January 22, 2012
This week… 1964 commits, in 174 projects, by 203 happy hackers (and 247 were translation commits).
- Maciej Piechotka added a ArrayQueue data structure to libgee.
- Patches from Christophe Fergeau to port sound-juicer to musicbrainz4 have landed at last.
- In Banshee Andrés Aragoneses split RockBox support co into its own class.
- Krzesimir Nowak changed rygel to append extensions to served files.
- Bastien Nocera added support for pairing the iCade into gnome-bluetooth.
- Shaun McCance improved Yelp by making Mallard documents auto-reload on changes.
- In Tomboy Aaron Borden fixed template syncing . (GNOME bug 665679)
- In gnome-contacts Alexander Larsson added support for changing the primary address book.
- Zeeshan Ali changed gnome-boxes to add devices based on what is supported by the OS; the information about device support comes from libosinfo . (GNOME bug 666739)
- Matthias Clasen added optional systemd support to gnome-packagekit, to make it use systemd instead of ConsoleKit for rebooting . (GNOME bug 666788)
- Joseph Scheuhammer contributed a dialog for zoom options into the universal access control center panel . (GNOME bug 643086)
- David Zeuthen merged his udisks2 port of gnome-disk-utility.
- In GLib Dan Winship added multicast-related functions to GSocket . (GNOME bug 626589)
- Alexia Death added axis labels to dynamics curves and curveview in Gimp.
- Patricia Santana Cruz added videos and picture sharing support, via nautilus-sendto, to Cheese . (GNOME bug 522210)
October 31, 2010
This week… 2425 commits, in 224 projects, by 227 happy hackers (and 516 were translation commits).
- Shaun McCance merged the new desktop help that was being written in a Gitorious repository by Phil Bull and others into the gnome-user-docs module.
- Daniel P. Berrange removed the server side framebuffer cached in a GdkPixmap in gtk-vnc, as the client side was changed to use a cairo image surface.
- Giovanni Campagna completed a library for exposing required parts of gnome-bluetooth to GNOME Shell.
- Totem has been ported to the new GApplication API.
- Some initial Mallard pages have been added by Mario Blätterman to pybibliographer.
- Gabriel Burt updated banshee to show episodes in a grid view.
- Viven Malerba optimized virtual tables usage in libgda.
- Jim Evins added support for elliptical labels to the template designer in glabels.
- Support for monotonic time has been added to glib by Ryan Lortie. He also commited (untested) support for GApplication actions.
- In notification-daemon Jon McCann added a notification box class that updates in place . (GNOME bug 633457)
June 20, 2010
This week… 2299 commits, in 199 projects, by 257 happy hackers (and 362 were translation commits).
- This week again a few modules were ported to gsettings, this is the case for GNOME Shell, Brasero, Empathy and the GNOME Bluetooth nautilus-sendto plugin.
- girparser, from gobject-introspection, got support for an introspectable=no attribute, to replace the hackish pre-filter for varargs with a much more generic mechanism . (GNOME bug 621570)
- Robert Ancell made dconf-editor understand and display configuration schemas.
- Jonh Wendell added the possibility to specifiy an alternative ssh port when doing tunnels in Vinagre . (GNOME bug 621809)
- Matthias Clasen ported accounts-dialog to be a control-center panel, this is done in the control-center-panel branch.
- Maxim Ermilov added animated display of startup notifications to GNOME Shell . (GNOME bug 598349)
- Totem has been ported to the new libpeas for plugin handling . (GNOME bug 604830)
- Garrett Regier added support for gobject introspection to gedit (GNOME bug 621549)
- F-Spot has been switched to use bilinear scaling for thumbnails . (GNOME bug 621881)
- Stef Walter fixed a deadlock on secure memory usage in gnome-keyring.
- Around the Summer of Code projects, Stéphane Maniaci added a basic flickr fetcher to ease, to grab pictures from flickr, Luca Invernizzi added a new two-way synchronization engine to Getting Things GNOME, Alexander Saprykin implemented GIO async read/write support to his totem chapter plugin, and other students also did much work…
April 25, 2010
This week… 1978 commits, in 233 projects, by 242 happy hackers (and 492 were translation commits).
- Support for animated images (GNOME bug 335093) and scaling of SVG images (GNOME bug 108435) have been added to eog.
- Many patches from Quentin Sculo have been applied to perl-Gtk2, bringing support for new widgets and methods the GTK+ Perl binding.
- Much work continued to happen with regards to gsettings, Matthias Clasen for example added gsettings-tools, a command line tool equivalent to gconftool . (GNOME bug 616313)
- Ignacio Casal Quinteiro created a gsettings branch to hold the port of gedit to GSettings.
- In the same vein, Bastien Nocera ported gnome-bluetooth, and Milan Bouchet-Valat ported gnome-system-tools, and Shaun McCance ported yelp.
- Ray Strode added a smartcard plugin to gnome-settings-daemon, it listens for smartcard insertion and removal events and then locks the screen or forces a log out (depending on gconf) when the card used for login is removed.
- Lucien Langa added correct handling of the RSS media extension to evolution-rss, making it possible to download enclosures.
- Łukasz Jernaś started writing the Giggle documentation using Mallard.
- Jean Brefort implemented graph only sheets into Gnumeric . (GNOME bug 158170)
March 29, 2009
This week… 1396 commits, in 196 projects, by 161 happy hackers (and 354 were translation commits).
- Vincent Untz commited his changes to session management (GNOME bug 552387).
- gnome-disk-utility has been ported to the new DeviceKit-disks, that uses libatasmart.
- Rhythmbox switched to using GStreamer decodebin2 instead of decodebin, that fixed playback of chained ogg streams.
- Brasero split into backend (libbrasero-burn) and application was finished, the new library API now needs to be refined.
- gpointing-device-settings got support for tap move and palm detection.
- Sebastian Dröge started porting totem GStreamer backend to playbin2 . (GNOME bug 542663)
- gnome-bluetooth device chooser saw some merging of device types into categories (mice and keyboard in “input devices”, headphones, headsets and others in “audio devices”…), making easier to find a select devices.
- libchamplain added a way to make visible a bunch of markers (GNOME bug 574809) and smooth movement to a new position (GNOME bug 557641).
- Anjal saw many changes, such as working Delete/Junk, a formatting toolbar, and the possibility to open mails in new tabs.
March 1, 2009
This week… 1904 commits, in 187 projects, by 204 happy hackers (and 641 were translation commits).
- British English is the first language to reach 100%, there is now eight languages with over 99% of the UI strings translated, sixteen with over 95%, and 39 over the 80% mark (used to be listed in the release notes).
- There are three new modules in Subversion this week: Gnome Format, a GNOME media formatter, developed by Michael Kanis, gpointing-device-settings, a program for touchpad and trackpad settings, developed by Hiroyuki Ikezoe, and gio-strigi, a GIO wrapper for Strigi, developed by Philip Van Hoof.
- Davyd Madeley started preparing the stage for the 2.26 release notes.
- Following on last week work, Alexander Larsson worked on trusted desktop file launchers in Nautilus.
- Rhythmbox got a D-Bus interface for adding and removing DAAP shares . (GNOME bug 570115)
- GParted added detection of the BRTFS file system.
- David Zeuthen added a –device option to gvfs-mount.
- Support for taking a screenshot of an user-defined selection landed in gnome-screenshot . (GNOME bug 155061, opened in October 2004)
- Lucas Rocha merged his session-saving branch into gnome-session trunk.
- Epiphany (webkit) started using SoupProxyResolverGNOME, so it gets support for GNOME proxy settings through libproxy.
- Bastien Nocera announced the fork of bluez-gnome that is now available in gnome-bluetooth.
- Orca got support for notify-osd (the new Ubuntu notification daemon).