March 14, 2010
This week… 2144 commits, in 230 projects, by 307 happy hackers (and 681 were translation commits).
- Banshee got a new Youtube extension (GNOME bug 576666).
- Nautilus has been changed to load tracker/beagle at runtime . (GNOME bug 589345)
- Support for GObject introspection has been added to gnome-menus (GNOME bug 598406)
- gnome-settings-daemon got its code to eject removable media rewritten to use gio (instead of spawning the eject command ). (GNOME bug 580779)
- GNOME Shell has been updated to support and require Clutter 1.2 (GNOME bug 610679)
- Yelp, in its yelp-3-0 branch, got a new ocation dropdown, with two-line entries, displaying both title and description. Shaun McCance blogged about this change in More Yelp 3.0 Location Entry.
- David Zeuten added rudimentary support for loop files to GNOME Disk Utility. (screenshot)
- To follow up on the usabiltiy report Empathy was changed to sort contacts by state and to show offline contacts by default (GNOME bug 612338).
- Milan Bouchet-Valat added support for password (un)locking to system-tools-backends.
- Dan Williams modified the network manager applet to handle and show access technology for GSM connections (GSM, GPRS, UMTS, etc.)
- Evince has been updated to use monitor height instead of screen height to calculate page scale in presentation mode; this fixes the presentation mode in dual head setups . (GNOME bug 608924)
September 13, 2009
This week… 2529 commits, in 212 projects, by 272 happy hackers (and 838 were translation commits).
- We are approaching the 2.28.0 release and with freezes in place translators are now the heavy contributors, highlights of this week are the Serbian and Catalan teams, increasing their completion status by over five percents, and the Portuguese and Spanish teams, achieving 100% translated strings for the UI.
- A new “Auto DJ” feature has been contributed to Banshee, it will add new randomly selected tracks to the play queue when it gets empty (GNOME bug 565767)
- Kupfer, a simple launcher in the style of Gnome Do, added a new Calculator plugin and a new “Rename To…” action.
- Vincent Untz updated gnome-menus and gnome-panel to work with the new X-GNOME-FullName .desktop key.
- Rygel added support for publishing thumbnails of media items . (GNOME bug 590702)
- Alexander Larsson did some GObject performance work (in the glib gobject-performance branch), improving the speed of instance creation for classes that do not have properties, and the interface lookup algorithm.
- Brasero got a new “introspection” branch where support for gobject introspection is developed.
- The display order of files in Eye of GNOME, that was broken for some locales, has been fixed by Felix Riemann . (GNOME bug 594403)
- The adblock Epiphany extension has been updated to work with Epiphany/webkit, Xan Lopez blogged this and other Epiphany features . (GNOME bug 562762)