July 19, 2009
This week… 1954 commits, in 172 projects, by 279 happy hackers (and 293 were translation commits).
- Amitakhya Phukan added Assamese translations to a bunch of modules.
- Pierre Wieser rewrote much of the foundations of nautilus-actions, and ported to GtkBuilder along the way.
- Along the same line Felix Riemann removed the last bit of libglade from gnome-settings-daemon (GNOME bug 582502); Jaap Haitsma ported gnome-nettool (GNOME bug 580149), Christopher Taylor did gnome-screensaver (GNOME bug 463010), and Javier Jardón migrated the GTK+ wizard of Anjuta.
- A target to generate PDF files have been added to gtk-doc exposed targets.
- Several release team scripts, and jhbuild, have added support for SHA-256, to replace MD5 checksums with a better hashing algorithm.
- Thanks to Thibault Saunier, libgdata gained support for the Google Documents service (GNOME bug 587073); this is an important step in his Nautilus: Add support to Google docs for GNOME GSOC.
- Evolution got a rewrite of its calendar cache, backends will be migrating to it after some more testing.
- Working on GtkTreeView performances Benjamin Otte looked at Epiphany location bar and changed it to set a fixed width on its cell renderer.
- Murray Cumming published a toolpalette branch for GTK+, implementing a new tool palette container widget, with groups of toolbar items that can be shown as a grid of icons or a list of names (GNOME bug 567729).
- Also in GTK+ Michael Natterer added a bunch of API to access sealed flags or members, as they are necessary for applications to port applications to a GSEAL-enabled GTK+.
- Banshee added support for WebOS, used in the Palm Pre (GNOME bug 585112).
- Ray Strode ported the GDM greeter to PolicyKit 1.0, and made it so, that in case of duplicated names, it appends the username to differentiate the entries.
- After discussing the matter with designers at GUADEC, William Jon McCann patched libgnome to disable icons on menu items and buttons (GNOME bug 583352, GNOME bug 557469); guidelines on the proper usage of icons should now be published.
April 19, 2009
This week… 1889 commits, in 207 projects, by 235 happy hackers (and 407 were translation commits).
- The Git migration happened, and 84 commits were about doap files, and 44 about .gitignore files.
- gnome-netstatus, empathy and gnome-dictionary (from gnome-utils , GNOME bug 577943) all switched to GtkBuilder.
- libgdata added support for ETags, to allow for versioning when querying, updating and deleting entries . (GNOME bug 578661)
- A new plugin has been added to eog, to order images randomly in slideshow mode . (GNOME bug 562135)
- Libchamplain got support for more advanced markers, allowing to set many properties on markers, allowing features such as attached image or text and how if should be displayed (wrapped, ellipsized, etc .). (GNOME bug 576055)
- Matthew Barnes updated gnome-video-arcade to make game play back work again with recent MAME releases.
- Sabayon was updated to use Xephyr instead of Xnest.
- Xan Lopez fixed backwards search in Epiphany Find Toolbar.
- Empathy got a new “join chatroom” dialog, which will only load the room list when the rooms are displayed.
- Seed imports system was changed to match the one in gjs, making it easier to port applications between them. Robert Carr posted details in some Seed updated.