June 27, 2010
This week… 2629 commits, in 209 projects, by 282 happy hackers (and 315 were translation commits).
- GSettings ports again, nautilus-sendto, gcalctool were both switched this week to use GSettings. nautilus-sendto has also been ported to GTK+ 3.0, and Rygel as well.
- OpenID support has been added to Snowy, the web companion of Tomboy.
- Daniel P. Berrange added support for colourmap based pixel formats to gtk-vnc, his patch implements full support for rendering from colourmaps, this should improve performances in low bandwidth situations.
- The notification-daemon got support for multiple screens and monitor changes (GNOME bug 622552)
- Christian Persch ported the SVGZ support in librsvg so it can use GZlibDecompressor instead of libgsf . (GNOME bug 621699)
- Damon Chaplin worked quite a lot on a new API for goocanvas, in the new-api branch of goocanvas…
- GNOME Shell got support for icon buttons in notifications, thanks to Matt Novenstern . (GNOME bug 621014)
- Morten Welinder fixed the excessive memory usage of gnumeric related to column styles when reading xslx files . (GNOME bug 622365)
- Michael J. Chudobiak switched the documentation of gthumb to Mallard.
- In Empathy support for importing old Missing Control 4 accounts has been removed.
- Bastien Nocera ported the sound preferences dialog to be a panel in the new control center; and Richard Hughes ported the preferences dialog of GNOME PackageKit.
- The GNOME Panel got support for gobject-introspection, for its panel applet library . (GNOME bug 622341)
- In Vinagre Jonh Wendell implemented the “take screenshot” command for the SSH connections.
- In the land of GSOC students Jamie Nicol finished off the profile view (screenshot), Stéphane Maniaci added some informations about the photos imported from Flickr (titles, descriptions, authors), Michel Hruby started a Totem plugin to allow searching for recent media, and other students were also hard at work.
October 4, 2009
This week… 2015 commits, in 171 projects, by 239 happy hackers (and 242 were translation commits).
- Robin Sonefors contributed a prime factorization function to gcalctool (GNOME bug 563217).
- Evolution got rid of all the deprecated GTK+ symbols it used (GNOME bug 572348).
- Pascal Terjan ported the Pidgin nautilus-sendto plugin to use Pidgin D-Bus API (GNOME bug 597039).
- GNOME Shell added a calendar pop-down to the clock (GNOME bug 596432).
- Sound Juicer has been converted to use the Inhibit interface from gnome-session (GNOME bug 596570).
- Vinagre got configurable depth support (in the “depth” branch, to be merged once a new gtk-vnc release gets out ). (GNOME bug 485204)
- Thanks to the efficient scrollback store in vte 0.22 Christian Persch added support for unlimited scrollback to gnome-terminal.
- Nautilus gained a checkbox for not assocating a filetype on open with . (GNOME bug 92497)
- Ryan Lortie commited GSettings property binding support and a GValue serialiser into the gsettings glib branch.
- Empathy fixed its handling of fallback HTML files in Adium themes . (GNOME bug 596303)
January 11, 2009
This week… 1992 commits, in 182 projects, by 186 happy hackers (and 349 were translation commits).
- Lucas Rocha set his eyes on gnome-session, and started fixing bugs introduced in the 2.24 rewrite.
- A library, libbrasero-media, got extracted out of brasero, Philippe Rouquier tells more about it on desktop-devel-list.
- Lightsoff, which was started as an example shipped in the Seed module, has been imported in gnome-games.
- File Roller and Eye of GNOME removed their dependencies and libgnome and libgnomeui; and Anjuta removed its dependency on gnomevfs.
- GVFS got its SMB browsing authentication support much improved (GNOME bug 524485).
- Cosimo Cecchi added sound events support in Empathy (via libcanberra).
- In gnome-keyring-daemon, the new modular SSH agent has been integrated as the main SSH agent.
- Ignacio Casal Quinteiro added a new fullscreen mode to gedit, with a sliding toolbar . (GNOME bug 520749)
- A new plugin was added to nautilus-sendto, to send files over IM via Empathy.
December 21, 2008
This week… 1540 commits, in 182 projects, by 162 happy hackers (and 229 were translation commits).
- Most important, ORBit2 stopped calling g_thread_init() to accomodate the sensitiveness of Microsoft Windows and will display a warning if it was not previously called, this will need changes in a lot of places . (GNOME bug 547885)
- Jürg Billeter fixed lots of bugs in vala, applied patches, and generally enhanced things (notably the D-Bus server was rewritten to directly use libdbus, without dbus-glib marshalling) and released 0.5.3.
- Vala-related, Stefan Walter removed last vala traces from seahorse.
- The libgnomeui dependency was removed from the brightness and inhibit applets, NetworkManager OpenVPN and PPTP support, and libgnome usage was removed from the dictionary applet.
- Alexander Larsson merged eel into nautilus and eel usage was consequently removed from nautilus-cd-burner and brasero.
- Empathy got autocompletion of contact names in its “new message” dialog box . (GNOME bug 552296)
- Patrick Welche updated Dasher from gnome-vfs to gvfs.
- g_timeout_add_seconds replaced g_timeout_add in several new places: in nautilus-sendto, gnome-power-manager, gedit, gnome-games, seahorse.
- The AAC profile, as defined in gnome-media, and used by applications such as Sound Juicer and gnome-sound-recoreder, switched to LC-AAC profile . (GNOME bug 498617)