March 1, 2009
This week… 1904 commits, in 187 projects, by 204 happy hackers (and 641 were translation commits).
- British English is the first language to reach 100%, there is now eight languages with over 99% of the UI strings translated, sixteen with over 95%, and 39 over the 80% mark (used to be listed in the release notes).
- There are three new modules in Subversion this week: Gnome Format, a GNOME media formatter, developed by Michael Kanis, gpointing-device-settings, a program for touchpad and trackpad settings, developed by Hiroyuki Ikezoe, and gio-strigi, a GIO wrapper for Strigi, developed by Philip Van Hoof.
- Davyd Madeley started preparing the stage for the 2.26 release notes.
- Following on last week work, Alexander Larsson worked on trusted desktop file launchers in Nautilus.
- Rhythmbox got a D-Bus interface for adding and removing DAAP shares . (GNOME bug 570115)
- GParted added detection of the BRTFS file system.
- David Zeuthen added a –device option to gvfs-mount.
- Support for taking a screenshot of an user-defined selection landed in gnome-screenshot . (GNOME bug 155061, opened in October 2004)
- Lucas Rocha merged his session-saving branch into gnome-session trunk.
- Epiphany (webkit) started using SoupProxyResolverGNOME, so it gets support for GNOME proxy settings through libproxy.
- Bastien Nocera announced the fork of bluez-gnome that is now available in gnome-bluetooth.
- Orca got support for notify-osd (the new Ubuntu notification daemon).