May 20, 2012
This week… 1593 commits, in 201 projects, by 233 happy hackers (and 319 were translation commits).
- In Pitivi Jean-François Fortin Tam merged the ges (GStreamer Editing Services) branch.
- Xan Lopez added support for Do Not Track into Epiphany.
- William Jon McCann redesigned gnome-control-center universal access panel for consistency and smallness . (GNOME bug 665588)
- Florian Müllner added a simple application menu to gucharmap . (GNOME bug 674952)
- Fabrice Bellet contributed a fix to Vino to use XFixes to provide the correct cursor image . (GNOME bug 492033)
- Sébastien Wilmet changed gtksourceview to use a GResource for the XML description of its completion UI . (GNOME bug 674643)
- Joseph Scheuhammer contributed brightness and contrast functionality to gnome-shell magnifier . (GNOME bug 639851)
- Debarshi Ray updated gnome-online-accounts to set the Accept-Language header, so the Facebook login page appears in the correct language.
- Danielle Madeley revamped empathy roster window menu, converting it into an application menu.
- Chenthill Palanisamy added the possibility to send mails through groupwise SOAP protocol to evolution-groupwise.
- David Zeuthen did various improvements to the gnome-disk-utility SMART dialog.
- In Evolution Milan Crha added year scrolling to the date picker . (GNOME bug 206484)
- Craig Keogh added support for a systemmodule tag to JHBuild . (GNOME bug 669554)
- Alexandre Prokoudine replaced various GIMP filters by GEGL operations.
February 5, 2012
This week… 1611 commits, in 183 projects, by 205 happy hackers (and 216 were translation commits).
- In gnome-themes-standard Lapo Calamandrei started using PNGs as assets where possible, instead of SVG files.
- Many introspection improvements landed in gjs (support for interfaces, signals, glib properties…), Jasper St. Pierre blogged about GJS Improvements.
- Matthias Clasen added a systemd implementation of the session tracking part of gnome-session . (GNOME bug 666891)
- David King added an horizontal flip effect to gnome-video-effects . (GNOME bug 666930)
- Jasper St. Pierre added back a “popularity” field to extensions.gnome.org.
- Empathy was updated by Will Thompson to present confirmation dialogs when closing windows containing chat rooms . (GNOME bug 591756)
- In gnumeric Andreas J. Guelzow fixed rich text import from xslx files . (GNOME bug 669083)
- Faghmie Davids contributed many improvements to the Firebird provider of libgda.
- In gnome-shell Owen Taylor improved the default screencast pipeline, decreasing the quality setting for the vp8 codec from 10 to 8, and increasing the speed setting from 2 to 6 . (GNOME bug 669066)
- Stefano Palazzo contributed a Python 3 language file for gtksourceview . (GNOME bug 668136)
- Alexander Larsson updated gnome-contacts to use a dialog for avatar changing.
- Patricia Santana Cruz changed cheese to use PackageKit to install nautilus-sendto when needed; she wrote about this: PackageKit in Cheese . (GNOME bug 668072)
- Damien Sandras reimplemented call control functions into the new Ekiga call window.
- In gnome-games Robert Ancell ported uadrapassel from C++ to Vala.
- Claudio Saavedra updated eog to hide the titlebar when maximized . (GNOME bug 668652)
- In gedit Jesse van den Kieboom added an option to ensure that documents always end with a trailing newline.
February 13, 2011
This week… 2038 commits, in 188 projects, by 238 happy hackers (and 359 were translation commits).
- Saleem Abdulrasool added support for magic-based identification of files in file-roller.
- Ignacio Casal Quinteiro changed gtksourceview to use a different draw for narrowed non breaking spaces . (GNOME bug 626126)
- Also in gtksourceview the M4 syntax highlighting was updated for all current Autoconf-and-friends macros, by Philip Chimento.
- Xan Lopez ported Epiphany floating statusbar to use the new overlay widget from gedit.
- Shaun McCance removed the bookmarks editor dialog from Yelp, instead it’s now possible to mark and unmark bookmarked pages with an icon in the location entry.
- In pygobject Martin Pitt made Gio.Settings behave like a dictionary, with transparent conversion from and to GVariants, this makes it more comfortable to use . (GNOME bug 640838)
- Chris Kühl continued on his port of GNOME System Monitor to GTK+ 3, switching libraries after a lot of cleanup work.
- Giovanni Campagna made GNOME Shell extensions translatable.
- Christian Persch made possible to postpone Dr Wright break immediately . (GNOME bug 621640)
- Michal Hruby added a zeitgeist dataprovider plugin to Totem.
- Paolo Bacchilega added the ability to search and filter files with a single tag in gthumb . (GNOME bug 633884)
- Several rhythmbox plugins were ported to use GObject Introspection by Jonathan Matthew.
- In the region control center panel Sergey V. Udaltsov made layout filtering much faster.
- Florian Müllner updated the shell app view to use larger icons, to match the mockups . (GNOME bug 639428)
November 28, 2010
This week… 2827 commits, in 163 projects, by 220 happy hackers (and 223 were translation commits).
- Cosimo Cecchi started porting the “removable media” preferences tab of Nautilus to be a new control center panel.
- A limit to the number of times gnome-session will try to restart an application has been added by Jon McCann; it’s still missing the display of en error dialog when such a situation happens . (GNOME bug 634762)
- Johannes Schmid added a new code analyser plugin to Anjuta, it uses clang and the results are displayed in the message pane like compiler errors.
- Pedro Castro improved the support for FAB Subtitler files in gnome-subtitles.
- Gabriel Burt added back a podcast browser to Banshee.
- After months of work TLS support has finally landed in glib, many thanks to Dan Winship, it adds an extension point into gio, and glib-networking provides a gnutls-based implementation . (GNOME bug 588189)
- Lucas Rocha started a nautilus extension for the-board; at the moment it allows adding photos to The Board.
- Alexander Larsson landed a “broadway” branch into GTK+, this adds a HTML backend to GTK+; he had written about this before in GTK+ 3 vs HTML 5.
- Maxim Ermilov made links in message banners of gnome shell clickable . (GNOME bug 610219)
- The “About GNOME” dialog has been removed, a new “System Information” panel should arrive to provide similar functionalities.
- Jon Drufresne added a “Show whitespace” preference for the comparison of files in meld . (GNOME bug 622342)
- A complete API break happened in libgrss as all object and function names have been moved to the “grss” namespace.
- Brandon Lewis maded it possible for the viewer widget in pitivi to be (un)docked.
- The gutters in GtkSourceView (typically used to draw line numbers on the side) have been improved by Jesse van den Kieboom, to remove some limitations in sizing and accurate user control.
October 24, 2010
This week… 2246 commits, in 200 projects, by 225 happy hackers (and 297 were translation commits).
- Colin Walters worked on porting gjs to xulrunner 2, including a port to use fast constructors.
- Rodrigo Moya migrated many control center settings (accessibility, mouse and touchpad) to GSettings.
- A “Remove attachments” command has been added to Evolution by Rex Tsai (GNOME bug 534453)
- Brtfs has been made a normal part of gparted, it is no longer necessary to use the –enable-brtfs option.
- A volume indicator has been added to GNOME Shell by Giovanni Campagna . (GNOME bug 629455)
- Vitaly Minko added a new popup menu item in the Empathy chat window allowing to add words to dictionaries . (GNOME bug 550775).
- Felix Riemann made “best fit” a toggle action in Eog, making it clear from the toolbar when the image will be rescaled with the window and when not . (GNOME bug 616890)
- Tadej Borovšak added a GtkScollable interface to GTK+, and several modules (Nautilus, GNOME Control Center, gtksourceview, and gedit) have already been adapted to use it.
- Also in GTK+ Matthias Clasen added a new GtkGrid widget, similar to GtkTable but without the legacy properties and unncessary restrictions.
- GNOME Settings Daemon got a bridge plugin, listening to GSettings changes and propagating them to GConf.
May 30, 2010
This week… 2346 commits, in 184 projects, by 266 happy hackers (and 405 were translation commits).
- Vincent Untz improved and merged Carlos Garcia Campos branch of gnome-panel that moves applets off Bonobo, to D-Bus . (GNOME bug 572131)
- Shaun McCance landed a bookmarks editor in Yelp.
- A Kupfer plugin that adds a quick access to tasks from Getting Things GNOME! has been contributed by Karol Będkowski.
- The “Default Applications” capplet has been converted to a settings panel.
- Support for devices with sector sizes of more than 512 bytes have been enabled in gparted (GNOME bug 607165)
- Adel Gadllah contributed to GNOME Shell, with a patch to make sure the app switcher would always be displayed on the primary monitor.
- XInput2 support has been merged in GTK+, enabling the use of multiple keyboards and pointer pairs . (GNOME bug 596725)
- Both GNOME Color Manager and Evince have been ported to use GDBus.
- Alexander Larsson added some initial support for dtrace and systemtap to GLib, the current set of probes is on allocation and free using g_malloc & friends, and g_slice, and gquark name tracking . (GNOME bug 606044)
- Edgar Luna added a new lyrics parser, using darklyrics.com, to Rhythmbox (GNOME bug 525094)
- Support for gobject introspection has been added to gtksourceview by Tomeu Vizoso, and to dconf by Ryan Lortie.
- Morten Welinder added a non-linear solver to Gnumeric (GNOME bug 614865)
- In their GSOC Yuvi Panda pushed the work he started to rewrite Cheese in Vala, Jamie Nicol updated the Last.fm plugin of rhythmbox to support the new authentication API, and Salomon Sickert has written the first part of a support library for his “TaskView” project.
March 7, 2010
This week… 2390 commits, in 220 projects, by 281 happy hackers (and 708 were translation commits).
- Empathy made URL some people put in their contact status clickable right from the contact list (GNOME bug 525576)
- Hiroyuki Ikezoe updated gpointing-device-settings to support a speed property.
- The cairo branch has been merged into gjs.
- Snowy (the webservice companion of Tomboy) has been updated to use UTC as internal time representation, to avoid dealing with different timezones.
- Jean Bréfort implemented round rectangles, arrow heads for arcs and spline support for polyline and polygons in goffice canvas.
- Jürg Billeter updated tracker to refuse updates when low on disk scape.
- The libgnomekbd layout indicator has been changed to use the default font family and size, instead of hardcoding Helvetica . (GNOME bug 610544)
- Richard Hugues pushed a color-management branch to GTK+, implemening an optional LCMS GIO module, and GtkColorEngine, GtkColorTransform and GtkColorProfile.
- gcalctool has been changed to show bit editor for numbers not in base 10.
- Jesse van den Kieboom implemented a new words completion word finder method in gtksourceview, as the previous version was buggy and a lot of bookkeeping.
- GNOME Power Manager has been changed to play a sound loop if the charge of a laptop battery or UPS reaches a critical level.
December 27, 2009
This week… 1152 commits, in 137 projects, by 191 happy hackers (and 128 were translation commits).
- Thanks to a patch by Philip Chimento gtk-doc got a much improved support for parsing unions . (GNOME bug 165425)
- Francisco Rojas added tag autocompletion to Postr . (GNOME bug 507242)
- Support for BibTeX syntax highlighting has bee pushed to gtksourceview . (GNOME bug 605071)
- Takao Fujiwara updated gdm to reload the i18n file automatically . (GNOME bug 599263)
- Sergey V. Udaltsov updated the gnome-settings-daemon keyboard plugin to use the new GkbdStatus status icon.
- The GNOME Color Manager gained an experimental user-calibrate wizard, which the user can use when there is no calibration hardward available.
- Empathy has been updated with support for inviting to multi user chats.
- The IM status plugin of Rhythmbox got support for Pidgin, a contribution by Mohamad Elrashidin Sajeli . (GNOME bug 605023)
- Xan Lopez brought back window.close() to Epiphany.
April 12, 2009
This week… 1245 commits, in 160 projects, by 183 happy hackers (and 277 were translation commits).
- The 3.0 platform cleaning plan was announced and already beared a lot of results : baobab, hamster-applet, gcalctool and glchess got ported to GtkBuilder; brasero, the toolbar editor in libegg and yelp got rid of their glib and GTK+ deprecated symbols; gnome-mag migrated to gio/gvfs; and eog incorporated all it needef rom libart_lgpl, thus removing its dependency (GNOME bug 577940, GNOME bug 578219, GNOME bug 571868, GNOME bug 578304, GNOME bug 517732, GNOME bug 573023, GNOME bug 556808 and GNOME bug 556807, at least).
- Also Matthew Barnes killed the deprecated html-editor component from gtkhtml2, getting rid of bonobo (GNOME bug 571743).
- Several gnome-games (aisleriot, gnibbles, mahjongg, and iagno) were updated to use g_timeout_add_seconds where sensible . (GNOME bug 564202).
- Vincent Untz improved his gnome-session patch, and commited the fix so that reboot and shutdown also leave the session properly, by letting apps exist before doing the real reboot/shutdown.
- The GVFS FTP backend saw several fixes (including GNOME bug 520399, GNOME bug 573349).
- Ignacio Casal Quinteiro added source code completion to GtkSourceView.
- pygtk was changed to use numpy instead of Numeric, that was no longer maintained (GNOME bug 387544).
- Empathy added a new presence selector widget, that incorporates a text field for quick setting of custom messages (GNOME bug 569449).