August 30, 2009
This week… 3183 commits, in 208 projects, by 294 happy hackers (and 1032 were translation commits).
- In gnome-disk-utility David Zeuthen landed the new ATA SMART user interface.
- Rhythmbox gained support for downloading cover art from discogs.com and MusicBrainz (GNOME bug 410684).
- The libchamplain map widget gained support for keyboard shortcuts, to navigate and zoom the map . (GNOME bug 582872)
- Ekiga switched to boost for both smart pointers and signals (GNOME bug 575005)
- The “kill-bonobo” branch of Evolution is now the “master” git branch, this marked 45 old bugs as fixed.
- gconf-editor has been ported to PolicyKit 1.0 . (GNOME bug 585596)
- A shutter sound will now be played when taking a screenshot (GNOME bug 592372).
- Gnome Shell improved the way it displays search results, it now has bigger fonts and brighter colour for the headings, and more padding.
- Daniel Elstner worked on the C++ bindings so they could get their API references published on library.gnome.org.
- Jean Bréfort moved gnumeric to use GooCanvas instead of FooCanvas.
- Finally devhelp has been ported to make use of libunique.
July 26, 2009
This week… 1598 commits, in 174 projects, by 230 happy hackers (and 302 were translation commits).
- An example displaying geotagged photos from Flickr has been added to libchamplain.
- A “Share My Desktop” feature has been added to Empathy, it allows a contact to share his desktop over an IM stream . (GNOME bug 589091)
- The mousewheel action on Rhythmbox status icon has been made configurable, it can be made to switch to next/previous tracks, and to modify the audio volume . (GNOME bug 376863)
- Orca has been extended to prepend “mispelled” to the words marked as such in Mozilla text areas . (GNOME bug 588910)
- Anjuta Git support has been modified to show the active branch in the status bar, and to provide “git stash” features in the UI.
- gnome-power-manager removed the CanSuspend and CanHibernate D-Bus methods as there is now a patch available for gnome-session, to make it so it handles them directly via DeviceKit-power.
- Bastien Nocera added profile switching support to the volume control, and blogged about it.
- Zhang Sen, who is working on Telepathy Tubes support for the Sudoku game in his GSOC, added saving and undo/redo support.
- In another GSOC, to create a D-Bus mail service, Ian Marcinkowski commited his IMAP parser.
- GNote added a D-Bus interface mimicking the Tomboy one . (GNOME bug 581030)
- Eye of GNOME gained an option to have the detailed metadata list widget shown on its own notebook page in the properties dialog, so the dialog is smaller and fit on smaller displays . (GNOME bug 566810)
- Finally Matthew Barnes ported gnome-video-arcade from libglade to GtkBuilder, and Felix Riemann converted zenity . (GNOME bug 578393)
June 14, 2009
This week… 1743 commits, in 187 projects, by 195 happy hackers (and 381 were translation commits).
- Alexander Larsson is still working on client side windows in GTK+ and posted a status update.
- A new API to draw routes and lines has been commited to libchamplain . (GNOME bug 572377) (example)
- file-roller has been updated to use new GtkEntry icon support, instead of SexyIconEntry . (GNOME bug 584810)
- gthumb changed from libgphoto to the gphoto gvfs backend . (GNOME bug 583796)
- The gnio rewrite of gvfs FTP support made it so idn/punycode is now supported . (GNOME bug 567871)
- libgnomekbd switched to use single GTK+ includes . (GNOME bug 563629)
- The Hamster applet got the possibility to export reports to CSV . (GNOME bug 549604)
- Support for Adium themes (using WebKit) has been merged in Empathy. Various themes were already tested, and they are listed, with known issues on awiki page (GNOME bug 522069)
- Banshee gained a weighted random mode, to play highest rated songs more often . (GNOME bug 544680)
- Telepathy “tubes” support landed in vino, allowing to share the desktop with Empathy contacts . (GNOME bug 584840)
- Many of the patches Milan Bouchet-Valat created with regards to GTK+ file chooser issues were finally applied.
April 19, 2009
This week… 1889 commits, in 207 projects, by 235 happy hackers (and 407 were translation commits).
- The Git migration happened, and 84 commits were about doap files, and 44 about .gitignore files.
- gnome-netstatus, empathy and gnome-dictionary (from gnome-utils , GNOME bug 577943) all switched to GtkBuilder.
- libgdata added support for ETags, to allow for versioning when querying, updating and deleting entries . (GNOME bug 578661)
- A new plugin has been added to eog, to order images randomly in slideshow mode . (GNOME bug 562135)
- Libchamplain got support for more advanced markers, allowing to set many properties on markers, allowing features such as attached image or text and how if should be displayed (wrapped, ellipsized, etc .). (GNOME bug 576055)
- Matthew Barnes updated gnome-video-arcade to make game play back work again with recent MAME releases.
- Sabayon was updated to use Xephyr instead of Xnest.
- Xan Lopez fixed backwards search in Epiphany Find Toolbar.
- Empathy got a new “join chatroom” dialog, which will only load the room list when the rooms are displayed.
- Seed imports system was changed to match the one in gjs, making it easier to port applications between them. Robert Carr posted details in some Seed updated.
March 29, 2009
This week… 1396 commits, in 196 projects, by 161 happy hackers (and 354 were translation commits).
- Vincent Untz commited his changes to session management (GNOME bug 552387).
- gnome-disk-utility has been ported to the new DeviceKit-disks, that uses libatasmart.
- Rhythmbox switched to using GStreamer decodebin2 instead of decodebin, that fixed playback of chained ogg streams.
- Brasero split into backend (libbrasero-burn) and application was finished, the new library API now needs to be refined.
- gpointing-device-settings got support for tap move and palm detection.
- Sebastian Dröge started porting totem GStreamer backend to playbin2 . (GNOME bug 542663)
- gnome-bluetooth device chooser saw some merging of device types into categories (mice and keyboard in “input devices”, headphones, headsets and others in “audio devices”…), making easier to find a select devices.
- libchamplain added a way to make visible a bunch of markers (GNOME bug 574809) and smooth movement to a new position (GNOME bug 557641).
- Anjal saw many changes, such as working Delete/Junk, a formatting toolbar, and the possibility to open mails in new tabs.