October 11, 2009
This week… 1940 commits, in 179 projects, by 246 happy hackers (and 367 were translation commits).
- Nautilus gained a “copy anyway” option in the error dialog it displays when there is not enough space on the destination . (GNOME bug 324361)
- Richard Hugues probably added Super Cow Powers to gnome-packagekit, carefully hiding this fact in 50 commits with “Moo”, or a slight variation, as commit message.
- Ryan Lortie merged the various dconf* utilities in a single “dconf” tool, also he added API documentation.
- The gtk-2.90 branch was created and saw the removal of many deprecated widgets and functions.
- Devhelp got a new fullscreen mode, mostly thanks to code from gedit.
- In Evolution Matthew Barnes finally got pane size restoration to play nicely with maximised windows . (GNOME bug 593612)
- gok has been migrated to use GtkBuilder instead of libglade . (GNOME bug 582504)
- gvfs has been fixed to display the overwrite dialog when restoring already existing files from trash . (GNOME bug 596618)
- Rhythmbox has been ported to use gnome-session for inhibition support, inhibiting the session to go idle (thus preventing gnome-power-manager from suspending the computer due to inactivity ). (GNOME bug 596573)
- Marina Zhurakhinskaya extented GNOME Shell application search to match on menu categories . (GNOME bug 597153)
September 20, 2009
This week… 2699 commits, in 227 projects, by 271 happy hackers (and 1213 were translation commits).
- This is the week before the 2.28.0 and translators are working like crazy, Maithili support literally jumped from 43% to 55%, Asturian also jumped, progressing of 8 points; Galician, German and Hungarian all reached 100% of UI strings translated.
- Brasero got event sound support, sounds will be played when a CD finished burning . (GNOME bug 594954)
- A new WebSharing extension has been added to F-Spot.
- Ryan Lortie added a D-Bus service for dconf (GNOME bug 595479).
- Epiphany gained back its context menu, thanks to the new WebKitHitTestResult support in WebKit.
- Nemiver gained support for editing breakpoint condition.
- Evolution got rid of its dependency on libgnome and libgnomeui, Matthew Barnes blogged on how Evolution is now 100% Bonobo free . (GNOME bug 567283)
- Screen locking on suspend or hibernate has been fixed in gnome-session (GNOME bug 595154)
- XChat-GNOME got an option to hide its statusbar (GNOME bug 524030).
- GNOME Shell has been updated to make the run dialog and “looking glass” debug console work in the overview . (GNOME bug 595116)
- David Zeuthen added GObject introspection support to PolkitGtk.