the second day of the hackfest had a pretty big discussion on the roadmap for GTK+.
thanks to Matthias Clasen, we had a list of things to discuss prior to the start of the hackfest, even if Matthias himself would not be present:
- filling the gaps between the GNOME HIG and the GTK+ API needed to implement it
- a better cross-platform story for tool kit maintainers and application developers
- touch support
- scene graph to replace Clutter
- improving the relationship of the tool kit with Glade
- required clean ups for GTK+ 4
during the afternoon we managed to go through the first bullet point of the list, but we made really good progress on it, and we managed to assign each sub-issue to a prospective owner that is going to be in charge of it.
hopefully, we’re going to go through the other points during the rest of the hackfest much more quickly.