July 26, 2009
This week… 1598 commits, in 174 projects, by 230 happy hackers (and 302 were translation commits).
- An example displaying geotagged photos from Flickr has been added to libchamplain.
- A “Share My Desktop” feature has been added to Empathy, it allows a contact to share his desktop over an IM stream . (GNOME bug 589091)
- The mousewheel action on Rhythmbox status icon has been made configurable, it can be made to switch to next/previous tracks, and to modify the audio volume . (GNOME bug 376863)
- Orca has been extended to prepend “mispelled” to the words marked as such in Mozilla text areas . (GNOME bug 588910)
- Anjuta Git support has been modified to show the active branch in the status bar, and to provide “git stash” features in the UI.
- gnome-power-manager removed the CanSuspend and CanHibernate D-Bus methods as there is now a patch available for gnome-session, to make it so it handles them directly via DeviceKit-power.
- Bastien Nocera added profile switching support to the volume control, and blogged about it.
- Zhang Sen, who is working on Telepathy Tubes support for the Sudoku game in his GSOC, added saving and undo/redo support.
- In another GSOC, to create a D-Bus mail service, Ian Marcinkowski commited his IMAP parser.
- GNote added a D-Bus interface mimicking the Tomboy one . (GNOME bug 581030)
- Eye of GNOME gained an option to have the detailed metadata list widget shown on its own notebook page in the properties dialog, so the dialog is smaller and fit on smaller displays . (GNOME bug 566810)
- Finally Matthew Barnes ported gnome-video-arcade from libglade to GtkBuilder, and Felix Riemann converted zenity . (GNOME bug 578393)