June 20, 2010
This week… 2299 commits, in 199 projects, by 257 happy hackers (and 362 were translation commits).
- This week again a few modules were ported to gsettings, this is the case for GNOME Shell, Brasero, Empathy and the GNOME Bluetooth nautilus-sendto plugin.
- girparser, from gobject-introspection, got support for an introspectable=no attribute, to replace the hackish pre-filter for varargs with a much more generic mechanism . (GNOME bug 621570)
- Robert Ancell made dconf-editor understand and display configuration schemas.
- Jonh Wendell added the possibility to specifiy an alternative ssh port when doing tunnels in Vinagre . (GNOME bug 621809)
- Matthias Clasen ported accounts-dialog to be a control-center panel, this is done in the control-center-panel branch.
- Maxim Ermilov added animated display of startup notifications to GNOME Shell . (GNOME bug 598349)
- Totem has been ported to the new libpeas for plugin handling . (GNOME bug 604830)
- Garrett Regier added support for gobject introspection to gedit (GNOME bug 621549)
- F-Spot has been switched to use bilinear scaling for thumbnails . (GNOME bug 621881)
- Stef Walter fixed a deadlock on secure memory usage in gnome-keyring.
- Around the Summer of Code projects, Stéphane Maniaci added a basic flickr fetcher to ease, to grab pictures from flickr, Luca Invernizzi added a new two-way synchronization engine to Getting Things GNOME, Alexander Saprykin implemented GIO async read/write support to his totem chapter plugin, and other students also did much work…
June 6, 2010
This week… 1883 commits, in 194 projects, by 225 happy hackers (and 372 were translation commits).
- Christian Persch added a backend using GDBus to libunique (GNOME bug 618723).
- In the same vain both libbonobo and nautilus have been ported to use GDBus.
- In another important transition Richard Hughes ported gnome-packagekit and gnome-power-manager to GSettings.
- Maxim Ermilov modified GNOME Shell app view to have sections, based on the categories from desktop files . (GNOME bug 614131)
- John Palmieri added the gtk-demo app, and a couple of demos, to the the pygi repository.
- Per-line staging and unstaging has been made possibile in the gitg git frontend.
- Robert Carr added a theme chooser, and several themes, to his Glide presentation tool.
- In the Ease presentation tool Nate Stedman added transition previews in the inspector.
- Evolution-data-server got the necessary code to connect via a SOCKS4 proxy.
- Yelp got a “Read Later” feature, Shaun McCance wrote about it on his blog: Read It Later With Yelp.
- Ruben Vermeersch worked on the import code of f-spot.
- An initial universal access module and UI has been added to the gnome-control-center by Thomas Wood.
- During his SoC Alex Launi abstracted the context pane logic of Banshee so that the context pane and the now playing area can work independently while sharing the same backend content.
- Yuvi Panga spent his second week replicating most of the UI of Cheese in Vala, making the thumbnail widget work, and implementing a fullscreen mode.