May 3, 2009
This week… 2031 commits, in 193 projects, by 245 happy hackers (and 290 were translation commits).
- The App monitoring module landed in gnome-shell, it will be used to provide things like “Recent Apps” ;. (GNOME bug 570899).
- The Evolution external editor plugin has been updated to behave like the kmail equivalent, the normal evolution mail composer is now displayed, and the external editor starts whenever the user types something in the body . (GNOME bug 567145)
- Jody Goldberg improved Gnumeric xlsx format parsing, adding basic support for external references.
- Yelp can now display simple text files . (GNOME bug 565502)
- Passepartout, the revived desktop publishing application, got its internationalisation support completed, making all the diealogs properly translatable.
- Tomboy printing support was rewritten to 1) wrap very long lines and 2) partially render paragraphs at the end of pages.
- Empathy gained a menu entry to display its file transfer manager . (GNOME bug 574626)
- Rhythmbox got support to read cover art embedded in media files (for local files only ). (GNOME bug 345975)
- The GNOME sound recorder saw its libgnome/libgnomeui dependency removed . (GNOME bug 567310)
- Davyd Madeley rebased David Zeuthen resolution independance private git-svn branch against the real GTK+ repository, and published it into a new “resolution-independence” branch.
- Finally, deprecated GTK+ symbols were removed from a bunch of modules: vino, gnome-system-tools, gok and gnome-media/grecord.