October 25, 2009
This week… 1781 commits, in 178 projects, by 250 happy hackers (and 298 were translation commits).
- A fullscreen mode has been added to xchat-gnome (GNOME bug 445638).
- Jonh Wendell added the ability to use JPEG compression (thus lossy encoding) to vinagre . (GNOME bug 573272)
- Evince has been changed to always use a different process for every document.
- Eog got support for animated images, it plays animated images as supported by GdkPixbufAnimation (GNOME bug 335093).
- gnome-pilot was ported to GtkBuilder, and removed most of its usage of libgnomeui.
- Empathy removed its applets (megaphone, nothere) and Python bindings of libempathy and libempathy-gtk, on the premise they were unused and applications should use telepathy-glib, and a future telepathy-gtk, via gobject-introspection.
- Colin Walters updated the GNOME Shell to use a stable ordering for well-known icons in the notification area (volume, battery, network… ;). (GNOME bug 598313)
- Brasero got changed to no longer store some settings with GConf anymore (like window size or position of widgets) but to save and load them using GKeyFile instead.
- Thomas Thurman worked quite a lot on the “cowbell” metacity branch, to allow styling of window borders using CSS, he also posted a status update.
- Ray Strode made DeviceKit-power optional in gdm.
- GNOME Disk Utility got handling of LUKS volumes.
- Martyn Rucell updated the Totem tracker plugin to the new (0.7) tracker API.
- Paolo Bacchilega added PackageKit support to File Roller, so it will now prompt for new packages when opening archives that require an uninstalled tool.
|Ray Strode||159||gdm, metacity|
|Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)||48||rygel|
|Matthew Barnes||34||evolution, gtkhtml, evolution-data-server and others|