March 20, 2011
This week… 3142 commits, in 211 projects, by 294 happy hackers (and 1113 were translation commits).
- Translators were all hard at work, with more than one thousand commits this week.
- John Stowers pushed his GNOME Tweak Tool to the GNOME Git server.
- Mutter was changed to provide a single library, combining both libmutter-wm and libmutter-private . (GNOME bug 644565)
- Colin Walters added a “fail whale” dialog in gnome-session, to be shown on component failures; the name comes from Twitter error pages . (GNOME bug 642497)
- The same Colin Walters also rewrote a11y bus management in at-spi2-core, so it doesn’t fall back to the session bus . (GNOME bug 644851)
- Cosimo Cecchi added a first iteration of a dark variant of the Adwaita theme, in gnome-themes-standard.
- In libsoup Dan Winship implemented a GNOME proxy backend using te network proxy settings from gsettings-desktop-schemas, for automatic proxy configuration it uses the D-Bus service provided by the libproxy plugin . (GNOME bug 644211)
- Shaun McCance added mouseovers on topic links of Mallard documents, in yelp-xsl.
- In gnome-devel-docs Johannes Schmid updated or added guitar tuner demos in different languages.
- And also at the documentation hackfest many pages were written for the user help, by all participants.
- Claude Paroz added support for “reduced stats” in damned-lies, making it possible to have statistics on “important” strings, for example it currently excludes schema strings.
- Jan Danielsson added support for the Fossil Source Control Management to Meld . (GNOME bug 644811)
- Richard Hugues updated the screenshot tool in gnome-utils to save the screen ICC profile in the screenshot.
- Bastien Nocera implemented touchpad motion settings in the mouse plugin for gnome-settings-daemon . (GNOME bug 642474)
August 22, 2010
This week… 2759 commits, in 181 projects, by 258 happy hackers (and 486 were translation commits).
- Peter Tyser added to Meld the ability to check if version control repository are valid.
- Christian Persch ported libgconf-2 to GDbus, this makes libgconf-2 not link to libdbus anymore, which means libgconf-2 is LGPL2+ again . (GNOME bug 618039)
- Tor-björn Claesson made it possible to register new search providers for the GNOME Shell dash.
- Paul Cutler added Mallard snippets to the gedit snippets plugin.
- Also in the Mallard vicinity Claude Paroz updated Damned Lies to display a special icon next to documentation in the Mallard format.
- Håkon Enger added support for Mac OS VNC authentifcation to gtk-vnc.
- The Murrine engine got support for theming new widgets: GtkIconView and GtkInfoBar.
- Jiří Techet changed the double click behaviour of libchamplain, it will now zoom and center to the clicked area . (GNOME bug 605784)
- Support for importing ODF graphs into Gnumeric continues to improve thanks to Andreas J. Guelzow . (GNOME bug 626961 for example)
- Carlos Garcia Campos merged his port of gnome-applets to the new libpanel-applet API.
- Nicolas Dufresne work on proxy support in GLib has been merged.
- Empathy new “linking contacts” dialog continues to be improved; also it is now possible to disable logging . (GNOME bug 567858)
- Nate Stedman added support for embedding PDF documents in Ease.
- Summer of Code has ended, there is a summary of all projects, the snippets manager plugin written by Dragos Dena has been merged in Anjuta, and a few last updates were posted, Salomon Sicket on TaskView, Pēteris Krišjānis on recording VoIP in Jokosher, and Matt Novenstern who worked on the Message Tray.
January 4, 2009
This week… 1171 commits, in 146 projects, by 141 happy hackers (and 236 were translation commits).
- gedit got an internal message bus to let its plugins communicate.
- Epiphany updated from its own EphySearchEntry and EphyIconEntry to GtkEntry, it also uses the new “progress in entry” support to draw progress in the location bar.
- gconftool got a new –toggle option, to toggle a boolean key.
- gossip removed libgnomeui and libgnomevfs, and started to use libcanberra-gtk for sound support.
- Jonathan Matthew added some basic window management effects to gnome-shell . (GNOME bug 563844)
- A new version of l10n.gnome.org (damned-lies) went live, merging in the Vertimus translation tool that was already used by some teams. (announce).
- A low diskspace checker has been added to the housekeeping plugin of gnome-settings-daemon . (GNOME bug 557647)
- gnome-build that was a standalone module but only used by anjuta has been merged in anjuta.
- GtkEntry Caps Lock warning mode switched to using an icon.
- seed got a 0.3 (and 0.3.1) release and Robert Carr sent a summary of what happened since 0.1.
October 26, 2008
This week… 1938 commits, in 197 projects, by 203 happy hackers (and 378 were translation commits).
The libgnome-removal quest continues this week with Thomas H.P. Andersen nailing it down in several games (gnometris, gnotravex, gnotski and iagno) and Cosima Cecchi killing it off baobab. While at it Thomas also updated gnometris from gnome-vfs to gio; and speaking of games Jason Clinton and Christian Persh hacked on the new Clutter-based aisleriot. GDM gained back real automatic and timed login. Gnome Power Manager switched to use libcanberra and the sound theme rather than shipping its own sounds and directly using GStreamer. On the translators front, Djihed Afifi commited lots of updates from the Arabic team and Stéphane Raimbault and Claude Paroz started hacking on a Django-based port of Damned Lies, the site that offers l10n.gnome.org.