignacio Casal Quinteiro.
- Sergey V. Udaltsov added introspection support for libgnomekbd.
- Aleksander Morgado contributed a lot of improvements to Devhelp, including the possibility for a language-based search . (GNOME bug 353108)
- The new mallard documentation of Evince has been merged.
- Tony Young added the possiblity for the user to export data from Snowy to JSON or a tarfile of .note files . (GNOME bug 629590)
- Rupert Swarbrick started rewriting manpage support in Yelp to use man -Z and parsing.
- Alejandro Leiva merged the profiles and new settings manager in Orca.
- Øyvind Kolås increased the maximum number of threads used by Gegl from 8 to 16.