June 7, 2009
This week… 1950 commits, in 167 projects, by 242 happy hackers (and 218 were translation commits).
- Banshee gained a “shuffle by album” option (GNOME bug 348582)
- Support for publishing geolocation information has been merged into Empathy (GNOME bug 571666)
- Milan Crha added a folder emblem to show new mail arrivals to Evolution (GNOME bug 323037); also Evolution dropped support for CDE (GNOME bug 582939).
- Support for the JPEG 2000 image format has been added to Gimp (GNOME bug 111409)
- GTK+ gained a new GtkInfoBar widget, similar to GeditMessageArea and similar widgets in Firefox. Its API is inspired by GtkDialog, with a content area and an action area. The message area uses symbolic colors for different background colors for warnings, errors, informational messages, etc . (GNOME bug 555344)
- Rhythmbox track change notification bubbles gained a “Skip” button (GNOME bug 331272)
- Shaun McCance created a new “mallard” branch for Yelp, to add support for the new Mallard document format.
- Christian Persch made a few HIG improvements to the NetworkManager connection editor (GNOME bug 584223)
- JHBuild GUI was rewritten to be totally awesome (and to not require libglade).
- PyBank, the bindings for GIRepository, got handling of structs as return values.
- Most importantly, Anjuta splash screen got rewritten from the obsolete libgnomecanvas to straight cairo (GNOME bug 571740).