June 21, 2009
This week… 2062 commits, in 182 projects, by 247 happy hackers (and 281 were translation commits).
- In the “content-sniffing” branch, Gustavo Noronha Silva started to implement content sniffing in libsoup, including the HTML5 algorithm that sniffs content served as “text/plain” by web servers.
- Hubert Figuiere fixed a bug when printing date/tome values with 0 micro-second, making gnote timestamps compatible with tomboy . (GNOME bug 581844)
- File Roller gained support for lzip and xz compression formats (GNOME bug 579467, GNOME bug 582237).
- The “Palimpset” Disk Utility now uses the new GtkInfoBar to show job progress, there are two screenshots available ((1) and (2)).
- Stefan Walter started working on a DBus API to gnome-keyring secrets, it is currently developed in the “dbus-api” branch.
- Shaun McCance merged Mallard support into both Yelp and gnome-doc-utils.
- GTK+ gained support for special icons for XDG user dirs, this will allow themes to provide different icons for the Documents, Downloads, Music… folders . (GNOME bug 541276)
- Paul Cutler applied a serie of patches to GNOME User Docs (both User Guide and Accessibility Guide), fixing typos and updating them to match the current desktop reality.
- Rhythmbox command line control program (rhythmbox-client) got support for song rating . (GNOME bug 583108)
- Support for touchpad parameters has been added to gnome-settings-daemon (GNOME bug 578444), it still needs a matching patch to be applied in the control center to have a new Touchpad tab in the Mouse Preferences (GNOME bug 154029)
|John Carr||65||conduit, jhbuild|
|Bastien Nocera||59||gnome-bluetooth, totem-pl-parser, nautilus-sendto|
|Morten Welinder||54||gnumeric, gnomeweb-wml, goffice and others|
|Matthias Clasen||50||gtk+, glib, gnome-settings-daemon and others|
|Richard Hughes||47||gnome-power-manager, gnome-packagekit|
|Runa Bhattacharjee||38||gtksourceview, gnome-utils, gnome-settings-daemon and others|
|Alexander Larsson||32||gvfs, glib, gtk+ and others|