May 6, 2012
This week… 2665 commits, in 201 projects, by 227 happy hackers (and 357 were translation commits).
- Sergey V. Udaltsov removed unneeded xmodmap support from libgnomekbd . (GNOME bug 674874)
- Ludovic Ferrandis added a Connman based Context Manager to gupnp . (GNOME bug 672998)
- Christian Persch landed many updates to gnome-terminal, port to GSettings, application menu, and more.
- Speaking of application menu, Ignacio Casal Quinteiro added one to gstranslator.
- Perumal Viravan contributed a new documentation for the lightsoff game, using Mallard, of course.
- In gnome-disk-utility David Zeuthen added a Disk Image Mounter utility, and associated it with ISO files, for easy mounting from Nautilus.
- Bastien Nocera added a setting to disable middle click pastes in GTK +. (GNOME bug 665243)
- In orca Joanmarie Diggs began preparations for moving to Python 3.
- Cosimo Cecchi gave a new GNOME 3 style interface to gnome-font-viewer, complete with an overview and an application menu.
- Matt McCutchen fixed evolution-data-server to limit accepted bad certificates to the expected hostnames . (GNOME bug 606181)
- Paolo Borelli added support for the new location of the gtk bookmarks file to gedit.
March 25, 2012
This week… 2834 commits, in 290 projects, by 299 happy hackers (and 1050 were translation commits).
- As 3.4 draw nears much work has been going in the release notes, both from writers and translators.
- Philip Withnall modified Hitori to use two passes to draw the cells, this ensures that the borders of the painted cells are always drawn on top of the borders of the unpainted cells.
- In meld Nguyễn Hồng Quân fixed the overly-tall commit dialogs by making the list of files scrollable.
- Paolo Bacchilega added a scale on the map view of gthumb.
- In gnome-session Jasper St. Pierre removed the toggle switches for extensions from the fail whale screen . (GNOME bug 671693)
- Victor Oliveira added OpenCL headers, and much code, to gegl.
- Curtis Gedak fixed gparted to ensure the necessary space for EBR when resizing Extended partition . (GNOME bug 664050)
- Felix Riemann reverted the “Do not show the titlebar when eog is maximized” change that was made to eog, as it caused accidental triggers of gnome-shell’s activities menu . (GNOME bug 671643)
- In network-manager-applet Dan Williams added code to track GNOME Shell version, not just whether it’s running.
- Ignacio Casal Quinteiro modified gtranslator to use an inline toolbar for the profiles settings in the preferences dialog.
- Debarshi Ray fixed gnome-online-accounts to remove the credentials from the keyring when an account is removed . (GNOME bug 654168)
- In gnumeric Andreas J. Guelzow improved import/export of ODF documents. (part of GNOME bug 671461)
- Emmanuele Bassi added support for touch events to Clutter, for the time being, it just relays everything it gets, from the X server to the Clutter application.
November 14, 2010
This week… 2168 commits, in 214 projects, by 223 happy hackers (and 385 were translation commits).
- Tomas Bzatek ported the GVFS daemons to GSettings.
- The drag n drop redesign of GNOME Shell has been pushed to the gnome-shell-design repository.
- Torsten Schoenfeld worked on introspection support in the Perl modules, adding tests and implementing conversions from and to Perl scalar values.
- Owen Taylor pushed his mutter branch making shadows pretty and configurable . (GNOME bug 592382)
- Epiphany has been changed to use ful lcontent zoom by default . (GNOME bug 615362)
- Shaun McCance added support for TTML captions to Mallard
tag, he wrote about it in Mallard+TTML Video Captions.
- Maxim Ermilov updated GNOME Shell to never fall back to using the window title as application name . (GNOME bug 624935)
- Tomaž Vajngerl added the MapQuest rendered for OpenStreetMap to libchamplain.
- Jose Aliste ported the gedit syntex plugin to both libpeas and the newest pygobject (with introspection).
- Nemiver got better breakpoint re-setting on restart, by Dodji Seketeli . (GNOME bug 634227)
- Lucas Rocha added thing-specific toolbars to The Board (which has been added to git.gnome.org recently), and later he wrote about them in Context Toolbars in The Board.
- In GTK+ A xcb GDK backend has been started by Ryan Lortie.
- Ignacio Casal Quinteiro updated gstranslated plugin engine to use libpeas.
- And Gheyret T.Kenji added Uighur translations to a lot of modules.
November 7, 2010
This week… 1795 commits, in 177 projects, by 252 happy hackers (and 317 were translation commits).
- Robert Ancell updated gnome-nettool to use gsettings (GNOME bug 625900), he also fixed autocompletion and dropdown history.
- Roberto Majadas pushed his win32 branch of nanny, the GNOME parental control application.
- A simple distribution upgrade tool using PackageKit has been started by Richard Hughes, he blogged about it in Preupgrade, meet PackageKit.
- Empathy has been fixed to to support multiple telephone fields . (GNOME bug 630421)
- Sandy Armstrong started an HTML5 offline note application built on jQuery Mobile, for snowy.
- The media-keys gnome-settings-daemon plugin has been ported to GDBus by Bastien Nocera . (GNOME bug 634104)
- Also in gnome-settings-daemon Rodrigo Moya added a settings key to disable boot time configuration of XRandR configuration . (GNOME bug 631388)
- Paolo Bacchilega added Windows Imaging Format (.wim, .swm) support to file-roller.
- Holger Berndt added the possibility to register an external bulk rename tool in Nautilus . (GNOME bug 306489)
- Jim Evins refined the barcode objects in glables, drawing a outline and using a more sophisticated test to determine if the cursor is on a barcode object.
- Johannes Shmid ported Anjuta to GTK+ 3, and started the work to port Glade, on the “offscreen-gtk3″ branch. Also in the GTK+ 3 port serie, Thomas H.P. Andersen ported gnotski (from gnome games) and Ignacio Casal Quinteiro ported gtranslator.
- In GTK+ 3 itself Alexander Larsson added GtkRadioGroup, a group of object having radiobutton like behaviour, and Bastien Nocera added support for a custom GtkAssistant page type . (GNOME bug 576498)