January 23, 2011
This week… 2604 commits, in 181 projects, by 266 happy hackers (and 446 were translation commits).
- The screensaver dialog screen has been made a bit more like the mockups by Jon McCann.
- Also the work he did to make gdm more like the plans for GNOME 3 has been merged by Ray Strode.
- Diego Escalante Urrelo started pushing his work for a new Epiphany download manager, in the downloads branch.
- Chandni Verma patched Empathy to display a typing icon alongside contacts in the MUC contact lists . (GNOME bug 609419)
- Jeff Schroeder added support for hiding notes, and notebook template notes, in Snowy.
- Matthias Clasen updated gnome-settings-daemon to use symbolic icons for its On Screen Display . (GNOME bug 639772)
- Paolo Bacchilega added focus stealing prevention code to file-roller . (GNOME bug 318108)
- The Adwaita theme engine has been moved from gtk-theme-engine-clearlooks to gnome-themes-standard.
- A “Generate Patch Series” pane has been added to the git plugin of Anjuta, by James Liggett.
- Marek Kašík added an initial implementation of a Printers panel to the control center.
- Pierre Wieser migrated nautilus-actions from GConf to GSettings.
- A new histogram view has been added to the sidebar of gthumb.
- David Zeuthen finished the port of gnome-disk-utility to GTK+ 3.
- The screencast recorded built in GNOME Shell has been switched to webm by Adel Gadllah . (GNOME bug 632595)
- Also in GNOME Shell Maxim Ermilov added the ability to extend a search to the web, using OpenSearch to define the search engines . (GNOME bug 623708)
July 19, 2009
This week… 1954 commits, in 172 projects, by 279 happy hackers (and 293 were translation commits).
- Amitakhya Phukan added Assamese translations to a bunch of modules.
- Pierre Wieser rewrote much of the foundations of nautilus-actions, and ported to GtkBuilder along the way.
- Along the same line Felix Riemann removed the last bit of libglade from gnome-settings-daemon (GNOME bug 582502); Jaap Haitsma ported gnome-nettool (GNOME bug 580149), Christopher Taylor did gnome-screensaver (GNOME bug 463010), and Javier Jardón migrated the GTK+ wizard of Anjuta.
- A target to generate PDF files have been added to gtk-doc exposed targets.
- Several release team scripts, and jhbuild, have added support for SHA-256, to replace MD5 checksums with a better hashing algorithm.
- Thanks to Thibault Saunier, libgdata gained support for the Google Documents service (GNOME bug 587073); this is an important step in his Nautilus: Add support to Google docs for GNOME GSOC.
- Evolution got a rewrite of its calendar cache, backends will be migrating to it after some more testing.
- Working on GtkTreeView performances Benjamin Otte looked at Epiphany location bar and changed it to set a fixed width on its cell renderer.
- Murray Cumming published a toolpalette branch for GTK+, implementing a new tool palette container widget, with groups of toolbar items that can be shown as a grid of icons or a list of names (GNOME bug 567729).
- Also in GTK+ Michael Natterer added a bunch of API to access sealed flags or members, as they are necessary for applications to port applications to a GSEAL-enabled GTK+.
- Banshee added support for WebOS, used in the Palm Pre (GNOME bug 585112).
- Ray Strode ported the GDM greeter to PolicyKit 1.0, and made it so, that in case of duplicated names, it appends the username to differentiate the entries.
- After discussing the matter with designers at GUADEC, William Jon McCann patched libgnome to disable icons on menu items and buttons (GNOME bug 583352, GNOME bug 557469); guidelines on the proper usage of icons should now be published.