February 14, 2010
This week… 2149 commits, in 179 projects, by 319 happy hackers (and 557 were translation commits).
- Sven Herzberg cleaned up gnome-launch-box, removing libgnome, libgnomeui, gnome-vfs dependencies, and more; in the same cleaning vein Javier Jardón updated gnome-hello and ghex.
- Mutter merged a lot of Metacity changes, including the usage of libcanberra to play system bell and workspace switch sounds (GNOME bug 609585).
- Adel Gadllah replaced the workspace switcher popup of GNOME Shell (which was still the old metacity popup), with a clutter based one, which fits better into the overall shell design . (GNOME bug 609187)
- Also in GNOME Shell Maxim Ermilov added an “InfoBar” and undo capabilities to overview, it allows to show some information to the user and to undo his actions . (GNOME bug 608933)
- The Postasa plugin, to support uploading images to PicasaWeb using libgdata, has ben added to eog-plugins . (GNOME bug 600190)
- The Accounts dialog of Empathy has been seperated into its own program which works with the Gnome preferences and control center, this also supports embedding the preferences dialog in the “extensible-shell” control center.
- Jose Millan Soto added back support for print preview in Epiphany (GNOME bug 609021)
- The Magnatune rhythmbox plugin saw many improvements thanks to Adam Zimmerman.
August 2, 2009
This week… 2195 commits, in 186 projects, by 288 happy hackers (and 328 were translation commits).
- Now that gnome-doc-utils and yelp both have support for Mallard documents, Milo Casagrande converted gnome-hello documentation to the new format.
- After some discussion on the gnomecc list the default toolbar style has been changed to “Text beside items”.
- Sabayon was changed to use Xephyr instead of Xnest, as Xephyr supports the “new” X extensions.
- gnome-session has been fixed to not exit when the system bus restarts . (GNOME bug 583345)
- A new “ssh” plugin appeared in vinagre, which is becoming a universal tool to access remote systems.
- Robin Stocker added to Totem the functionality to remember the current position of a stream when pausing or closing . (GNOME bug 164918)
- After Hylke Bons posted some thoughts on the font viewer Thomas Wood started implementing the proposed ideas, in the “font-viewer-revamp” branch of the GNOME Control Center.
- Anjuta Git plugin gained an option to initialize new repositories . (GNOME bug 566698)
- Finally, during this 10th week of the summer of code, students were hard at work, some noticeable advancements:
- Paul A. Bellamy successfully implemented syncing and a properties dialog for MTP devices in Rhythmbox;
- Neil Loknath added streaming to Banshee using Telepathy, you can now stream a contact’s music after downloading their library info;
- Paulo Cabido merged the plugin engine with Getting Things Gnome main development branch.