the second day of the hackfest had a pretty big discussion on the roadmap for GTK+.
thanks to Matthias Clasen, we had a list of things to discuss prior to the start of the hackfest, even if Matthias himself would not be present:
- filling the gaps between the GNOME HIG and the GTK+ API needed to implement it
- a better cross-platform story for tool kit maintainers and application developers
- touch support
- scene graph to replace Clutter
- improving the relationship of the tool kit with Glade
- required clean ups for GTK+ 4
during the afternoon we managed to go through the first bullet point of the list, but we made really good progress on it, and we managed to assign each sub-issue to a prospective owner that is going to be in charge of it.
hopefully, we’re going to go through the other points during the rest of the hackfest much more quickly.
One Reply to “Berlin DX Hackfest / Day 2”
Comments are closed.