October 18, 2009
This week… 2078 commits, in 184 projects, by 233 happy hackers (and 438 were translation commits).
- The new GtkFileSystemModel worked by Benjamin Otte and Federico Mena Quintero has been pushed to GTK+.
- Also in GTK+, a new GtkSpinner widget has been commited . (GNOME bug 319607)
- libsoup was changed to allow multiple pending connections to a server at once, as only allowing a single connection attempt at once really slows down pages with lots of subresources on servers that disallow persistent connections . (GNOME bug 594768)
- gdm has been converted from using gnome-power-manager to DeviceKit-power . (GNOME bug 596569)
- Jason Clinton pushed the Clutter rewrite of the Nibbles game, done by Guillaume Beland during his summer of code.
- Vinagre has been updated to keep the aspect ratio when using scaling mode . (GNOME bug 593192)
- Jason Childs added support for transparent objects in dia, by adding alpha to the Color structure . (GNOME bug 591525)
- Devhelp has been modified to look for an existing local copy of documents referred by their library.gnome.org location . (GNOME bug 598598)
- xml2po has been fixed to work with parallel builds . (GNOME bug 593175)
- Balsa, Gimp and goffice were all ported to compile fine with GSEAL enabled.
September 6, 2009
This week… 2207 commits, in 200 projects, by 262 happy hackers (and 654 were translation commits).
- Michael Natterer added support for layer trees in Gimp, the UI still needs to be improved but there is now a Folder button in the layers dialog . (GNOME bug 86337)
- Totem browser plugin now overrides the HTTP user-agents for Quicktime and Windows Media Player, this fixes playback of the Apple trailers . (GNOME bug 375867)
- David Zeuthen started a “new-ui” branch to rework the UI of libgdu-gtk and palimpset.
- Brasero has been fixed to not use readcd (-clone) to copy audio CD, as it doesn’t keep CD-TEXT . (GNOME bug 580813)
- Epiphany gained back its “view source” command . (GNOME bug 503968)
- A new g_mkstemp_full() function has been added to glib, to expose more parameters than g_mkstemp(), allowing more flexibility when creating temporary files . (GNOME bug 594034)
- In Gnumeric Andreas J. Guelzow added handling of ODF import/export of surface plots originally created in Excel . (GNOME bug 594041)
- Matthew Barnes updated the “mailing-list-actions”, “save-calendar” and “publish-calendar” evolution plugins to the bonobo-liberated Evolution.
- On the same topic Lucian Langa started porting evolution-rss for the new Evolution.
August 9, 2009
This week… 1813 commits, in 179 projects, by 261 happy hackers (and 401 were translation commits).
- Totem has been updated to use its new logo in both the browser plugin and main player (GNOME bug 480200), and to display embedded cover images in audio streams (GNOME bug 581249).
- Marek Kašík added SVG support to GtkPrintBackendFile, this allows printing to SVG 1.2 files. (GNIME bug 357655)
- Gimp got a palette export script which allows exporting palettes to .css, .php, .py, .txt and .java by adding a Export to menu item in the palette context menu in the Palettes dockable . (GNOME bug 304399)
- Paolo Bacchilega imported his “ext” branch to gthumb, that refactors much of it into a system of extensions.
- In GNOME Shell Marina Zhurakhinskaya enabled hot corner for triggering the overview mode; to enter and leave the overview mode by just moving the mouse to the top left corner of the screen,
and Owen Taylor added a desktop file, to allow making GNOME Shell the desktop default by adding it to the auto-start items
- Empathy was changed so dragndropping contacts will move them from group to group, instead of duplicating them in both groups . (GNOME bug 585443)
- David Zeuthen added a first usable version of the Create RAID Array dialog to GNOME Disk Utility.
- A new display-configuration branch has been created in gdm, to pursue GNOME bug 536355, to get back the ability to start and stop displays dynamically.
- Xan Lopez reimplemented a password viewer for Epiphany, that fetches the data from the GNOME keyring, which is where WebKit stores it . (GNOME bug 579217)
- In his Summer of Code project Guillaume Beland ported gnibbles to Clutter 1.0, fixed a collision bug and added some nice animations and effects.
June 7, 2009
This week… 1950 commits, in 167 projects, by 242 happy hackers (and 218 were translation commits).
- Banshee gained a “shuffle by album” option (GNOME bug 348582)
- Support for publishing geolocation information has been merged into Empathy (GNOME bug 571666)
- Milan Crha added a folder emblem to show new mail arrivals to Evolution (GNOME bug 323037); also Evolution dropped support for CDE (GNOME bug 582939).
- Support for the JPEG 2000 image format has been added to Gimp (GNOME bug 111409)
- GTK+ gained a new GtkInfoBar widget, similar to GeditMessageArea and similar widgets in Firefox. Its API is inspired by GtkDialog, with a content area and an action area. The message area uses symbolic colors for different background colors for warnings, errors, informational messages, etc . (GNOME bug 555344)
- Rhythmbox track change notification bubbles gained a “Skip” button (GNOME bug 331272)
- Shaun McCance created a new “mallard” branch for Yelp, to add support for the new Mallard document format.
- Christian Persch made a few HIG improvements to the NetworkManager connection editor (GNOME bug 584223)
- JHBuild GUI was rewritten to be totally awesome (and to not require libglade).
- PyBank, the bindings for GIRepository, got handling of structs as return values.
- Most importantly, Anjuta splash screen got rewritten from the obsolete libgnomecanvas to straight cairo (GNOME bug 571740).
November 2, 2008
This week… 1368 commits, in 151 projects, by 171 happy hackers (and 155 were translation commits).
Gimp merged the Google Summer of Code project of Daniel Eddeland that added on-canvas text-editing. Rhythmbox gaired a new iPod properties dialog (with disk usage and such stuff). NetworkManager code was cleaned up adding and using accessors to various settings. Libgnome/ui got killed this week in libgames-support (and that finally makes gnome-games libgnome free) (by Thomas H.P. Andersen), goffice (by Jean Brefort) and gnome-settings-daemon (by Jens Granseuer). Brasero has been proposed for inclusion in 2.26 and continues to see a steady flow of bug fixes. Owen Taylor commited a little bit of gnome-shell code into Subversion and posted some notes. Zeeshan Ali moved gnome-media-server to Subversion under a new name, Rygel.
October 5, 2008
This week… 1537 commits, in 172 projects, by 188 happy hackers (and 321 were translation commits).
Gimp 2.6 and Banshee 1.3.2 were released (and activity continued at full pace afterward). Richard Hult cleaned up devhelp code, optimised it at places, and improved the advanced search enough as to get it enabled by default. Evolution continued its switch to LGPL, and memos and tasks in the kill-bonobo branch are now (mostly) working. Murray Cumming cleaned up obsolete documents off developer.gnome.org.