July 29, 2012
This week… 1100 commits, in 198 projects, by 176 happy hackers (and 232 were translation commits).
- In Clocks Eslam Mostafa added support for reading and writing alarms to a ICS file.
- Marta Maria Casetti added comboboxes and toolbars pages and samples to gnome-devel-docs python tutorials.
- Jasper St. Pierre added a filter entry to the language page of gnome-initial-setup.
- Maxime Nicco implemented conversion between RVBA and HSVBA float to babl.
- In libsoup Dan Winship fixed the handling of timed-out SoupRequests in SoupSessionAsync.
- Sebastian Dröge ported sound-juicer to GStreamer 1.0 and changed the CD playback feature to use the playbin element.
- In evolution Dan Vrátil added a ‘Format as’ submenu to the preview pane context menu, that can be used to highlight source code . (GNOME bug 680026)
- Matas Brazdeikis added UI testing to Pitivi, using Dogtail.
- Xavier Claessens added optional support for Ubuntu Online Accounts to Empathy.
- Felix Riemann added an application menu to eog (GNOME bug 674938).
- Matthias Clasen added an example for handling app menu fallback to the set of GTK+ examples.
- In gnome-control-center Richard Hughes merged his rework of the WiFi part of the network panel.
- Paolo Borelli added ‘recent files’ support to baobab, making scanned directories are now listed on the “home page”.
June 24, 2012
This week… 1377 commits, in 160 projects, by 197 happy hackers (and 247 were translation commits).
- Christian Hergert changed gnome-desktop to draw monitor labels with rounded corners . (GNOME bug 591025)
- In gcr Stef Walter reworked how DER pasing works.
- Alexander Larsson added fast approximations of x2.4 and x(1/2.4) to speed up gamma conversion in babl . (GNOME bug 678318)
- Lionel Landwerlin added touch events support in Clutter . (GNOME bug 678278)
- In dia Hans Breuer fixed some SVG import error.
- Seif Lotfy changed Empathy to show popular contacts in the “Top Contacts” group . (GNOME bug 678083)
- Giovanni Campagna updated gnome-shell to sort wifi networks by strength . (GNOME bug 658946)
- Carlos Garcia Campos landed the WebKit2 port of Epiphany.
- Aurimas Černius added a WebDav sync addin to gnote.
- In gnome-disk-utility David Zeuthen added a settings dialog for power management and acoustic levels.
- In gnome-control-center Thomas Bechtold contributed the possibility to find connections for a specific MAC address . (GNOME bug 677899)
- Giovanni Campagna ported the clock from gnome-panel to modern GNOME technologies (gsettings, new libgweather, GDateTime ). (GNOME bug 677512)
- Paolo Bacchilega changed file-roller to be able to run as a D-Bus service as well (org.gnome.ArchiveManager1).
March 18, 2012
This week… 2882 commits, in 225 projects, by 292 happy hackers (and 824 were translation commits).
- Øyvind Kolås added an API for managing palette based formats to babl.
- Jesse van den Kieboom moved the gedit-code-assistance backends to the peas based plugin system.
- Johan Dahlin added a PyGTK compatibility layer to pygobject, that module tries quite a bit harder to maintain compatibility with PyGTK, module names, enums, flags and some API . (GNOME bug 653462)
- In gnome-themes-standard Cosimo Cecchi added the infrastructure to create the High Contrast icon theme from the symbolic icons.
- Peter Hurley contributed to gnome-panel to add a style class for orientation to menubar, this allows themeing to adjust styling for vertical panels . (GNOME bug 672070)
- Guillaume Desmottes added a new calendar button in Empathy . (GNOME bug 671981)
- In gnome-settings-daemon Bastien Nocera changed the behaviour of the logout key to call shutdown . (GNOME bug 671979)
- In gnome-terminal Christian Persch added handling of GDK_SCROLL_SMOOTH, for smooth scrolling.
- Debarshi Ray changed gnome-online-accounts to hide dialog buttons during the authorization step.
- Zeeshan Ali modified gnome-boxes wizard to only show ISO files in the file chooser . (GNOME bug 672160)
- In gnome-color-manager Richard Hughes provided a way for a program to find out if calibration is enabled . (GNOME bug 672028)
- Bertrand Lorentz implemented SSL certificate validation in Banshee . (GNOME bug 671536)