June 14, 2009
This week… 1743 commits, in 187 projects, by 195 happy hackers (and 381 were translation commits).
- Alexander Larsson is still working on client side windows in GTK+ and posted a status update.
- A new API to draw routes and lines has been commited to libchamplain . (GNOME bug 572377) (example)
- file-roller has been updated to use new GtkEntry icon support, instead of SexyIconEntry . (GNOME bug 584810)
- gthumb changed from libgphoto to the gphoto gvfs backend . (GNOME bug 583796)
- The gnio rewrite of gvfs FTP support made it so idn/punycode is now supported . (GNOME bug 567871)
- libgnomekbd switched to use single GTK+ includes . (GNOME bug 563629)
- The Hamster applet got the possibility to export reports to CSV . (GNOME bug 549604)
- Support for Adium themes (using WebKit) has been merged in Empathy. Various themes were already tested, and they are listed, with known issues on awiki page (GNOME bug 522069)
- Banshee gained a weighted random mode, to play highest rated songs more often . (GNOME bug 544680)
- Telepathy “tubes” support landed in vino, allowing to share the desktop with Empathy contacts . (GNOME bug 584840)
- Many of the patches Milan Bouchet-Valat created with regards to GTK+ file chooser issues were finally applied.
February 1, 2009
This week… 1687 commits, in 167 projects, by 184 happy hackers (and 391 were translation commits).
- In Conduit, John Stowers added a new dataprovider that changes the desktop wallpaper, and suggests connecting to a flickr RSS feed…
- Sound Juicer media support has been ported from libnautilusburn to libbrasero-media . (GNOME bug 567286)
- After much testing Behdad Esfahbod removed the ClassDef->Defined field in Pango, and the associated special-handling code; he wrote “The special-casing was consuming lots of memory. EIGHT MEGABYTES for loading DejaVu Sans! While this could be complete fixed, I decided to remove the special-handling code altogether. I don’t think it will make any real difference, and if it does, we’ll fix fonts.”; in another commit he also saved over 2000 alloc calls when loading DejaVu Sans.
- Deskbar got an OpenSearch module . (GNOME bug 528184)
- Cosimo Cecchi implemented write support for the ObexFTP gvfs backend . (GNOME bug 519071)
- Following libnotify acceptance as an external dependency, Empathy got support and will now show a popup notification when receiving a new message.
- Ryan Lortie added _async functions for GDataInputStream (async versions of read_line and read_until ). (GNOME bug 568575)
- file-roller got ported to use gtkbuilder instead of libglade.
- A good bunch of memory leaks were fixed in brasero.
- The Volume Control balance widget got updated to use the new GTK+ scale marks.
- Banshee got a basic clutter UI for rendering the video texture from the clutter sink in the media pipeline.
- Theppitak Karoonboonyanan went on building modules out of their source trees and filed bugs and patches against those failing, many of those issues are already fixed (in gnome-settings-daemon, Ekiga, Brasero and gnome-keyring).
- Callum McKenzie finally killed the last bit of libgnome in gnome-applets; and returned the mixer applet.
- Long standing GTK+ bug (lastly spotted in a post on Planet Gnome by Ruben Vermeersch) got nailed with a patch from Simos Xenitellis . (GNOME bug 162726)
- Rhythmbox improved its handling of transcoding format selection for MTP devices, now preferring MP3 over M4A/AAC . (GNOME bug 567524)
- Pavel Kostyuchenko work on Anjuta/Glade3 integration (part of GSoC, see project his proposal) finally got commited . (GNOME bug 542412)
January 11, 2009
This week… 1992 commits, in 182 projects, by 186 happy hackers (and 349 were translation commits).
- Lucas Rocha set his eyes on gnome-session, and started fixing bugs introduced in the 2.24 rewrite.
- A library, libbrasero-media, got extracted out of brasero, Philippe Rouquier tells more about it on desktop-devel-list.
- Lightsoff, which was started as an example shipped in the Seed module, has been imported in gnome-games.
- File Roller and Eye of GNOME removed their dependencies and libgnome and libgnomeui; and Anjuta removed its dependency on gnomevfs.
- GVFS got its SMB browsing authentication support much improved (GNOME bug 524485).
- Cosimo Cecchi added sound events support in Empathy (via libcanberra).
- In gnome-keyring-daemon, the new modular SSH agent has been integrated as the main SSH agent.
- Ignacio Casal Quinteiro added a new fullscreen mode to gedit, with a sliding toolbar . (GNOME bug 520749)
- A new plugin was added to nautilus-sendto, to send files over IM via Empathy.
November 30, 2008
This week… 1476 commits, in 165 projects, by 160 happy hackers (and 155 were translation commits).
- There were lots of 2.24.2 tagging, with 2.24.2 released on Wednesday.
- Many modules completed the “Cleaning up GTK Includes” goal (file-roller, system-monitor, gnome-session, fast-user-switch-applet, libgweather, gnome-nettool and gnome-netstatus).
- Another goal is about removing deprecated GTK+ symbols, gdm, system-monitor and gnome-netstatus completed it.
- gedit merged plugin system changes from its “new_plugin” branch; this includes a new python plugin loader, references to Python have been removed from gedit core.
- Christian Persh continued cleaning gnome-terminal and added a runtime debugging framework.
- Ron McOuat patch to add support for basic and digest authentication in souphttpstr (in GStreamer) got applied.
- Diego Escalante Urrelo gave some attention to gnome-netstatus, cleaning it up (including the removal of the libgnomeui dependency) and applying some long-waiting patches (most notable being the consideration of Fitt’s law).
- Aisleriot gained a new game, Queen of Italy (aka Terrace)
- Lutz Mueller and Morten Welinder made it possible to drag a sheet from gnumeric to gedit (or any other text program).
- Finally Evolution CalDAV support gained support for VTODO and VJOURNAL resources