January 4, 2009
This week… 1171 commits, in 146 projects, by 141 happy hackers (and 236 were translation commits).
- gedit got an internal message bus to let its plugins communicate.
- Epiphany updated from its own EphySearchEntry and EphyIconEntry to GtkEntry, it also uses the new “progress in entry” support to draw progress in the location bar.
- gconftool got a new –toggle option, to toggle a boolean key.
- gossip removed libgnomeui and libgnomevfs, and started to use libcanberra-gtk for sound support.
- Jonathan Matthew added some basic window management effects to gnome-shell . (GNOME bug 563844)
- A new version of l10n.gnome.org (damned-lies) went live, merging in the Vertimus translation tool that was already used by some teams. (announce).
- A low diskspace checker has been added to the housekeeping plugin of gnome-settings-daemon . (GNOME bug 557647)
- gnome-build that was a standalone module but only used by anjuta has been merged in anjuta.
- GtkEntry Caps Lock warning mode switched to using an icon.
- seed got a 0.3 (and 0.3.1) release and Robert Carr sent a summary of what happened since 0.1.