March 11, 2012
This week… 2499 commits, in 192 projects, by 263 happy hackers (and 793 were translation commits).
- Jean Bréfort added gobject introspection support to goffice . (GNOME bug 670161)
- Morten Welinder improved the Excel export support in gnumeric in various ways.
- Giovanni Campagna ported libgweather to GSettings . (GNOME bug 646854)
- In empathy Guillaume Desmottes added some sanity cleaning process to fix XMPP accounts priority . (GNOME bug 671452)
- Peter Hurley contributed to gnome-panel to get the panel separators sized by CSS styling . (GNOME bug 671329)
- Bertrand Lorentz updated banshee to handle UPnP device removal.
- The port of swell-foop to Vala that Sophia Yu worked on landed in gnome-games.
- Alejandro Piñeiro got various fixes to accessibility support commited into gnome-shell.
- Bastien Nocera updated gnome-settings-daemon wacom plugin so that the LED changes depending on the mode of operation . (GNOME bug 670905)
- In rhythmbox Jonathan Matthew made magnatune download accounts work again.
- Ryan Lortie updated dconf engine to allow multiple user databases . (GNOME bug 662438)
- The history rewrite branch of Epiphany landed, thanks to Xan Lopez, Martin Robinson, and Claudio Saavedra.
August 17, 2009
This week… 2799 commits, in 207 projects, by 314 happy hackers (and 707 were translation commits).
- Nautilus has been changed to inhibit gnome-power-manager when copying files (GNOME bug 334806).
- Simon van der Linden landed much of his summer of code work on pybank (using gobject-introspection to create dynamic Python bindings to gobject libraries) in the gsco2009 branch.
- GConf has removed its libgnome dependency (which was casued by a test client ) (GNOME bug 586435), and was ported to the PolicyKit 1.0 API (GNOME bug 585303).
- Benjamin Otte ported byzanz (screencast tool) from gnome-vfs to gio, and from gdk to cairo.
- Thanks to a change in libgweather it is now possible to add an UTC time entry to the clock applet . (GNOME bug 541145)
- Jean Bréfort added a new cairo-based canvas to goffice, to be used in Gnumeric, to replace foocanvas.
- Every little part of gnome-panel has been ported to GtkBuilder.
- The gvfs gphoto2 backend and monitor were ported to gudev.
- Most of the C++ bindings were transitioned to a new build infrastructure, using the new mm-common module.
- In Yelp Shaun McCance added the possibility for ghelp: URIs to reference Mallard documents.
- And an all-new Mallard documentation, mostly written by Milo Casagrande and Phil Bull, has been merged into Empathy.
- Dan Winship ported SoupAddress to use GResolver, new in the latest GLib.
- Finally Matthew Barnes added support for “Fifth Sunday *of the month*” to Evolution (in his kill-bonobo branch) (and it also works for other weekdays !) (GNOME bug 328361).
December 7, 2008
This week… 1282 commits, in 164 projects, by 171 happy hackers (and 156 were translation commits).
- Totem got a new Jamendo plugin in totem, a patch from David Jean Louis (GNOME bug 561811) (a screenshot is posted below).
- Empathy lost its libgnomeui dependency and evince dropped its libglade one.
- gtk-doc now highlights deprecation warnings, and they are now also supported in signals and properties (GNOME bug 562655).
- glib added functions for shadowed mounts (a mount is said to be shadowed if there exists one or more user visible objects (currently GMount objects) with a root that is inside the root of mount.) and nautilus started using them.
- Behdad Esfahbod continued his vte cleaning.
- Dan Winship moved Luxembourg (city) out of Belgium (GNOME bug #562772).
- anjuta devhelp plugin got updated to devhelp/webkit (GNOME bug #560311) and got a button to access online API help (library.gnome.org)
- Federico Mena Quintero added support to use libnotify for errors displayed by gnome-settings-daemon xrandr module
- GTK+ (trunk) got a method to draw progress in a GtkEntry (GNOME bug 546285), this was prompted by Epiphany developers wondering about a progress-in-location-bar idea.
November 30, 2008
This week… 1476 commits, in 165 projects, by 160 happy hackers (and 155 were translation commits).
- There were lots of 2.24.2 tagging, with 2.24.2 released on Wednesday.
- Many modules completed the “Cleaning up GTK Includes” goal (file-roller, system-monitor, gnome-session, fast-user-switch-applet, libgweather, gnome-nettool and gnome-netstatus).
- Another goal is about removing deprecated GTK+ symbols, gdm, system-monitor and gnome-netstatus completed it.
- gedit merged plugin system changes from its “new_plugin” branch; this includes a new python plugin loader, references to Python have been removed from gedit core.
- Christian Persh continued cleaning gnome-terminal and added a runtime debugging framework.
- Ron McOuat patch to add support for basic and digest authentication in souphttpstr (in GStreamer) got applied.
- Diego Escalante Urrelo gave some attention to gnome-netstatus, cleaning it up (including the removal of the libgnomeui dependency) and applying some long-waiting patches (most notable being the consideration of Fitt’s law).
- Aisleriot gained a new game, Queen of Italy (aka Terrace)
- Lutz Mueller and Morten Welinder made it possible to drag a sheet from gnumeric to gedit (or any other text program).
- Finally Evolution CalDAV support gained support for VTODO and VJOURNAL resources