October 14, 2012
This week… 1540 commits, in 234 projects, by 207 happy hackers (and 365 were translation commits).
- Alexander Larsson imported the gvfs-test test frameworks from Martin Pitt into the gvfs source tree.
- In gxml Richard Schwarting added examples in C, Vala, JS, and Python on how to create and save documents.
- Erick Pérez Castellanos added a new widget to handle 24-hour format time in gnome-calendar.
- Richard Hughes changed gnome-color-manager to have a ‘Show details’ button for already-installed profiles.
- In folks Jeremy Whiting contributed a new Ofono backend to read contacts from SIM cards.
- Ondrej Holy added trackball detection to gnome-settings-daemon . (GNOME bug 685941)
- Paolo Bacchilega fixed the creation of hard links in file-roller . (GNOME bug 686061)
- In glib, Dan Winship landed GTask, this is a replacement for GSimpleAsyncResult and GIOScheduler, that also allows for making cancellable wrappers around non-cancellable functions . (GNOME bug 661767)
- Morten Welinder fixed the performance of gnumeric when writing a xslx file.
- Aurimas Černius added an application menu to gnote.
- Daniel Stone ported clutter to the new Wayland and xkbcommon APIs.
- Jasper St. Pierre included a new code style/hacking guide into gnome-shell . (GNOME bug 661241)
- Xan Lopez removed support for extensions in Epiphany, see bug report for rationale . (GNOME bug 685630)
- David Zeuthen started reworking the “Create RAID Array” dialog of gnome-disk-utility.
October 7, 2012
This week… 2038 commits, in 182 projects, by 223 happy hackers (and 317 were translation commits).
- Xan Lopez imported the adblock extension into epiphany source tree . (GNOME bug 681657)
- Germán Poó Caamaño ported postr to GTK+ 3.
- In yelp-xsl Shaun McCance started experimenting with DITA support.
- Felix Riemann updated eog to use GtkApplication to inhibit the screensaver during slideshows . (GNOME bug 684581)
- In file-roller Paolo Bacchilega fixed the creation of encrypted and multi-volume archives.
- Cosimo Cecchi added support for keyboard item activation in libgd.
- Stefano Facchini ported gnome-system-monitor to have an Application menu.
- Jens Georg updated rygel to the new GUPnP vapi.
- Rui Matos changed gnome-settings-daemon to convert old libgnomekbd and IBus settings . (GNOME bug 685458)
- In GTK+ Alexander Larsson updated the broadway backend to use binary websockets if available.
- Aurimas Černius changed gnote to make it possible to have several search windows.
- Christian Persch ported evince to GtkApplication, and added an Application menu.
August 12, 2012
This week… 2287 commits, in 213 projects, by 225 happy hackers (and 508 were translation commits).
- Tim-Philipp Müller ported sushi to GStreamer 1.0 . (GNOME bug 680425)
- Ryan Lortie enabled i18n support for dconf-editor . (GNOME bug 642217)
- Marc-André Lureau added a search bar to gnome-boxes, it will search as you type and filter the boxes . (GNOME bug 681089)
- Giovanni Campagna updated the gnome-shell screen shield to tween from the top when explicitly locking . (GNOME bug 681143)
- Fabiana Simões reviewed and updated eog user documentation, also added pages for the picasa and fullscreen background plugins.
- William Jon McCann updated nautilus to select the first item in search results by default.
- Marek Kašík ported gnome-search-tool to GSettings . (GNOME bug 632429)
- More work on AFP support in gvfs has been pushed by Carl-Anton Ingmarsson, it now has a worker thread in GVfsAfpConnection and log out from the server on umount.
- Lennart Poettering changed gdm to always run on VT1 (while adding a –with-initial-vt=… configure switch for other values ). (GNOME bug 511168)
- Aurimas Černius migrated gnote to depend on libsecret instead of libgnome-keyring.
- Paolo Bacchilega merged a new ‘Add Files’ dialog to file-roller, that allows the user to select both files and folders.
- Ville Sokk did some small optimisation the the file backends of gegl.
- Carlos Garcia Campos updated epiphany to show information about the SSL errors when clicking on lock icon . (GNOME bug 681506)
- In gnome-control-center Matthias Clasen updated the hotspot dialog from the network panel to match the mockups more closely.
- Christian Persch ported evince to GApplication and GtkApplication, and used the later to inhibit the screensaver.
June 24, 2012
This week… 1377 commits, in 160 projects, by 197 happy hackers (and 247 were translation commits).
- Christian Hergert changed gnome-desktop to draw monitor labels with rounded corners . (GNOME bug 591025)
- In gcr Stef Walter reworked how DER pasing works.
- Alexander Larsson added fast approximations of x2.4 and x(1/2.4) to speed up gamma conversion in babl . (GNOME bug 678318)
- Lionel Landwerlin added touch events support in Clutter . (GNOME bug 678278)
- In dia Hans Breuer fixed some SVG import error.
- Seif Lotfy changed Empathy to show popular contacts in the “Top Contacts” group . (GNOME bug 678083)
- Giovanni Campagna updated gnome-shell to sort wifi networks by strength . (GNOME bug 658946)
- Carlos Garcia Campos landed the WebKit2 port of Epiphany.
- Aurimas Černius added a WebDav sync addin to gnote.
- In gnome-disk-utility David Zeuthen added a settings dialog for power management and acoustic levels.
- In gnome-control-center Thomas Bechtold contributed the possibility to find connections for a specific MAC address . (GNOME bug 677899)
- Giovanni Campagna ported the clock from gnome-panel to modern GNOME technologies (gsettings, new libgweather, GDateTime ). (GNOME bug 677512)
- Paolo Bacchilega changed file-roller to be able to run as a D-Bus service as well (org.gnome.ArchiveManager1).
January 29, 2012
This week… 1871 commits, in 231 projects, by 217 happy hackers (and 219 were translation commits).
- In librsvg Christian Persch improved the decoding of data: URIs.
- Cosimo Cecchi changed gnome-screenshot to make non interactive mode headless, making it just save the image to the saved screenshots directory.
- Aurimas Černius added core synchronization support to gnote.
- Carlos Garcia Campos pushed some initial work porting devhelp to WebKit2; he later posted details about the port and the process (porting devhelp to WebKit2).
- Milan Crha added support for setting user’s folder permissions into evolution-mapi . (GNOME bug 667714)
- Oleksij Rempel switched Cheese from theora/ogg to vp8/webm.
- In gparted Rogier Goossens added the ability to set a new random UUID on file systems that provide the appropriate tools to perform this action . (GNOME bug 667278)
- Will Thompson added support for functions which return GError into pygobject . (GNOME bug 666098)
- Alexander Larsson added a first run dialog to gnome-contacts.
- Matthias Clasen added a resource tool to glib, this lets the developer poke at resources in elf files and standalone resource bundles.
- James Le Cuirot contributed the possibility to align text vertically into glabels.
- In gthumb Paolo Bacchilega added High quality zoom for SVG images.
- Adel Gadllah moved filesystem I/O to a thread when taking a screenshot in gnome-shell . (GNOME bug 652952)
- Florian Brosch contributed support for comments to the GIR parser in Vala.
- Pascal de Bruijn made gnome-color-manager use smaller/faster display calibration target sets.
November 13, 2011
This week… 1767 commits, in 177 projects, by 215 happy hackers (and 201 were translation commits).
- Aurimas Černius added an option for displaying the gnote status icon in its preferences dialog . (GNOME bug 663817)
- Hubert Figuière is back hacking on niepce and added support for flagging pictures, as well as importing flags from XMP files.
- Florian Müllner ported mutter preferences from gconf to GSettings . (GNOME bug 635378)
- In the udisks2 port of gnome-disk-utility David Zeuthen made a first stab at a “Create Partition” dialog.
- Nicolas Dufresne work on HW accelerated element landed in clutter-gst.
- Marc-André Lureau enabled audio support for spice machines in gnome-boxes.
- In Empathy Danielle Madeley made the GNOME Online Accounts optional again . (GNOME bug 663442)
- In yelp-xsl Shaun McCance added new about footers for both docbook and mallard documents.
- Jean Bréfort fixed the rendering of outline levels in gnumeric . (GNOME bug 663663)
- In libgda Vivien Malerba made GdaHolder thread safe, and implemented the GdaLockable interface.
- Frank Ziegler contributed configurable browser filters to Banshee.
- Michael Meeks added some initial support for V7+ websockets to the broadway GTK+ backend.
August 28, 2011
This week… 2092 commits, in 192 projects, by 236 happy hackers (and 376 were translation commits).
- Jasper St. Pierre added a UI to the fail whale of gnome-session, for enabling and disabling Shell Extensions . (GNOME bug 656747)
- Philip Chimento migrated conglomerate away off deprecated GNOME libraries.
- Stef Walter added async initialization functions to gnome-keyring gck library.
- Dan Winship fixed handling of rehandshake requests in glib-networking.
- Richard Hughes contributed some initial documentation and figures for color management to gnome-user-docs.
- Aurimas Černius ported gnote to use gdbus.
- Cosimo Cecchi made a first cut at implementing the source selector page in gnome-documents.
- Shaun McCance added a MallardFormatter class to gobject-introspection and an experimental extension for API references to yelp-xsl.
- Vivien Malerba greatly improved the code and documentation of the web provider part of libgda.
- Alex Anthony ported alacarte to GTK+ 3 and PyGI.
- A wacom control panel has been added to gnome-control-center by Peter Hutterer.
- Giovanni Campagna made an easier API for GNOME Shell extensions that want to add items to the system status area . (GNOME bug 653205)
- Adel Gadllah added a screenshot d-bus interface to GNOME Shell, to be used by tools like gnome-screenshot . (GNOME bug 652952)
- In goffice Andreas J. Guelzow made various improvements to the handling of fractions of π.
- Aaron Borden updated tomboy to allow renaming of template notes . (GNOME bug 509147).
- The gvfs AFP (Apple Filing Protocol) that is Carl-Anton Ingmarsson GSOC work has landed.
- Alexander Larsson added an avatar picker to gnome-contacts.
July 31, 2011
This week… 1611 commits, in 192 projects, by 234 happy hackers (and 211 were translation commits).
- Hans Breuer added handling for some more transforms to the SVG import support of Dia.
- Alexandre Mazari changed Epiphany to use an external CSS file for widget styling.
- In gthumb Paolo Bacchilega added ability to import photos from a folder . (GNOME bug 452764)
- Pierre-Yves Luyten contributed Mallard documentation to gnote . (GNOME bug 620557)
- Cosimo Cecchi rewrote the PDF loader of GNOME Documents with an async/cancellable API.
- Philip Withnall added better APIs to handle image data in Folks . (GNOME bug 650414)
- The port of gjs to gdbus by Giovanni Campagna was commited.
- Marek Kasik added firewalld support to the printers panel of gnome-control-center, to make it open the firewall for required connections when searching for printers.
- Richard Hughes went to remove a lot of code from gnome-power-manager, as most things are now happening in the gnome-settings-daemon power plugin.
- Cosimo Cecchi made a first iteration of a blue-based dark theme.
- Emilio Pozuelo Monfort made a serie of UI improvements to Empathy call window.
- Thomas Hindoe Paaboel Andersen ported the iagno game to gsettings.
- Rhythmbox got a new clutter-based visualizer plugin, by Jonathan Matthew.
February 28, 2010
This week… 2327 commits, in 209 projects, by 299 happy hackers (and 739 were translation commits).
- libgda got initial support for GObject Introspection, thanks to Daniel Espinosa.
- Empathy conversation logger can now be run as a separate process (GNOME bug 518414)
- Zenity got a –color-selection switch, to display a color selection dialog . (GNOME bug 540169)
- GNOME Screensaver got a control center extension panel, but it got reverted, most likely for the next release.
- Brasero drive selection widget has been fixed to be usable from GtkBuilder (GNOME bug 608170)
- Some minimal support for checking certificates has been added to Epiphany (GNOME bug 600663)
- GNOME Shell got notifications to point to windows demanding attention (via the urgency hint ) (GNOME bug 610594)
- gnote has been changed to allow user to decide if links are updated when renaming a note . (GNOME bug 584789)
- gcalctool was chaned to allow hexadecimal numbers to be entered in lower-case.
- Carlos Garcia Campos pushed a bonobo-less branch of the GNOME Panel, porting both gnome-panel and libpanel-applet to D-Bus . (GNOME bug 572131)