October 11, 2009
This week… 1940 commits, in 179 projects, by 246 happy hackers (and 367 were translation commits).
- Nautilus gained a “copy anyway” option in the error dialog it displays when there is not enough space on the destination . (GNOME bug 324361)
- Richard Hugues probably added Super Cow Powers to gnome-packagekit, carefully hiding this fact in 50 commits with “Moo”, or a slight variation, as commit message.
- Ryan Lortie merged the various dconf* utilities in a single “dconf” tool, also he added API documentation.
- The gtk-2.90 branch was created and saw the removal of many deprecated widgets and functions.
- Devhelp got a new fullscreen mode, mostly thanks to code from gedit.
- In Evolution Matthew Barnes finally got pane size restoration to play nicely with maximised windows . (GNOME bug 593612)
- gok has been migrated to use GtkBuilder instead of libglade . (GNOME bug 582504)
- gvfs has been fixed to display the overwrite dialog when restoring already existing files from trash . (GNOME bug 596618)
- Rhythmbox has been ported to use gnome-session for inhibition support, inhibiting the session to go idle (thus preventing gnome-power-manager from suspending the computer due to inactivity ). (GNOME bug 596573)
- Marina Zhurakhinskaya extented GNOME Shell application search to match on menu categories . (GNOME bug 597153)
May 3, 2009
This week… 2031 commits, in 193 projects, by 245 happy hackers (and 290 were translation commits).
- The App monitoring module landed in gnome-shell, it will be used to provide things like “Recent Apps” ;. (GNOME bug 570899).
- The Evolution external editor plugin has been updated to behave like the kmail equivalent, the normal evolution mail composer is now displayed, and the external editor starts whenever the user types something in the body . (GNOME bug 567145)
- Jody Goldberg improved Gnumeric xlsx format parsing, adding basic support for external references.
- Yelp can now display simple text files . (GNOME bug 565502)
- Passepartout, the revived desktop publishing application, got its internationalisation support completed, making all the diealogs properly translatable.
- Tomboy printing support was rewritten to 1) wrap very long lines and 2) partially render paragraphs at the end of pages.
- Empathy gained a menu entry to display its file transfer manager . (GNOME bug 574626)
- Rhythmbox got support to read cover art embedded in media files (for local files only ). (GNOME bug 345975)
- The GNOME sound recorder saw its libgnome/libgnomeui dependency removed . (GNOME bug 567310)
- Davyd Madeley rebased David Zeuthen resolution independance private git-svn branch against the real GTK+ repository, and published it into a new “resolution-independence” branch.
- Finally, deprecated GTK+ symbols were removed from a bunch of modules: vino, gnome-system-tools, gok and gnome-media/grecord.
April 5, 2009
This week… 1520 commits, in 164 projects, by 160 happy hackers (and 180 were translation commits).
- GTK+ and glib switched to git.gnome.org; so Alexander Larsson sent in his client-side-windows branch; in the meantime Dan Winship published a glib branch adding GResolver, a glib-ish interface to DNS.
- Gerd Kohlberger migrated gok to libcanberra; it was the last module using esound.
- Anjuta git plugin got checkout support; and the project import wizard has been replaced by a simpler dialog that allows to import directly from a version control system.
- A patch by Simon van der Linden got commited to gnome-terminal, adding a “Leave Fullscreen” menu item (GNOME bug 566335).
- Totem switched from bacon-message-connection to libunique (GNOME bug 162822), also a new D-Bus Service plugin (GNOME bug 576016) and the YouTube plugin was ported to C, using the new libgdata library.
- Matthew Barnes continues his hard work removing bonobo usage from evolution, he finished attachment dragndrop in the composer window.
- Evince fading animations got fixed (the next page was displayed before animation started).
- Empathy was fixed so IRC commands without special support are no longer sent as plaintext . (GNOME bug 577026).
- Rhythmbox improved his support for MTP devices; it now creates album objects on the device when transferring songs, and sends the album art to the device if it supports the JPEG file type.