March 20, 2011
This week… 3142 commits, in 211 projects, by 294 happy hackers (and 1113 were translation commits).
- Translators were all hard at work, with more than one thousand commits this week.
- John Stowers pushed his GNOME Tweak Tool to the GNOME Git server.
- Mutter was changed to provide a single library, combining both libmutter-wm and libmutter-private . (GNOME bug 644565)
- Colin Walters added a “fail whale” dialog in gnome-session, to be shown on component failures; the name comes from Twitter error pages . (GNOME bug 642497)
- The same Colin Walters also rewrote a11y bus management in at-spi2-core, so it doesn’t fall back to the session bus . (GNOME bug 644851)
- Cosimo Cecchi added a first iteration of a dark variant of the Adwaita theme, in gnome-themes-standard.
- In libsoup Dan Winship implemented a GNOME proxy backend using te network proxy settings from gsettings-desktop-schemas, for automatic proxy configuration it uses the D-Bus service provided by the libproxy plugin . (GNOME bug 644211)
- Shaun McCance added mouseovers on topic links of Mallard documents, in yelp-xsl.
- In gnome-devel-docs Johannes Schmid updated or added guitar tuner demos in different languages.
- And also at the documentation hackfest many pages were written for the user help, by all participants.
- Claude Paroz added support for “reduced stats” in damned-lies, making it possible to have statistics on “important” strings, for example it currently excludes schema strings.
- Jan Danielsson added support for the Fossil Source Control Management to Meld . (GNOME bug 644811)
- Richard Hugues updated the screenshot tool in gnome-utils to save the screen ICC profile in the screenshot.
- Bastien Nocera implemented touchpad motion settings in the mouse plugin for gnome-settings-daemon . (GNOME bug 642474)
December 19, 2010
This week… 1798 commits, in 165 projects, by 218 happy hackers (and 271 were translation commits).
- Shaun McCance added support for the Mallard Facets extension to both yelp and yelp-xsl.
- Robert Carr ported ease from autotools to the Wav build system.
- James Liggett implemented the Revert pane in the Git plugin of Anjuta.
- Handling of GeoRSS for YouTube videos has been added to libgdata.
- Laura Lucas Alday added command line options for starting cheese in wide and fullscreen modes . (GNOME bug 597820)
- Milan Bouchet-Valat switched the GNOME System Tools to GTK+ 3.
- A rewrite of the documentation for Orca has been started by Joanmarie Diggs.
- In gnome-settings-daemon Colin Walters changed the default behaviour when closing a laptop lid, from hibernate to suspend . (GNOME bug 637473)
- The sasl-gui branch has been merged into Empathy, meaning it is now possible to setup accounts without saving the passwords.
- Maxim Ermilov implemented filtering applications by category to GNOME Shell . (GNOME bug 631537)
- Tristan Van Berkom merged his treeview refactoring in GTK+, he has a number of posts on the subject in his blog.
- Richard Hughes added a first version of a network panel to the control center.
November 14, 2010
This week… 2168 commits, in 214 projects, by 223 happy hackers (and 385 were translation commits).
- Tomas Bzatek ported the GVFS daemons to GSettings.
- The drag n drop redesign of GNOME Shell has been pushed to the gnome-shell-design repository.
- Torsten Schoenfeld worked on introspection support in the Perl modules, adding tests and implementing conversions from and to Perl scalar values.
- Owen Taylor pushed his mutter branch making shadows pretty and configurable . (GNOME bug 592382)
- Epiphany has been changed to use ful lcontent zoom by default . (GNOME bug 615362)
- Shaun McCance added support for TTML captions to Mallard
tag, he wrote about it in Mallard+TTML Video Captions.
- Maxim Ermilov updated GNOME Shell to never fall back to using the window title as application name . (GNOME bug 624935)
- Tomaž Vajngerl added the MapQuest rendered for OpenStreetMap to libchamplain.
- Jose Aliste ported the gedit syntex plugin to both libpeas and the newest pygobject (with introspection).
- Nemiver got better breakpoint re-setting on restart, by Dodji Seketeli . (GNOME bug 634227)
- Lucas Rocha added thing-specific toolbars to The Board (which has been added to git.gnome.org recently), and later he wrote about them in Context Toolbars in The Board.
- In GTK+ A xcb GDK backend has been started by Ryan Lortie.
- Ignacio Casal Quinteiro updated gstranslated plugin engine to use libpeas.
- And Gheyret T.Kenji added Uighur translations to a lot of modules.
May 23, 2010
This week… 2040 commits, in 188 projects, by 264 happy hackers (and 299 were translation commits).
- Brian M. Carlson added DocBook version 5 support to yelp-xsl.
- Totem and Transmageddon both got support for the new WebM video format.
- The Google Calendar backend in evolution-data-server has been removed, as the CalDAV backend should be enough to interact with Google.
- Carlos Garcia Campos continued working on his Bonobo-less panel changes, with a port to GDBus.
- Thomas Wood added support for “shell” and “panels” in gnome-control-center, and added an initial implementation of a date/time panel.
- Shaun McCance added nautilus-sendto support in Yelp, to be able to send the pictures in documentation.
- The password length limit for SSH connections in Vinagre has been lifted.
- Xan Lopez removed the status bar of Epiphany, replacing its only use, the display of targets, by a small overlay that only appear on hover . (GNOME bug 609713)
- Łukasz Jernaś added GObject introspection support to Emerillon.
- GEdit got full support for compressed files . (GNOME bug 413220)
- In GNOME Shell Owen Taylor added a facility for automated performance measurement (GNOME bug 618189); and Dan Winship updated the Telepathy support to show notifications of presence changes (GNOME bug 611613).
- Emmanuele Bassi added a GApplication class to GLib, and Colin Walters used it to add a GtkApplication class to GTK+.
- Lin Ma reworked Solaris file event notification in GIO.