March 8, 2009
This week… 2186 commits, in 244 projects, by 204 happy hackers (and 804 were translation commits).
- Translators are again working hard; Brazilian Portuguese reached 100%, and there are four languages already at 99.9%. Italian jumped from 95.2% to 99.2% thanks in part to Milo Casagrande getting granted a subversion account (welcome!). Estonian and Tamil both reached the 80% mark, there is now 41 languages over it. Noteworthy is also the Oriya team, that increased its score by six points (that’s more than 2500 strings translated in a single week), now at 59.9%.
- Metacity title bars will now include “(as username)” for windows running as another user; this was discussed in a squib of the day (GNOME bug 549389).
- Alexander Larsson fixed many issues in gvfs and gio.
- Empathy logging support got more robust with the merge of Jonny Lamb log-manager branch . (GNOME bug 538293, GNOME bug 549284)
- A new card set, created by Frederik Elwert and using the Tango style, has been added (in gnome-games-extra-data).
- Epiphany and WebKit/GTK+ are again very active, with for example the addition of basic download support . (GNOME bug 570735)
- In GTK+ the drawing of progress in entries was improved, notably so that the progress is drawn behind icons.
- Brian Cameron added a Sound Theme tab to the old gst-mixer, for people that can’t use PulseAudio; he also applied a few lying patches.
- moserial, a clean serial terminal, got imported in GNOME subversion repository.