January 3, 2010
This week… 1259 commits, in 144 projects, by 148 happy hackers (and 191 were translation commits).
- Empathy will now display the protocol icon in a corner of the status icon of the contacts . (GNOME bug 603877)
- Kupfer got support for Triggers, Ulrik Sverdrup explains it in detail in his appropriately named Kupfer gains Triggers post.
- Debarshi Ray (who took over maintenance of gnote) added a “note of the day” addin . (GNOME bug 590589)
- Gian Mario Tagliaretti wrapped many GSocket and GResolver functions for pygobjet.
- Epiphany was fixed so that notifification of completed downloads doesn’t rely anymore on the presence of the status icon . (GNOME bug 604599)
- The mixed state of toggle buttons has been changed to be drawn half in the normal and the other half in the pressed state . (GNOME bug 502165)
- Jesse van den Kieboom improved menu integration of gedit on Mac OS X; this now uses the latest updates done on the ige-mac-integration library, with additional patches.
- Josh Tripplet added support for XTerm bracketed paste mode to VTE, this allows programs to distinguish pasted text from typed text. For example vim could automatically use paste mode for pastes, avoiding unwanted duplicate indentation or formatting . (GNOME bug 605299)
- Sebastien Granjoux added a new project backend to Anjuta, to open a directory as a project.
- Cody Russel added a GtkOffscreenWindow implementation, to make it much easier to take an arbitrary widget and render it to an offscreen buffer without having it displayed anywhere onscreen . (GNOME bug 604901)
July 26, 2009
This week… 1598 commits, in 174 projects, by 230 happy hackers (and 302 were translation commits).
- An example displaying geotagged photos from Flickr has been added to libchamplain.
- A “Share My Desktop” feature has been added to Empathy, it allows a contact to share his desktop over an IM stream . (GNOME bug 589091)
- The mousewheel action on Rhythmbox status icon has been made configurable, it can be made to switch to next/previous tracks, and to modify the audio volume . (GNOME bug 376863)
- Orca has been extended to prepend “mispelled” to the words marked as such in Mozilla text areas . (GNOME bug 588910)
- Anjuta Git support has been modified to show the active branch in the status bar, and to provide “git stash” features in the UI.
- gnome-power-manager removed the CanSuspend and CanHibernate D-Bus methods as there is now a patch available for gnome-session, to make it so it handles them directly via DeviceKit-power.
- Bastien Nocera added profile switching support to the volume control, and blogged about it.
- Zhang Sen, who is working on Telepathy Tubes support for the Sudoku game in his GSOC, added saving and undo/redo support.
- In another GSOC, to create a D-Bus mail service, Ian Marcinkowski commited his IMAP parser.
- GNote added a D-Bus interface mimicking the Tomboy one . (GNOME bug 581030)
- Eye of GNOME gained an option to have the detailed metadata list widget shown on its own notebook page in the properties dialog, so the dialog is smaller and fit on smaller displays . (GNOME bug 566810)
- Finally Matthew Barnes ported gnome-video-arcade from libglade to GtkBuilder, and Felix Riemann converted zenity . (GNOME bug 578393)
June 21, 2009
This week… 2062 commits, in 182 projects, by 247 happy hackers (and 281 were translation commits).
- In the “content-sniffing” branch, Gustavo Noronha Silva started to implement content sniffing in libsoup, including the HTML5 algorithm that sniffs content served as “text/plain” by web servers.
- Hubert Figuiere fixed a bug when printing date/tome values with 0 micro-second, making gnote timestamps compatible with tomboy . (GNOME bug 581844)
- File Roller gained support for lzip and xz compression formats (GNOME bug 579467, GNOME bug 582237).
- The “Palimpset” Disk Utility now uses the new GtkInfoBar to show job progress, there are two screenshots available ((1) and (2)).
- Stefan Walter started working on a DBus API to gnome-keyring secrets, it is currently developed in the “dbus-api” branch.
- Shaun McCance merged Mallard support into both Yelp and gnome-doc-utils.
- GTK+ gained support for special icons for XDG user dirs, this will allow themes to provide different icons for the Documents, Downloads, Music… folders . (GNOME bug 541276)
- Paul Cutler applied a serie of patches to GNOME User Docs (both User Guide and Accessibility Guide), fixing typos and updating them to match the current desktop reality.
- Rhythmbox command line control program (rhythmbox-client) got support for song rating . (GNOME bug 583108)
- Support for touchpad parameters has been added to gnome-settings-daemon (GNOME bug 578444), it still needs a matching patch to be applied in the control center to have a new Touchpad tab in the Mouse Preferences (GNOME bug 154029)
April 26, 2009
This week… 2205 commits, in 220 projects, by 230 happy hackers (and 267 were translation commits).
- Still in the aftermath of the Git migration, 189 commits were about DOAP files and JHBuild got his Git support quite improved.
- Empathy now displays the transfer speed in its file transfer dialog . (GNOME bug 580097)
- Meld has added support for SVK . (GNOME bug 416418)
- Epiphany was fixed to use GNOME settings for the default font sizes, instead of the WebKitGTK+ defaults.
- The libgnomeui dependency was removed from both the GStreamer Properties and the Media Profiles in gnome-media.
- Peter Bloomfield ported the Balsa mail client to use GMime 2.4.
- In evolution-data-server, Rob Branford ported libedata and libebook to D-Bus in the D-Bus branch, and Philip Withnall converted the Google calendar backend to use the external libgdata in the libgdata-port branch.
- David Zeuthen commited his GDBus work in a new gdbus branch of glib; and Dan Winship merged his GResolver (a glib-ish interface to DNS) branch into glib (and blogged about it ). (GNOME bug 548466)
- Nautilus now use g_timeout_add_seconds instead of g_timeout_add where appropriate (GNOME bug 574033); also Deprecated GTK+ symbols were removed . (GNOME bug 565038)
- Shaun McCance pushed his Mallard branch to the gnome-doc-utils repository.
- GNote, the Tomboy Gtkmm clone, got support for Add-ins . (GNOME bug 578980)