October 14, 2012
This week… 1540 commits, in 234 projects, by 207 happy hackers (and 365 were translation commits).
- Alexander Larsson imported the gvfs-test test frameworks from Martin Pitt into the gvfs source tree.
- In gxml Richard Schwarting added examples in C, Vala, JS, and Python on how to create and save documents.
- Erick Pérez Castellanos added a new widget to handle 24-hour format time in gnome-calendar.
- Richard Hughes changed gnome-color-manager to have a ‘Show details’ button for already-installed profiles.
- In folks Jeremy Whiting contributed a new Ofono backend to read contacts from SIM cards.
- Ondrej Holy added trackball detection to gnome-settings-daemon . (GNOME bug 685941)
- Paolo Bacchilega fixed the creation of hard links in file-roller . (GNOME bug 686061)
- In glib, Dan Winship landed GTask, this is a replacement for GSimpleAsyncResult and GIOScheduler, that also allows for making cancellable wrappers around non-cancellable functions . (GNOME bug 661767)
- Morten Welinder fixed the performance of gnumeric when writing a xslx file.
- Aurimas Černius added an application menu to gnote.
- Daniel Stone ported clutter to the new Wayland and xkbcommon APIs.
- Jasper St. Pierre included a new code style/hacking guide into gnome-shell . (GNOME bug 661241)
- Xan Lopez removed support for extensions in Epiphany, see bug report for rationale . (GNOME bug 685630)
- David Zeuthen started reworking the “Create RAID Array” dialog of gnome-disk-utility.
April 22, 2012
This week… 1882 commits, in 225 projects, by 228 happy hackers (and 341 were translation commits).
- Bastien Nocera ported phonemgr to the newest evolution-data-server using GSettings . (GNOME bug 672067)
- In goffice Jean Bréfort made WMF support work when not built with EMF support.
- In pygobject Martin Pitt added the possibility to GType properties from Python . (GNOME bug 674351)
- Richard Hughes added help pages to gnome-color-manager explaining how to use the ICC profiles on other systems.
- Marc-André Lureau fixed gnome-boxes so the top toolbar is not displayed when dragging a window in the VM, as that movement is used to maximize the window in Windows 7, and GNOME . (GNOME bug 674361)
- Cosimo Cecchi started a new style for OSD widgets in gnome-themes-standard.
- He also fixed gnome-screenshot to fall back to $HOME when saving into XDG_PICTURES_DIR fails . (GNOME bug 672833)
- Gustavo Noronha Silva changed epiphany to also consider email inputs when looking for user/password forms . (GNOME bug 666326)
- David Zeuthen changed gvfs to not set should_automount to TRUE for devices on other seats.
- Benjamin Otte landed his work on GTK+ adding an animating framework.
- In gthumb Paolo Bacchilega added some guards to avoid loading extensions with a different API version.
April 15, 2012
This week… 1915 commits, in 197 projects, by 195 happy hackers (and 447 were translation commits).
- Richard Hughes changd gnome-color-manager to show the actual ICC profile after calibration if the user is using a LiveCD.
- Zeeshan Ali simplified a little bit the creation of VMs in gnome-boxes . (GNOME bug 672567)
- In cogl Robert Bragg reworked the SDL integration API to simplify the integration for application developers.
- Dan Winship fixed up TLS/SSL property interactions in libsoup . (GNOME bug 673678)
- Peter Hutterer modified the wacom gnome-control-center panel to update the UI if a new tool gets plugged in . (GNOME bug 672691)
- Jakub Steiner added cyrillic support to the cantarell fonts.
- Giovanni Campagna fixed a gnome-shell crash when NetworkManager restarted . (GNOME bug 673043)
- Bastien Nocera ported Totem grilo plugin to the 0.2 API.
- In Epiphany Xan Lopez added a setting to control whether the session is automatically restored . (GNOME bug 673453)
- Felix Riemann changed eog to avoid recompressing JPEGs as PNG when printing, this reduces the file size of the resulting PDF file pretty much to the source file size . (GNOME bug 394260)
- Matthias Clasen improved test coverage of various parts of glib.
- Paolo Bacchilega modified gthumb to show an emblem when a file is added to a selection.
March 18, 2012
This week… 2882 commits, in 225 projects, by 292 happy hackers (and 824 were translation commits).
- Øyvind Kolås added an API for managing palette based formats to babl.
- Jesse van den Kieboom moved the gedit-code-assistance backends to the peas based plugin system.
- Johan Dahlin added a PyGTK compatibility layer to pygobject, that module tries quite a bit harder to maintain compatibility with PyGTK, module names, enums, flags and some API . (GNOME bug 653462)
- In gnome-themes-standard Cosimo Cecchi added the infrastructure to create the High Contrast icon theme from the symbolic icons.
- Peter Hurley contributed to gnome-panel to add a style class for orientation to menubar, this allows themeing to adjust styling for vertical panels . (GNOME bug 672070)
- Guillaume Desmottes added a new calendar button in Empathy . (GNOME bug 671981)
- In gnome-settings-daemon Bastien Nocera changed the behaviour of the logout key to call shutdown . (GNOME bug 671979)
- In gnome-terminal Christian Persch added handling of GDK_SCROLL_SMOOTH, for smooth scrolling.
- Debarshi Ray changed gnome-online-accounts to hide dialog buttons during the authorization step.
- Zeeshan Ali modified gnome-boxes wizard to only show ISO files in the file chooser . (GNOME bug 672160)
- In gnome-color-manager Richard Hughes provided a way for a program to find out if calibration is enabled . (GNOME bug 672028)
- Bertrand Lorentz implemented SSL certificate validation in Banshee . (GNOME bug 671536)
February 26, 2012
This week… 2629 commits, in 250 projects, by 264 happy hackers (and 564 were translation commits).
- The new call support in Empathy has been made default, the old “empathy-av” has been removed.
- György Balló contributed a port of gnome-blog from gnome-vfs to gio . (GNOME bug 612630)
- Hubert Figuière added support for date properties to Niepce.
- Lukasz Pawlik fixed the handling of byte range requests in gupnp . (GNOME bug 670518)
- In gnome-shell Florian Müllner added support for external asynchronous search providers . (GNOME bug 663125)
- And gnome-documents got a D-Bus service implementing that gnome-shell external search API . (GNOME bug 662453)
- Marc Deslauriers fixed gnome-screensaver to properly turn off capslock warning when the key is released . (GNOME bug 669769)
- Richard Hughes updated gnome-color-manager to correctly restore the calibration status panel after asking the user a question.
- In file-roller Paolo Bacchilega added an overwrite confirmation dialog when extracting files with drag&drop . (GNOME bug 590609)
- Bastien Nocera added support for AMZ AmazonMP3 download files to totem-pl-parser . (GNOME bug 668686)
- Tiffany Antopolski, Susanna Huhtanen, Phil Bull and others at the documentation hackfest contributed many updates to the gnome-devel-docs tutorials.
- In gnome-games Robert Ancell updated both quadrapessel and lightsoff to use GMenu.
- In anjuta Marco Diego Aurélio Mesquita contributed the automatic addition of callbacks when user double-clicks a signal in the glade signal editor . (GNOME bug 670149)
- Ignacio Casal Quinteiro updated gedit to use GResource.
- Andreas J. Guelzow fixed the edition of decimals in gnumeric . (GNOME bug 670558)
January 29, 2012
This week… 1871 commits, in 231 projects, by 217 happy hackers (and 219 were translation commits).
- In librsvg Christian Persch improved the decoding of data: URIs.
- Cosimo Cecchi changed gnome-screenshot to make non interactive mode headless, making it just save the image to the saved screenshots directory.
- Aurimas Černius added core synchronization support to gnote.
- Carlos Garcia Campos pushed some initial work porting devhelp to WebKit2; he later posted details about the port and the process (porting devhelp to WebKit2).
- Milan Crha added support for setting user’s folder permissions into evolution-mapi . (GNOME bug 667714)
- Oleksij Rempel switched Cheese from theora/ogg to vp8/webm.
- In gparted Rogier Goossens added the ability to set a new random UUID on file systems that provide the appropriate tools to perform this action . (GNOME bug 667278)
- Will Thompson added support for functions which return GError into pygobject . (GNOME bug 666098)
- Alexander Larsson added a first run dialog to gnome-contacts.
- Matthias Clasen added a resource tool to glib, this lets the developer poke at resources in elf files and standalone resource bundles.
- James Le Cuirot contributed the possibility to align text vertically into glabels.
- In gthumb Paolo Bacchilega added High quality zoom for SVG images.
- Adel Gadllah moved filesystem I/O to a thread when taking a screenshot in gnome-shell . (GNOME bug 652952)
- Florian Brosch contributed support for comments to the GIR parser in Vala.
- Pascal de Bruijn made gnome-color-manager use smaller/faster display calibration target sets.
December 18, 2011
This week… 1782 commits, in 171 projects, by 230 happy hackers (and 189 were translation commits).
- Philip Chimento converted Devhelp from IgeMacIntegration to GtkOSXApplication, a change necessary to build on 64-bit Macs . (GNOME bug 663789)
- In rhythmbox Jonathan Matthew used some special cow powers to made password prompts work properly . (GNOME bug 666338)
- In gnome-themes-standard Lapo Calamandrei continued working on unfocused window appearance, styling radio, checks, sliders, progressbars and scrollbars.
- Juan A. Suarez Romero updated the shoutcast plugin in grilo-plugins to the SHOUTCast 2.0 API.
- Zeeshan Ali added some UI to gnome-boxes for specifying product key (Windows XP & 2003 ). (GNOME bug 666030)
- Alexander Larsson added support for unlinking contacts to gnome-contacts.
- Jakub Steiner updated gnome-color-manager colorimeter artwork.
- Alex Murray added automatic dimming / toggling to keyboard backlight to gnome-settings-daemon power plugin.
- Work on the Firebird provider, by Faghmie Davids, was pushed into libgda.
- In Evince Cyril Soldani added an option to show odd pages on the left in dual mode.
- Andreas J. Guelzow fixed LaTeX export of cyrillic in Gnumeric . (GNOME bug 666340)
- In Rygel Jens Georg added hacks for XBMC to recognize DLNA mime-types as AAC for AAC files.
- Robert Roth contributed to gnome-system-monitor a patch to summarize the processor cores to be able to display sysinfo for multi-core systems with more than 13 cores . (GNOME bug 664926)
- Christian Persch added a lock button the the drwright break window . (GNOME bug 128381)
November 27, 2011
This week… 2089 commits, in 181 projects, by 226 happy hackers (and 320 were translation commits).
- Richard Hughes added a progress bar on the calibration action page of gnome-color-manager.
- Morten Welinder improved the precision of range functions in goffice.
- Joanmarie Diggs removed the legacy magnification code from orca . (GNOME bug 664651)
- In gnome-disk-utility David Zeuthen updated the ATA smart dialog.
- Erik Hartenian improved the Cantarell font, adding “extrema” to all glyphs, and making slight adjustments on a few letters.
- In the gnome-control-center wacom panel Bastien Nocera split out the tablet page, so it can be reused for separate tablet configurations.
- In seahorse Stef Walter added support for creating creating certificate requests as well as support for PKCS#11 key generation.
- Guillaume Desmottes added a “wrong password” dialog to Empathy, used for failing GOA accounts . (GNOME bug 661640)
- Milan Crha implemented fast-transfer for the address book backend of evolution-mapi.
- For gnome-documents Cosimo Cecchi made a first version of GdTaggedEntry, a GtkEntry subclass to which tags can be added (and styled with CSS).
- Anthony Granger updated Cheese preferences dialog to be more netbook-friendly . (GNOME bug 663146)
- Jason Baron added cgroup support in the process view of gnome-system-monitor.
- John Stowers updated gnome-tweak-tool to support the new GNOME Shell 3.3.x DBus interface.
October 2, 2011
This week… 2810 commits, in 216 projects, by 325 happy hackers (and 767 were translation commits).
- In gdk-pixbuf Keith Moyer fixed gif animation delays between frames . (GNOME bug 655755)
- Jonathan Matthew converted Rhythmbox to be based on GtkApplication.
- Emmanuele Bassi added support for run-time backend detection in clutter-gtk.
- Jasper St. Pierre added a better, more contextual review list UI for extensions.gnome.org.
- Dan Winship updated libsoup to use GTlsDatabase, and added new SoupSession properties for it.
- In clutter-gst Damien Lespiau changed how audio and subtitles tracks are reported.
- Cosimo Cecchi updated gnome-screenshot to use GNOME Shell DBus screenshot interface if available . (GNOME bug 657330)
- Sébastien Wilmet changed latexila to use theme icons, instead of relying of icons copied from Kile.
- Murray Cumming updated glom to use CSS3 formatting for colors.
- Ignacio Casal Quinteiro added a snippets manager to gedit-latex.
- Copy and paste from gnumeric to other programs has been fixed by Andreas J. Guelzow . (GNOME bug 660242)
- In goffice Morten Welinder improved the precision of range functions when the input vector is (near-)constant.
- Jens Georg added some delay before handling SoupMessage signals in rygel, to avoid getting stray signals when one of the precondition checks fails.
- Support for DVD playing has been added to Banshee, this includes menu navitation and is the work of Alex Launi, Olivier Dufour, and Bertrand Lorenz.
- Richard Hugues added an ICC profile metadata blacklist to gnome-color-manager.
- Jonny Lamb removed workarounds for Butterfly bugs from Empathy . (GNOME bug 612555)
- Christophe Dumez optimised the parsing of vcards in evolution-data-server.