August 1, 2010
This week… 1817 commits, in 202 projects, by 221 happy hackers (and 396 were translation commits).
- In the ongoing transitions emerillon has been ported to GSettings, while evolution, evolution-data-server, and brasero have been ported to GDBus (GNOME bug 622884 and others).
- Also glibmm gained a wrapper for GApplication, and gtkmm another one for GtkApplication.
- Mike Gorse added thread safety around main loop invocations in PyGTK.
- Eye of GNOME got a settings conversion file, to migrate configuration from GConf to GSettings.
- Jonh Wendell ported Vinagre to use libpeas for its plugins.
- And a basic support for plugin dependencies has been added to libpeas.
- Cheese effect preview elements have been changed to be constructed on-demand, rather than at startup, which has a great effect on startup performance.
- Matthias Clasen improved a lot the coverage of unit tests in GLib.
- Michael Natterer started porting various bits of Gimp from drawing with GDK to drawing with Cairo.
- Paolo Borelli made a first cut at a fonts panel for gnome control center 3.0, at the moment a straight port of the fonts tab of the current appearance preferences dialog.
- In Gnumeric Jean Brefort added support for importing old Guppi graphs from gnumeric 1.0 files.
- Nate Stedman added support for shapes and backgrounds to Ease.
- In Vala Michael Terry added support for the new bytestring GVariant (GNOME bug 624986)
- Last but not least Cosimo Cecchi removed the backgrounds/emblems feature in Nautilus.
- As for GSoC students, many were at GUADEC and you should really watch the recorded GSoC lightning talks session once it’s made available…
July 18, 2010
This week… 3273 commits, in 181 projects, by 295 happy hackers (and 427 were translation commits).
- Toms Bauģis added to hamster he possibility to click on a time bar in the overview to get to the detailed day view . (GNOME bug 623872)
- The Bastard Mode option of Quadrapassel has been renamed to “choose difficult blocks”, but it’s still a real bastard.
- Fernando Herrera added Mallard documentation to Dots, the interactive braille transcribing application.
- The calendar backend in evolution-mapi has been made fully asynchronous.
- Thomas Wood added region and city comboboxes to the new date and time control center panel.
- Aleksander Morgado contributed a feature to enable or disable selected books in devhelp . (GNOME bug 619202)
- Nate Stedman replaced the system() call by the usage of libarchive when saving documents in Ease.
- GThumb has been updated to preserve the EXIF data after lossless rotations.
- Vinagre has been migrated to GtkApplication . (GNOME bug 596733)
- Arx Cruz added a new password dialog to Zenity.
- The three-point-oh branch of cheese has been merged, rewriting Cheese in Vala and making advantage of Clutter.
- Paolo Bacchilega ported file-roller to use GSettings.
- Seed has been updated to build against the gtk 2 or gtk 3 versions of WebKit, at user choice.
- John Stowers created a gtk-3.0 branch of pygtk, to prepare a pygtk version that, while not based on gobject introspection, would still be a step towards GNOME 3.
- Aaron Bockover changed the Amazon proxy URIs of Banshee to some supporting geo-IP redirection, redirecting users to the Amazon stores appropriate for their countries.
- Benjamin Otte has been working hard on the “rendering-cleanup” branch of GTK+ 3, chopping much of the old drawing system, where cairo usage is more appropriate now.
- In GSOC land, Dragos Dena finished the snippets editor for Anjuta, Jamie Nicol almost finished implementing Last.fm radio playback in Rhythmbox, Luca Invernizzi completed the couchdb backend of Getting Things GNOME, and others also worked, of course…
April 12, 2009
This week… 1245 commits, in 160 projects, by 183 happy hackers (and 277 were translation commits).
- The 3.0 platform cleaning plan was announced and already beared a lot of results : baobab, hamster-applet, gcalctool and glchess got ported to GtkBuilder; brasero, the toolbar editor in libegg and yelp got rid of their glib and GTK+ deprecated symbols; gnome-mag migrated to gio/gvfs; and eog incorporated all it needef rom libart_lgpl, thus removing its dependency (GNOME bug 577940, GNOME bug 578219, GNOME bug 571868, GNOME bug 578304, GNOME bug 517732, GNOME bug 573023, GNOME bug 556808 and GNOME bug 556807, at least).
- Also Matthew Barnes killed the deprecated html-editor component from gtkhtml2, getting rid of bonobo (GNOME bug 571743).
- Several gnome-games (aisleriot, gnibbles, mahjongg, and iagno) were updated to use g_timeout_add_seconds where sensible . (GNOME bug 564202).
- Vincent Untz improved his gnome-session patch, and commited the fix so that reboot and shutdown also leave the session properly, by letting apps exist before doing the real reboot/shutdown.
- The GVFS FTP backend saw several fixes (including GNOME bug 520399, GNOME bug 573349).
- Ignacio Casal Quinteiro added source code completion to GtkSourceView.
- pygtk was changed to use numpy instead of Numeric, that was no longer maintained (GNOME bug 387544).
- Empathy added a new presence selector widget, that incorporates a text field for quick setting of custom messages (GNOME bug 569449).