March 22, 2009
This week… 2594 commits, in 269 projects, by 223 happy hackers (and 993 were translation commits).
- 2.26 got released on Wednesday, and translators worked hard, a special mention for the Maithili and Assamese teams, that improved their percentages by near 20 points.
- An initial backend support for GDB Variable Objects landed in Nemiver.
- Philippe Rouquier started splitting brasero between backend and application.
- The Mini-Commander applet got support for https URL . (GNOME bug 575782)
- Cosimo Cecchi fixed nautilus to spawn its windows on the correct screen, instead of always using the default one . (GNOME bug 555078)
- Epiphany got support for translucent link-message statusbar, ‘Inspired’ from Chrome, will show the link-message in a translucent floating div on the bottom left corner of the web view if the normal statusbar is hidden.
- Cody Russel improved the GTK+ menu theming on Win32, using the new menu styling API, it makes GTK+ looks much better on Windows Vista . (GNOME bug 538840)
- Rhythmbox will now use the new GtkEntry API for the “clear” icon in its search entry, rather than libsexy’s SexyIconEntry; also GnomeHRef usage has been replaced with GtkLinkButton, that removes the libgnome dependency.
- Also the Rhythmbox Jamendo XML parser got rewritten to create database entries in a single pass, rather than creating an intermediate structure and converting that to database entries. This speeds up catalogue loading and reduces memory consumption . (GNOME bug 424423)
- Rygel got transcoding support, from any format (that GStreamer can handle) to
mp3, LPCM and mpeg transport stream.
- In the Murrine GTK+ engine Andrea Cimitan removed shadows from comboboxentry’s button and welcomes any feedback on this.
- Finally two new modules in Subversion this week: Jordi Mas imported Mistelixa, a DVD authoring tool, and Krzesimir Nowak imported libvtemm, C++ bindings to libvte.