June 6, 2010
This week… 1883 commits, in 194 projects, by 225 happy hackers (and 372 were translation commits).
- Christian Persch added a backend using GDBus to libunique (GNOME bug 618723).
- In the same vain both libbonobo and nautilus have been ported to use GDBus.
- In another important transition Richard Hughes ported gnome-packagekit and gnome-power-manager to GSettings.
- Maxim Ermilov modified GNOME Shell app view to have sections, based on the categories from desktop files . (GNOME bug 614131)
- John Palmieri added the gtk-demo app, and a couple of demos, to the the pygi repository.
- Per-line staging and unstaging has been made possibile in the gitg git frontend.
- Robert Carr added a theme chooser, and several themes, to his Glide presentation tool.
- In the Ease presentation tool Nate Stedman added transition previews in the inspector.
- Evolution-data-server got the necessary code to connect via a SOCKS4 proxy.
- Yelp got a “Read Later” feature, Shaun McCance wrote about it on his blog: Read It Later With Yelp.
- Ruben Vermeersch worked on the import code of f-spot.
- An initial universal access module and UI has been added to the gnome-control-center by Thomas Wood.
- During his SoC Alex Launi abstracted the context pane logic of Banshee so that the context pane and the now playing area can work independently while sharing the same backend content.
- Yuvi Panga spent his second week replicating most of the UI of Cheese in Vala, making the thumbnail widget work, and implementing a fullscreen mode.
December 14, 2008
This week… 1123 commits, in 144 projects, by 154 happy hackers (and 120 were translation commits).
- Ted Gould posted about gtk_timeout_add_seconds and a few modules (anjuta, ekiga, totem, libbonobo, libegg, brasero) already got fixes.
- Niepce Digital got imported in subversion repository.
- Xan Lopez added support for the WebKit web inspector in Epiphany (and Robert Carr did the same thing for seed minibrowser).
- Vincent Untz got back hacking on gnome-panel, removal of libgnomeui and deprecated API usage, single include, bug fixes and stuff.
- vino added correct support for IPv4 mapped IPv6, and added a new feature to able to set the network interface to listen on (GNOME bug 403183).
- gvfs got a new trash backend written by Ryan Lortie.
- Nautilus gained the possibility to call PackageKit to install applications for for unsupported mime types.
- German Poo-Caamano gave some love to gnome-nettool (portability fixes, better accessibility support, and other fixes and enhancements).
- gtkhtml got improved smileys (toolbar to insert them, obedience to the icon naming specification; screenshots are available in GNOME bug 563841.
- Also, Przemysław Grzegorczyk wrote a lot of patches to clean up GLib and GTK+ includes, see GNOME bug 563413. This earned him a Subversion account.