April 12, 2009
This week… 1245 commits, in 160 projects, by 183 happy hackers (and 277 were translation commits).
- The 3.0 platform cleaning plan was announced and already beared a lot of results : baobab, hamster-applet, gcalctool and glchess got ported to GtkBuilder; brasero, the toolbar editor in libegg and yelp got rid of their glib and GTK+ deprecated symbols; gnome-mag migrated to gio/gvfs; and eog incorporated all it needef rom libart_lgpl, thus removing its dependency (GNOME bug 577940, GNOME bug 578219, GNOME bug 571868, GNOME bug 578304, GNOME bug 517732, GNOME bug 573023, GNOME bug 556808 and GNOME bug 556807, at least).
- Also Matthew Barnes killed the deprecated html-editor component from gtkhtml2, getting rid of bonobo (GNOME bug 571743).
- Several gnome-games (aisleriot, gnibbles, mahjongg, and iagno) were updated to use g_timeout_add_seconds where sensible . (GNOME bug 564202).
- Vincent Untz improved his gnome-session patch, and commited the fix so that reboot and shutdown also leave the session properly, by letting apps exist before doing the real reboot/shutdown.
- The GVFS FTP backend saw several fixes (including GNOME bug 520399, GNOME bug 573349).
- Ignacio Casal Quinteiro added source code completion to GtkSourceView.
- pygtk was changed to use numpy instead of Numeric, that was no longer maintained (GNOME bug 387544).
- Empathy added a new presence selector widget, that incorporates a text field for quick setting of custom messages (GNOME bug 569449).
December 14, 2008
This week… 1123 commits, in 144 projects, by 154 happy hackers (and 120 were translation commits).
- Ted Gould posted about gtk_timeout_add_seconds and a few modules (anjuta, ekiga, totem, libbonobo, libegg, brasero) already got fixes.
- Niepce Digital got imported in subversion repository.
- Xan Lopez added support for the WebKit web inspector in Epiphany (and Robert Carr did the same thing for seed minibrowser).
- Vincent Untz got back hacking on gnome-panel, removal of libgnomeui and deprecated API usage, single include, bug fixes and stuff.
- vino added correct support for IPv4 mapped IPv6, and added a new feature to able to set the network interface to listen on (GNOME bug 403183).
- gvfs got a new trash backend written by Ryan Lortie.
- Nautilus gained the possibility to call PackageKit to install applications for for unsupported mime types.
- German Poo-Caamano gave some love to gnome-nettool (portability fixes, better accessibility support, and other fixes and enhancements).
- gtkhtml got improved smileys (toolbar to insert them, obedience to the icon naming specification; screenshots are available in GNOME bug 563841.
- Also, Przemysław Grzegorczyk wrote a lot of patches to clean up GLib and GTK+ includes, see GNOME bug 563413. This earned him a Subversion account.