July 31, 2011
This week… 1611 commits, in 192 projects, by 234 happy hackers (and 211 were translation commits).
- Hans Breuer added handling for some more transforms to the SVG import support of Dia.
- Alexandre Mazari changed Epiphany to use an external CSS file for widget styling.
- In gthumb Paolo Bacchilega added ability to import photos from a folder . (GNOME bug 452764)
- Pierre-Yves Luyten contributed Mallard documentation to gnote . (GNOME bug 620557)
- Cosimo Cecchi rewrote the PDF loader of GNOME Documents with an async/cancellable API.
- Philip Withnall added better APIs to handle image data in Folks . (GNOME bug 650414)
- The port of gjs to gdbus by Giovanni Campagna was commited.
- Marek Kasik added firewalld support to the printers panel of gnome-control-center, to make it open the firewall for required connections when searching for printers.
- Richard Hughes went to remove a lot of code from gnome-power-manager, as most things are now happening in the gnome-settings-daemon power plugin.
- Cosimo Cecchi made a first iteration of a blue-based dark theme.
- Emilio Pozuelo Monfort made a serie of UI improvements to Empathy call window.
- Thomas Hindoe Paaboel Andersen ported the iagno game to gsettings.
- Rhythmbox got a new clutter-based visualizer plugin, by Jonathan Matthew.
July 17, 2011
This week… 2446 commits, in 159 projects, by 280 happy hackers (and 451 were translation commits).
- Raluca Elena Podiuc made the effect previews of Cheese scale with the window.
- Pedro Castro updated gnome-subtitles to show the character count in the margin . (GNOME bug 625485)
- A new extension for the shell has been contributed by Erick Pérez Castellanos, workspace-indicator shows a menu in the status area that indicates current workspace and allows for quick switching, similar to the workspace-indicator applet in GNOME 2.
- Raul Gutierrez Segales added an evolution-data-server backend to folks . (GNOME bug 638281)
- Support for libgdata 0.9 has been added to the postasa eog plugin by Felix Riemann . (GNOME bug 654302)
- Jakub Steiner improved the appearance of menu and window default shadows . (GNOME bug 649374)
- Enrico Minack introduced index value expansion and tree organization of quotes in the invest applet.
- Andreas J. Guelzow improved the conditional formatting dialog of Gnumeric.
- Matthias Clasen added new g_unichar_compose() and g_unichar_decompose() functions to glib . (GNOME bug 654195)
- Cosimo Cecchi turned the automout plugin of gnome-settings-daemon into a separate binary . (GNOME bug 653521)
- Stef Walter updated gcr to display the first photo uid as icon for GnuPG keys . (GNOME bug 650433)
August 8, 2010
This week… 2649 commits, in 194 projects, by 282 happy hackers (and 522 were translation commits).
- Ruben Vermeersch updated f-spot to show import failures after the import command is done.
- Nate Stedman made ease use a single instance, using libunique.
- A long list of deprecations (GdkImage, GdkGC…) has landed in the GTK+ 2.21 branch, to match functions and objects that were removed in GTK+ 3.
- Andrea Cimitan added blur capabilities to his Murrine GTK+ engine.
- GEdit got a GSettings migration file (GNOME bug 619898).
- In GNOME Color Manager Richard Hugues added the possibility to flick between different images in the profile viewer.
- Validation of UTF-8 strings when serializing from blob has been added to GDBus.
- GNOME Power Manager EggConsoleKit has been converted to use GDBus.
- Philip Withnall added a key-file backend to folks, to store links made between contacts.
- Epiphany web inspector got new capabilities, including docking in Epiphany’s window, Gustavo Noronha Silva wrote about this in WebKitGTK+ and the Web Inspector.
- Aaron Bockover added the Amazon MP3 server proxy code tat is used to redirect the user to the correct Amazon store, set the Amazon Affiliate ID on requests, and generally provide a level of indirection.
- Bastien Nocera added support for Last.fm’s new XSPF extensions to totem-pl-parser.
- Jiří Techet introduced a memory cache, and removed the non-persistent file cache, to store tiles in libchamplain.
- The summer of code is ending soon, Luca Invernizzi ported his Getting Things Gnome Evolution plugin to be a proper backend, Jamie Nicol added the ability to download free songs from Last.fm in Rhythmbox, etc.